2nds 2024 Adelaide Crows SANFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

How do you know the club hasn’t requested a double header?

But it’s very rare for emergencies to play limited minutes and just think about what you’re asking. You want the SANFL to accomodate the Crows treating the comp with further contempt by playing their emergencies for only part of the game. Why would the SANFL do that?
The club would have liked a
Double header at the AO. Not at another venue where times overlap with afl game and coaches cannot get to witness earlier sanfl match. Surely this is not too much to ask for. This what happens usually with SAnfl
League and reserve teams

Both crows and port have used emergency from afL team in past to also play managed minutes in sanfl. This cannot be done if times overlap between games. Surely once again not too much to ask as all other sanfl games this weekend are on the Saturday

This is one of the main reasons why the afl teams are presently unhappy with SANFL

Double header at the AO. Not at another venue where times overlap with afl game and coaches cannot get to witness earlier sanfl match. Surely this is not too much to ask for. This what happens usually with SAnfl
League and reserve teams

Both crows and port have used emergency from afL team in past to also play managed minutes in sanfl. This cannot be done if times overlap between games. Surely once again not too much to ask as all other sanfl games this weekend are on the Saturday

This is one of the main reasons why the afl teams are presently unhappy with SANFL
You’re not going to get many double headers at AO against the traditional SANFL clubs for very obvious reasons.
1- It disenfranchises the traditional supporters from being able to attend and they’re playing in a huge stadium in front of no one.
2. The wear and tear on AO.
Just look at how the VFL is structured and where and when they play in relation to their AFL teams…it’s not that hard to see what is the norm. For anyone to think that everything should be based around their own AFL team is just delusional and disrespectful.

League and reserve teams

That sounds like one big sook

Makes more sense, but there's hardly constant criticism of those guys from lots of posters either. And by what metric could they be accused of doing a good job?
I'm sick and tired of slamming Godden and Wright. They're both souless destroyers of young footballers. Sack them NOW.

Speed? Cmon, I like our shiny new high pick highly rated draft things as much as the next guy but I'm not sure where you got that one from.

I haven't seen anything that indicates high speed. He takes a while to wind up (not surprising, the kids a mountain) and even when he does get wound up I don't recall seeing any high top speed.

Also looks like has a poor tank at the moment too. Not bothered, that can be overcome with a few years in the system.

Strongly agree with the rest of the points you made though.
I'm guessing he is gonna be ready just as we pick him?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes you can like the Double Blues stuff
SANFL dream scenario if Norwood, Sturt, Glenelg are top 3 with Centrals and North making up the 5. Three biggest fan bases at the pointy end and the next two biggest at 4th and 5th.

It’s Norwood’s premiership to lose.

Norwood and Sturt will be top two.

I suspect the Centrals v Glenelg match at Elizabeth in the penultimate round will determine 3rd spot - both sides form being quite patchy since their respective byes.

The Eagles are 5th and spluttering, but North aren’t exactly looking like they’ll jump the Eagles for 5th.

After looking like they were back to old habits for a few weeks but their form in the past couple of weeks - just losing to Centrals and beating the Eagles, still sees them hanging around to jump into 5th.

Despite the Crows currently in 8th, they’ve won 3 of their last 4 and have hit a purple patch in form. If they beat the Eagles this week, and Centrals beat North, they’re only 1 win and percentage out of the 5.

South and Port are fighting it out for the spoon.

He’s not won me over fully yet..

But I will admit he’s definitely started to shine in that forward pocket role. If he can continue his current vein of form for the rest of the year I’ll concede that he’s definitely worthy of best 22.

The best thing he’s done in the last couple of weeks is remove a bit of that selfishness that he had for a while there out of his game..

If he continues his current vein of form for the rest of the year, he'll be worthy of a gold jacket, not just best 22.

chazwazza

Would love to go to that lunch advertised there, Panther.SANFL/SA great Peter Darley , Sturt/Panthers/SANFL/SA great Rick Davies ;), Wayne Jackson and KG. Bit out of my territory unfortunately.

1721811024131.png

Last edited:
chazwazza

Would love to go to that lunch advertised there, Panther.SANFL/SA great Peter Darley , Sturt/Panthers/SANFL/SA great Rick Davies ;), Wayne Jackson and KG. Bit out of my territory unfortunately.

View attachment 2057663
Good to have the support on this from the SANFL and The Penthus.

You’re not going to get many double headers at AO against the traditional SANFL clubs for very obvious reasons.
1- It disenfranchises the traditional supporters from being able to attend and they’re playing in a huge stadium in front of no one.
2. The wear and tear on AO.
Just look at how the VFL is structured and where and when they play in relation to their AFL teams…it’s not that hard to see what is the norm. For anyone to think that everything should be based around their own AFL team is just delusional and disrespectful.
Our last one against Eagles had a heap of eagles fans in the western stand. I was like how the hell did you get in here. If they are crows members how can you support against them. Another reason I can’t wait to leave Sanfl.

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds 2024 Adelaide Crows SANFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back