List Mgmt. 2023 Trade & List Management Thread III

Remove this Banner Ad

We finished the season with 2 on LTI.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk
George and ?
George place taken by Hansen
Callum Coleman-JonesConcussionStart of pre-season
Charlie CombenAnkleStart of pre-season
Hamish FreeShoulderStart of pre-season (non-contact)
Brayden GeorgeKneeStart of pre-season
Cooper HarveyShoulderStart of pre-season (non-contact)
Griffin LogueKneeTBC
Jack MahonyShoulderStart of pre-season (non-contact)
Luke McDonaldHamstringStart of pre-season (modified group)
Jaidyn StephensonThumbStart of pre-season
Curtis TaylorFibulaStart of pre-season
Cam ZurhaarAnkleStart of pre-season

Harvey was actually NM best contested mark when you average it all out, in saying that - small data set.
People talk about this a lot but it's a total statistical anomaly that's completely due to the fact that he only played two games and one of them was spent playing on Oisin Mullin, a guy who'd been playing footy for about 6 months and had absolutely no contested marking nous. I don't think strong contested marking will be a staple of Cooper's game going forward, undeniably he has some skill there but he won't keep getting opportunities to take advantage of a far worse opponent like that.

George and ?
George place taken by Hansen
Callum Coleman-JonesConcussionStart of pre-season
Charlie CombenAnkleStart of pre-season
Hamish FreeShoulderStart of pre-season (non-contact)
Brayden GeorgeKneeStart of pre-season
Cooper HarveyShoulderStart of pre-season (non-contact)
Griffin LogueKneeTBC
Jack MahonyShoulderStart of pre-season (non-contact)
Luke McDonaldHamstringStart of pre-season (modified group)
Jaidyn StephensonThumbStart of pre-season
Curtis TaylorFibulaStart of pre-season
Cam ZurhaarAnkleStart of pre-season
Mahony was also on there, iirc

This is how King Corey and I look at each other at mod meetings and then to break the tension I just talk about much we won the Ben Brown trade using stats.

Wat do you even discuss?

Like who wasn’t working Grand Final night?

He's a flat out liar as well, just spouts s**t that he believes regardless of whether it actually happened or not.

Was going on all trade period about how cocky North were and saying we were smug and openly celebrating the priority picks given to us.

Absolute simpleton.
The trade period is a time to switch off. All it really does is give the media who aren't being sold anything a time to get excited and sell stories. The overrating of players is off the charts. The Ginnivan one is a prime example but, it's every year.

We should get the inside lane on him though

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
It’s not like he can decide where he goes though, he runs the gauntlet in each draft like any player. Apparently the national draft is thin and it looks like we won’t be selecting outside of the first round (not complaining 😂) but another club would have to have a throw at the stumps with him there and if not eagles have pick 1 in the rookie. I hope we get him, he would walk into our seniors! 🙏🏼

Anyone got any info on how well sausage recovered or is recovering from his ACL? I know he was in full training with the squad for the last month or so but has he still got everything we are excited about? Some previous posts with some flash backs re injuries for past players never getting back to their best raised my anxiety levels about him. 😫

Anyone got any info on how well sausage recovered or is recovering from his ACL? I know he was in full training with the squad for the last month or so but has he still got everything we are excited about? Some previous posts with some flash backs re injuries for past players never getting back to their best raised my anxiety levels about him. 😫
Passmore will possible have something to add, but at a club function a month or so back Boomer Harvey said that Sausage was good to go by late in the season but they held him back as there was nothing to gain by bringing him in early. Said he's chomping at the bit tp play, Holding back will help him build strength for 2024.

Last edited:
Chatter that we’re into Riley Bonner as a DFA. Another left footer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t see any dire need to bring in a small forward if Sheezel goes forward. He reads the play and collects the loose ball better than most, kicked as many goals this year from half back as Turner, Mahoney and Spicer combined and averaged 3 tackles per game. Add to that the agility of a forward line with Sheez, TT, CZ, George, probably Duursma, and a resting mid and there should be plenty of pressure if the players are programmed correctly.

With another preseason under Clarko and a couple of better users up the ground, I’m expecting a dangerous forward line with many avenues to goal. It’s the backline where we’re in dire need, and that is perfect drafting territory for picks 15, 17 and 18.

Last edited:
Passmore will possible have something to add, but at a club function a month or so back Boomer Harvey said that Sausage was good to go by late in the season but they held him back as there was nothing to gain by bringing him in early. Said he's chomping at the bit tp play, Holding back will help him build strength for 2024.
I think you've covered that well. His mum posts in Dom's FB group. Seems he's going well.

Bonar had 2 ACL's before us and then copped a s**t storm of injuries here.
EVW had one major injury and was never the same.

Of the current players Will Phillips spent a year out with glandular fever (which can have effects for ******* ever) and then had a statistically OK year.

A lot of blokes cop a lot of s**t, too much of it related to their draft number, while not factoring in things which would derail anyone's elite athlete career.
My issue with Bonar was never personal. I am sure he was a lovely guy. My issue is that he could never seem to get on the park consistently because of injuries. I would rather the list spot go to someone who can actually play a game.

Wait so how many of those 8 can be rookies?
My understanding is they want 4-5 players in this draft. That’s where the push for 1 could come for them. Currently hold 1, 23,
My issue with Bonar was never personal. I am sure he was a lovely guy. My issue is that he could never seem to get on the park consistently because of injuries. I would rather the list spot go to someone who can actually play a game.
Agreed on that. He had a great start to I think 2021 but got injured again and has only been on the field when are desperate for someone to cover McKay…

I think you've covered that well. His mum posts in Dom's FB group. Seems he's going well.

Yeah I spoke to him and he’s all A ok!

He’s had no set backs and he could’ve played late last year but understandably no why they didn’t.

The good thing about him is his pretty anal with what he does! (Looks after his body and does everything right)

Might even come back with a tan from been in Noosa

People talk about this a lot but it's a total statistical anomaly that's completely due to the fact that he only played two games and one of them was spent playing on Oisin Mullin, a guy who'd been playing footy for about 6 months and had absolutely no contested marking nous. I don't think strong contested marking will be a staple of Cooper's game going forward, undeniably he has some skill there but he won't keep getting opportunities to take advantage of a far worse opponent like that.
Not advocating he is the next Carey. Just an interesting anomaly to point out.

Watched training a heap come seasons end and he was looking pretty good. Big, clean, good decisions. Wasn't hardcore match sim though.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2023 Trade & List Management Thread III

Remove this Banner Ad

Back