2nds 2024 Adelaide Crows SANFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

This is like when they made us (small northern suburbs primary school) play against the Sturt U12 development team at half time during Centrals v Sturt. They kicked 10 goals during half time and we didn't score. Pretty sure Angus Monfries was in that team
I played in a game very similar to this but for Sturt. Are you sure it wasn't Matthew Jaensch instead of Monfries?

15 hit outs to 3.

Highlights our desperate need for a ruckman in the draft/trade period.

Seems like Murray had a pretty significant amount of ruck minutes from what I've seen.

15 hit outs to 3.

Highlights our desperate need for a ruckman in the draft/trade period.
Norwood's Harry Boyd is far better than Strachan around the ground and has the bulk to match most AFL rucks with the new ruck rules. Been overlooked in the past but he'd be well worth a rookie spot. Strachan would delist and pay out if we got Boyd, that's not to say we shouldn't have a young developing ruck on the books.

I doubt Tom Clurey will be looking forward to the after-game review after that play. Burgess is on fire though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyway thoughts at half time:

It's been a scrappy, wet weather fare with not many players standing out for Adelaide at this point. Still, we're brute forcing our way past Port.

Smith has been dominant in this game and is controlling the game for Adelaide.
Jones has been industrious and had some good moments with the ball in hand.
Burgess is threatening to tear the game apart.
Edwards had one or two class moments with his burst and agility.
Dowling has been disappointing. Lots of ball, but everything has been scrappy.
Ryan hasn't been involved.

Himmelberg has me worried we have a late out even though he wasn't an emergency.

Pretty sure he can't be selected in the case of a late out, if he wasn't an emergency.

I think what would happen is Jones gets pulled in the next 10-20 minutes and take emergency duties.

Pretty sure he can't be selected in the case of a late out, if he wasn't an emergency.

I think what would happen is Jones gets pulled in the next 10-20 minutes and take emergency duties.
Isn't it just a fine to pick someone from outside the emergencies?

Some class work by Brodie Smith there.

Good - beating Port
Bad - Smith dominating which means he gets to play in the AFL next week.

Pretty unlikely. Smith seems done here, especially with Laird getting filtered out of the midfield.

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds 2024 Adelaide Crows SANFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back