2nds 2024 Adelaide Crows SANFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

A great win by the boys playing with 10 top ups and once again an umpiring bias particularly in the first half. Could it be one of our best wins. Very young team

I don’t always agree with some of the positioning of players but the coaches do a very good job most weeks despite constant criticism from many members of this board

Next week looks like an even bigger challenge with Murray and butts out injured and Dawson withdrawn because of concussion

That is not helped by the absolutely disgraceful decision to have our reserves game on the Sunday just before our afl fixture. All other SANFL games were on Saturday. This is sheer idiocy or bastardry by the SANFL

Last edited:
He needs to go back behind the ball and be taken to the contest by his opponent. Should replace cooked liability Smith.
He needs to get fitter and leaner next year. That Lis Franc injury put him back months in terms of his preparation and like Petty has made this year a very difficult one for him

Taylor had similar issues but fortunately he is smaller and he did it early in the season so he had time to recover. He was coming last in most running sessions Before Christmas

I’m prepared to give him next year to get back into form

A great win by the boys playing with 10 top ups and once again an umpiring bias particularly in the first half. Could it be one of our best wins. Very young team

I don’t always agree with some of the positioning of players but they do a very good job most weeks despite constant criticism from many members of this board

Next week looks like an even bigger challenge with Murray and butts output injured and Dawson withdrawn because of concussion

That is not helped by the absolutely disgraceful decision to have our reserves game on the Sunday just before our afl fixture. All other SANFL games were on Saturday. This is sheer idiocy or bastardry by the SANFL
Why? Makes zero difference if crows sanfl plays Saturday or Sunday for our AFL selections

I don’t always agree with some of the positioning of players but they do a very good job most weeks despite constant criticism from many members of this board

Next week looks like an even bigger challenge with Murray and butts output injured and Dawson withdrawn because of concussion

You seriously reckon many posters are constantly criticising the SANFL players? That's Waynus level delusion.

I wouldn’t have him ahead of Ryan in that role. Let him play it in the SANFL. Jones doesn’t have the smarts or disposal

I like his disposal, off both feet too. But if we did do the right thing by dropping Smith, sounds like Ryan definitely enters the conversation.

You seriously reckon many posters are constantly criticising the SANFL players? That's Waynus level delusion.
Sanfl coaches

Curtin’s a better kick than Dawson. Both passing to team mates in the field and set shot kicking for goal.

Curtin rarely misses targets… absolutely sublime foot skills.

We should be putting a massive contract in front of him right now.. he will become a 198cm midfield beast in the next few years and will have every team in the comp after him.

Has speed, agility, sublime skills, great overhead mark, penetrating left boot.. and is cool and calm in tight traffic.. always seems to look like he has time on his side.

Speed? Cmon, I like our shiny new high pick highly rated draft things as much as the next guy but I'm not sure where you got that one from.

I haven't seen anything that indicates high speed. He takes a while to wind up (not surprising, the kids a mountain) and even when he does get wound up I don't recall seeing any high top speed.

Also looks like has a poor tank at the moment too. Not bothered, that can be overcome with a few years in the system.

Strongly agree with the rest of the points you made though.

Unless Tex was asking for ridiculous money or 2 years, you'd think he'd already be extended by now. I don't think him getting another year is as certain as it was a couple of months ago. And the on field leadership angle is way overcooked, I doubt it will get a contract across the line if his expected 2025 fitness/performance doesn't warrant one on their own.

Probably expect it in the next couple of weeks. Thinking back to Sloanes extension, that wasn't announced until the 14th of August. Even Tex himself wasn't resigned until the 24th of July last year.

I could see leadership and all that making a difference if it was a lineball call. Especially with a club that has a fair bit of pressure on it bounce back and make finals in 2025.

Makes more sense, but there's hardly constant criticism of those guys from lots of posters either. And by what metric could they be accused of doing a good job?
There is constant sniping. Go back through this thread and past years

Although many of our players take too long to get promoted in my view most look at home when they do get their chance at the higher level

Get the selections right at the draft and your second tier coaches always look much better

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably expect it in the next couple of weeks. Thinking back to Sloanes extension, that wasn't announced until the 14th of August. Even Tex himself wasn't resigned until the 24th of July last year.

I could see leadership and all that making a difference if it was a lineball call. Especially with a club that has a fair bit of pressure on it bounce back and make finals in 2025.

Club has put it off to end of year though, that hadn't happened with Sloane or Tex previously.

It does for our preparation and for the club being able to be able to view two games live. Surely SANFL team could play on Saturday and then all 3 emergencies could play one on managed minutes
How do you know the club hasn’t requested a double header?

