2nds 2024 Adelaide Crows SANFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Have not seen any. Strachan has 7 clearances though and 15 possessions, how has he played?
He got absolutely desytoyed by both Visentini and Soldo in the ruck contests, our mids were roving to the Port rucks most of the day.

Welsh is probably the biggest winner from this week, with his first bag at SANFL level and sets himself nicely for the first year on our list next.

For the listed players, all played a solid hand:

Dowling put up big numbers, though I can't say I was too hot on his game as I found a lot of his ball use to be uncharacteristically sloppy. Still, his strength and ability to get involved in link play was impressive, and has probably earned a recall.
Edwards is the late smokey for a round 23 debutant. Backed up a breakout game last week with 22/1 performance. Won a lot of hard balls, and has a bit of class to his movement.
Smith was dominant.
McHenry and Burgess played a very good game, and were strong performers whilst the game was hot.
Down week for Ryan. Still, I do like that he's got to the point the down and non-influential games are still in the high-teens disposal wise. I do think we have a gem here at half back if and when we're ready to pull that trigger.
Murray had some nice moments, but not the standout week for him.
Strachan got beat, but did enough to nullify the Ports rucks around the ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was injured as he was run down kicking his goal in the first. He wasn't very happy.
Hopefully Cook and Schoey and Gollant play next week and we can beat Sturt and play finals . The more games for the youngsters the better . Guessing we would get Curtin back for finals but lose Smith as not enough games to qualify . Maybe even lose Chayce Jones

Hopefully Cook and Schoey and Gollant play next week and we can beat Sturt and play finals . The more games for the youngsters the better . Guessing we would get Curtin back for finals but lose Smith as not enough games to qualify . Maybe even lose Chayce Jones
Boooooo

We handled the ball much better in the conditions, the power dropped so many marks and fumbled so much, particularly in their back line. It will be interesting to see how the senior sides go. It is an interesting game ahead, I want us to win, but mindful of draft picks. I watched the first half of the WWT/Souths game and was impressed with Draper.

Is there any evidence they're competitive at AFL level? I don't think Soldo is AFL standard. Visintini might be eventually.
Maybe go do some research might be a good idea, Soldo is competitive at AFL, and better than our depth at that level. Visentini will be Port's lead ruck sooner than later and has already proven he's competitive at the level.

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds 2024 Adelaide Crows SANFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back