Rumour 2023 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 33!, 1 BIG FISH ALERT last October 4th) (7 confirmed! 11 Busted!)

Will Clayton Oliver join the Adelaide Crows?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I doubt the AFL would ever consider promotion/ relegation, seeing it'd require a complete restructure on how clubs operate.

I do think American styled conferences is an inevitability, however. Especially as we're in a bit of a proto- phase now with schedule double ups.
I've floated this concept way back when it was a 16 team comp:

2 sets of 8 teams Play each team in your set twice = 14 rounds and play each team in the other set once = 8 rounds; 22 rounds total.

Have a ladder for each set during the season, then top 4 from both go into finals, with the finals ranking based on win/draw/loss/percentage from the merged top 8.

With 18 teams it would be 16+9 = 25 rounds. Might be doable until a 19th team entered...

I've floated this concept way back when it was a 16 team comp:

2 sets of 8 teams Play each team in your set twice = 14 rounds and play each team in the other set once = 8 rounds; 22 rounds total.

Have a ladder for each set during the season, then top 4 from both go into finals, with the finals ranking based on win/draw/loss/percentage from the merged top 8.

With 18 teams it would be 16+9 = 25 rounds. Might be doable until a 19th team entered...
3 x 6

Play each team in your division twice = 10 games
Play every team from the other 2 divisions once = 12 games

10+12=22

The highest 2 teams from each division play finals with the next best 2 team records

The bottom 2 teams move division - to ensure fairness and uncompetitive divisions

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As harsh as it sounds and might freak the slicers I think this has to be our thinking

I like Tom and if he decides to stay then welcome - but if he feels its time for him to also cash in then thank you for your service and good luck
I'm with you. Love the lad, and truly thought he'd be our next captain... until Dawson came along and Doedee's form dropped. But like you say, if he feels it's time... then let's get something for him.

Honestly, I wonder what home truths that could be said, unless it's just a case of becoming too arrogant. Seeing Rachele has been hot.

Still, it screams of a group under pressure to perform and wilting.
I see the socials are pushing the stability line

ie the club is stable and the group has stability off the field now we need to get stability on field

Honestly, I wonder what home truths that could be said, unless it's just a case of becoming too arrogant. Seeing Rachele has been hot.

Don't care how arrogant the bloke kicking the goals is as long as he's kicking them. He kicked a couple of rippers and got the crowd going.

Keep it up I say!

Don't care how arrogant the bloke kicking the goals is as long as he's kicking them. He kicked a couple of rippers and got the crowd going.

Keep it up I say!

Depends. If it's a case of taking low % shots - i'm all for it. If it's sulking because someone didn't pass it to you, then it's a problem.

Depends. If it's a case of taking low % shots - i'm all for it. If it's sulking because someone didn't pass it to you, then it's a problem.
Tex absolutely tore strips off Rankine in the GWS game for doing this. Rankine himself cracked it at someone (might have been Keays) for not passing it.

I mentioned in the game day thread Tex chatted to Rachele after he high fived the crowd after his goal

I opined that Tex may have said ' keep the celebrations down until we hot the front'' etc
Tex absolutely tore strips off Rankine in the GWS game for doing this. Rankine himself cracked it at someone (might have been Keays) for not passing it.
You should see my mates when I deny them the ball in a social game :tearsofjoy:

Or... it's a media beat up and nothing to see here.

If Tex tore strips off Rachele how would he be with Josh Daicos. Daicos shouts at his team mates to pass the ball. Probably because he knows he can do more with it than them. I feel Rachele knows this as well. You want players wanting the ball who can back it up. McLeod was the same. Tex should remember the exuberance of youth. As we age we forget that we were the same at that age.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back