But it’s very rare for emergencies to play limited minutes and just think about what you’re asking. You want the SANFL to accomodate the Crows treating the comp with further contempt by playing their emergencies for only part of the game. Why would the SANFL do that?

Speed? Cmon, I like our shiny new high pick highly rated draft things as much as the next guy but I'm not sure where you got that one from.

I haven't seen anything that indicates high speed. He takes a while to wind up (not surprising, the kids a mountain) and even when he does get wound up I don't recall seeing any high top speed.

Also looks like has a poor tank at the moment too. Not bothered, that can be overcome with a few years in the system.

Strongly agree with the rest of the points you made though.
Hes no slouch.. but yeah.. maybe I was pushing it a bit with that!..

He’s one of those blokes that seems to have a heap of time on his hands in traffic.. so maybe thats why he looks quicker than he is..

Unbelievable sidestep on him..

Should be played next week. Chuck him in the centre and rest him on wing/half forward or even off half back if required..

These morons just shouldnt ever put him deep in defense.. never again.

Far too much talent to waste there.

It does for our preparation and for the club being able to be able to view two games live. Surely SANFL team could play on Saturday and then all 3 emergencies could play one on managed minutes

Wasn't one of the Crows main complaints about the SANFL being the fixturing where matches are played too early? And they were requesting closer matches and matches after we play in the AFL?

We have the graveyard Sunday slot next week so an earlier Sunday game makes sense

Hes no slouch.. but yeah.. maybe I was pushing it a bit with that!..

He’s one of those blokes that seems to have a heap of time on his hands in traffic.. so maybe thats why he looks quicker than he is..

Unbelievable sidestep on him..

Should be played next week. Chuck him in the centre and rest him on wing/half forward or even off half back if required..

These morons just shouldnt ever put him deep in defense.. never again.

Far too much talent to waste there.
Agree here mate. With all normal starting mids out or sore/losing form - Dawson and Criuch out, Rankine suspended, Laird sluggish late y/day and Solis early season form tapering to an extent (without checking stats) and Curtin showing at SANFL level he can play mid it does seems time. Would love to see Curtin starting mid next week.

Ps BC, your opinions are normally pretty well on the mark and insightful with Keays historically the outlier IMO. Can I ask if he has “won you over” to an extent these days? Apologies if you have already addressed this issue

Agree here mate. With all normal starting mids out or sore/losing form - Dawson and Criuch out, Rankine suspended, Laird sluggish late y/day and Solis early season form tapering to an extent (without checking stats) and Curtin showing at SANFL level he can play mid it does seems time. Would love to see Curtin starting mid next week.

Ps BC, your opinions are normally pretty well on the mark and insightful with Keays historically the outlier IMO. Can I ask if he has “won you over” to an extent these days? Apologies if you have already addressed this issue
He’s not won me over fully yet..

But I will admit he’s definitely started to shine in that forward pocket role. If he can continue his current vein of form for the rest of the year I’ll concede that he’s definitely worthy of best 22.

The best thing he’s done in the last couple of weeks is remove a bit of that selfishness that he had for a while there out of his game..

Although many of our players take too long to get promoted in my view most look at home when they do get their chance at the higher level

Get the selections right at the draft and your second tier coaches always look much better
Look spending just 24 hours here you can soon see the different categories of supporters. Reminded me of a segment of “Welcome to Wrexham” series on Disney+ (clearly I only subscribe for Cinderella reruns, nothing to do do with being a Star Wars nerd) and they had 4 categories that did include : Happy Clappers (people only ever see the positives and love the club even if crap performance) and also the constant moaners / bed wetters (always complaining and seeing the negative). 2 others also which I can’t remember off hand,

I remember thinking at the time how true it was for most sports and am self aware to know I am in the balanced-happy clapper category. Makes me happy 😃

How was Jones, what a disappointing year, crazy it took an injury for him to be dropped.

Wasn't one to remember for Jones, seeing it's a 15 disp 1 goal game. Still, he was a significant part of why we took momentum back in the third with his aggression, and did alright on the inside - though mainly on the defensive side of things.

It's likely we're reaching the point where its time to move Jones to a bottom of the rotation forward.

Wasn't one to remember for Jones, seeing it's a 15 disp 1 goal game. Still, he was a significant part of why we took momentum back in the third with his aggression, and did alright on the inside - though mainly on the defensive side of things.

It's likely we're reaching the point where its time to move Jones to a bottom of the rotation forward.

He resurrected his career playing behind the ball. That’s where I reckon he’s at his best, he’s fast, strong over the ball and has good disposal. If Ryan’s not worthy of a debut, Jones should be replacing Smith.

Port Magpies with 14 AFL listed players getting a real pasting by the Panthers 5.2 vs 0.0

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds 2024 Adelaide Crows SANFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back