2nds 2024 Adelaide Crows SANFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

he'll poll well again thanks to lack of players taking votes off him other than sam frost, but we dont win enough games for him to win. snelling or boyd to win it i reckon.
the comment was mainly about him being a target for the crows rather than who will win the margarine medal

Yeah, I wasn't super impressed with that aspect. There was the blind snap forward, the rushed kick you mentioned (half tackled) and the rest weren't particularly damaging clearances.

I'm happy he's winning them, as if you are going to be a prime midfielder, you need to be winning lots of clearances. It's not easy carrying a guy who only wins 7-8% of attendances. However, this week, they weren't particularly damaging and with Curtin, I think there should be a fair expectation there will be some damaging clearances.

The best move Toby could make is to move into the ruck, imho. I dunno how good he'll be there, but with Thilthorpe, Fogarty and (soon to be) Welsh, I don't know if he'll ever get past depth as a key forward/ruck.
Re Murray it depends. If he can come on in leaps and bounds as quick as his brother, and we don't have Tex or Berg next season he would very quickly be a the top of the que to be third tall in the A's (Welsh is a 2-3 year proposition).

Curtin seems like a Dawson clone, but also kicks more goals.
Huge potential.
Curtin’s a better kick than Dawson. Both passing to team mates in the field and set shot kicking for goal.

Curtin rarely misses targets… absolutely sublime foot skills.

We should be putting a massive contract in front of him right now.. he will become a 198cm midfield beast in the next few years and will have every team in the comp after him.

Has speed, agility, sublime skills, great overhead mark, penetrating left boot.. and is cool and calm in tight traffic.. always seems to look like he has time on his side.

Curtin’s a better kick than Dawson. Both passing to team mates in the field and set shot kicking for goal.

We should be putting a massive contract in front of him right now.. he will become a 198cm midfield beast in the next few years and will have every team in the comp after him.

Has speed, agility, sublime skills, great overhead mark, penetrating left boot.. and is cool and calm in tight traffic.. always seems to look like he has time on his side.
All true, but according to the selectors he’s behind Murphy in the queue

It would be pretty funny if all along we desperately wanted to draft him to sure up our defense yet he turns out to be a gun midfielder

Spend all that draft capital over decades on defenders, just desperate for more. But then our actual defense ends up fine through rookie picks while all our high pick defenders leave, suck or are actually mids (including Dawson).

And I'm all for it

Best way of getting him to re-sign is to bloody play him!

It would be pretty funny if all along we desperately wanted to draft him to sure up our defense yet he turns out to be a gun midfielder

Spend all that draft capital over decades on defenders, just desperate for more. But then our actual defense ends up fine through rookie picks while all our high pick defenders leave, suck or are actually mids (including Dawson).

And I'm all for it
Just means we can recruit more defenders

On SM-S928B using BigFooty.com mobile app

If only he could keep the shape a little better.

Re Murray it depends. If he can come on in leaps and bounds as quick as his brother, and we don't have Tex or Berg next season he would very quickly be a the top of the que to be third tall in the A's (Welsh is a 2-3 year proposition).

My guess is we'll recontract Tex for another year. Mix of Tex is still going at a solid click and Adelaide does lsck for on field leadership at this point.

If not, it's probably Gollant or Burgess at the top of the queue. Still, a fit Welsh will rise through the ranks quickly. The kid has flashed a fair bit in the last few weeks.

I do think though, if you're Murray, rip the bandaid off and go hell and leather for 1st ruck. That's the meal ticket to a 150 game career here if he can make it work with his skillset.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How was Jones, what a disappointing year, crazy it took an injury for him to be dropped.

As for Welsh, need to remember he could be playing U18 footy where he’d dominate and he’d be talked up more.

Yeah, I wasn't super impressed with that aspect. There was the blind snap forward, the rushed kick you mentioned (half tackled) and the rest weren't particularly damaging clearances.

I'm happy he's winning them, as if you are going to be a prime midfielder, you need to be winning lots of clearances. It's not easy carrying a guy who only wins 7-8% of attendances. However, this week, they weren't particularly damaging and with Curtin, I think there should be a fair expectation there will be some damaging clearances.

The best move Toby could make is to move into the ruck, imho. I dunno how good he'll be there, but with Thilthorpe, Fogarty and (soon to be) Welsh, I don't know if he'll ever get past depth as a key forward/ruck.

With Toby, that's probably all they want, a Berg replacement. If he ends up anything more it'll be a bonus.

How was Jones, what a disappointing year, crazy it took an injury for him to be dropped.

As for Welsh, need to remember he could be playing U18 footy where he’d dominate and he’d be talked up more.
Agree re Welsh. With him dropping projected draft wise thru the year, ideally he doesn’t finish with a flourish with 2-4 goals per week as could push him back into top 15-20 contention, if not higher. I am sure Swans would love to make us pay up for him after Dawson (they did with Max also)

Agree with Jones but still would have him ahead of Murphy
Jones (and Pedlar) has been my biggest disappointment this year, after what I think was his best half a season second part of 2023, I had hoped he could kick on further with confidence to become a (near) gun hbf or winger, has regressed horribly this year. Wonder what issue is….he does have talent. Mental, physically impacted early which saw form drop etc

Agree re Welsh. With him dropping projected draft wise thru the year, ideally he doesn’t finish with a flourish with 2-4 goals per week as could push him back into top 15-20 contention, if not higher. I am sure Swans would love to make us pay up for him after Dawson (they did with Max also)
You've got that call wrong, Kinnear Beatson and Simon Dalrymple are too smart and astute to do shit like that to spite another club.....they rated Max there and results show they were 100% correct.

You've got that call wrong, Kinnear Beatson and Simon Dalrymple are too smart and astute to do shit like that to spite another club.....they rated Max there and results show they were 100% correct.
Fair enough re Max. Main point was hoping Welsh doesn’t jump too much over coming weeks - where do you think he will be drafted?

My guess is we'll recontract Tex for another year. Mix of Tex is still going at a solid click and Adelaide does lsck for on field leadership at this point.

If not, it's probably Gollant or Burgess at the top of the queue. Still, a fit Welsh will rise through the ranks quickly. The kid has flashed a fair bit in the last few weeks.

I do think though, if you're Murray, rip the bandaid off and go hell and leather for 1st ruck. That's the meal ticket to a 150 game career here if he can make it work with his skillset.

Unless Tex was asking for ridiculous money or 2 years, you'd think he'd already be extended by now. I don't think him getting another year is as certain as it was a couple of months ago. And the on field leadership angle is way overcooked, I doubt it will get a contract across the line if his expected 2025 fitness/performance doesn't warrant one on their own.

He needs to go back behind the ball and be taken to the contest by his opponent. Should replace cooked liability Smith.

They bid on Max b3csuse they wanted him with that pick.

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds 2024 Adelaide Crows SANFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back