2nds 2024 Adelaide Crows SANFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Edwards is going to be a very good player for us and will play better at a higher level with better players around him.
His explosive pace from the stoppage and long kicking will be a weapon.
Fascinating how quickly we've gone from a short midfield, to a potential rotation of players including Curtin (197cm), Dawson (191cm) and Edwards (191cm) and Dowling (187cm).

Starting to get a blend of players that could actually cause headaches for opposition midfield coaches

Thanks for the Intel. He is one I get excited about because his early write ups made him sound like a Dangerfield. The adjectives used were "explosiveness" and "size" but watching him this year in the Sanfl I'd definitely agree, he looks to lack intensity.

Hats off to the coaches for sticking with him as an inside mid though. Hopefully it's just a case of a young kid getting used to the physicality at senior level. As far as I understand he hasn't played much senior footy and has played very little inside mid until this year.
Hi Rix

I was referring to Gollant

Looks very composed compared to early season .....the move from Wing to midfield has seen an upswing in his performance

We have a good one here ......along with Toby Murray 👍
Which makes you wonder why we moved him from midfield to wing in the first place…..a move that wouldn’t have happened without Nicks say so, strike 11?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting that Cook is named in the centre!

If he could develop a bit more of a contested game and accumulate more possessions, his agility and decision making would be a huge plus
Pretty sure he played most of the game (that I saw) against West Adelaide in the center. Usually positioned on the defensive side. Did a few nice things and didnt look out of place.

that team above is different to the one listed on the sanfl site

League

F: Gallagher, T. Murray, Burgess

HF: J. Boyle, Himmelberg, Haysman

C: McHenry, Cook, Welsh

HB: Ryan, Madgen, Smith

B: Hamill, Tahana, Coleman

R: Strachan, Edwards, Schoenberg

INT: Sigal, Thomas, McDonald, H. Boyle

IN: H. Boyle, Coleman, McDonald, Thomas

OUT: Gollant (AFL), Jones (AFL), Borlase (AFL), Dowling (AFL)

I think Edwards has something special about him. May take a little time but will be worth the wait.
You have a ripper there. Once he gets in the senior team he will be a very good player for you. Definitely the type that will be better with better players around him.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

I presume Norwood were without their Eyre Peninsula kids but ouch

View attachment 2082034
This is like when they made us (small northern suburbs primary school) play against the Sturt U12 development team at half time during Centrals v Sturt. They kicked 10 goals during half time and we didn't score. Pretty sure Angus Monfries was in that team

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds 2024 Adelaide Crows SANFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back