2nds 2024 Adelaide Crows SANFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Is that bald ump the one that always screws us over?
The SANFL seems to have a couple of bald umpires that always screw us over. And a couple of grey haired umpires that always screw us over. And a couple of overweight umpires that always screw us over....

Can anyone who has seen a lot of Edwards say if he is showing signs he might be an a grader?
Unusual player, doesn't do much spectacular yet, but does a lot of things ok, if he got 10% quicker, 10% fitter, 10% stronger, 10% better kick, 10% better mark, there's no reason to think he wouldn't turn into a really really good player. Also no reason to think he wouldn't have those improvements in him.

Can anyone who has seen a lot of Edwards say if he is showing signs he might be an a grader?

I've only seen the last 3-4 games, but it looks like he has all the physical tools to be a top tier midfielder and is starting to put together a consistent run.

The amount of times we don't mark with the hands out in front at this level grrr, f me theyd be doing 30 push ups for everyone who didn't do that if I was coaching them.

Has all the hallmarks of a hard fought 5-8 goal win to Adelaide at this point against a young side. West are fighting well, but it seems like we have all the momentum but can't capitalise at this point. Just seems like at some point in the 3rd or 4th the dam wall breaks.

You absolute clown Ned. Why call for it when Gollant has kicked 4……

Nah, Ned doesn't deserve this whack. He's doing his job and trying for a higher percentage shot.

The only player at fault was Gollant, seeing he didn't step up and take responsibility late in the quarter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The ones I can't stand are when the tackled oppo throws himself forward onto the ground, dragging our boy with him, and we go for in the back. Are we supposed to let him go to dispose of the ball?
The thing that made me write my comment was one of those exact ones, well, in fact it was worse, cos we had his arm pinned, held him for ages first, but no free was coming, so then we brought him to ground, clearly fell to the side of him, not in his back and they got the free. Exactly the thing that happens when the umpires are clearly instructed to favour one team and screw the other.

Has all the hallmarks of a hard fought 5-8 goal win to Adelaide at this point against a young side. West are fighting well, but it seems like we have all the momentum but can't capitalise at this point. Just seems like at some point in the 3rd or 4th the dam wall breaks.
yeah as a westies man thats how i see it probably going. we dont have a match up for gollant.

Look, I get the whole doing the team thing there from Murray, but seeing he wasn't on the pocket, I don't like the pass there seeing he was 25 m out and had a set shot.

Seems a bit too much risk for not much reward.

Speaking of Edwards, up to 14 disposals, leader for Crows is smith with 17, Mchenry and Dowling also ahead of him but previously hes had trouble finding it, so this is a good sign.
I'm happy that hes showing growth, his disposal figures earlier in the year seemed like they were constantly in the mid-teens.

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds 2024 Adelaide Crows SANFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back