2nds 2024 Adelaide Crows SANFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe go do some research might be a good idea, Soldo is competitive at AFL, and better than our depth at that level. Visentini will be Port's lead ruck sooner than later and has already proven he's competitive at the level.

No need to be a patronising prick.

Soldo is below AFL standard. He's not much more than a warm body at the top level.

Visintini has proven nothing and is all promise. He's played 5 games and averaged three and a half kicks a game - possibly he becomes something, but it's all speculation. His three kicks yesterday didn't mean that much.

Both of them combined and Port still lost by 14 goals.

Soldo is below AFL standard. He's not much more than a warm body at the top level.

Visintini has proven nothing and is all promise. He's played 5 games and averaged three and a half kicks a game - possibly he becomes something, but it's all speculation. His three kicks yesterday didn't mean that much.

Both of them combined and Port still lost by 14 goals.
Once again no research before mouthing off...Soldo is a competitive tap ruck at AFL level whenever he's called up.

Soldo.PNG

Once again no research before mouthing off...Soldo is a competitive tap ruck at AFL level whenever he's called up.

View attachment 2083121
OH, really?

He wins a few hitouts, does he?

And then really kills you with the ten disposals and two marks per game.

If you love stats then you must LOVE Strachan as a backup then, Bicks - considering he does better than Soldo in kicks, handballs, marks, tackles, more frees for, less frees against, better disposal efficiency and fewer clangers all on 20% less time on ground.

Or maybe both aren't much?

Maybe you should watch the game a bit closer, and you won't get infatuated with mediocre players.

OH, really?

If you love stats then you must LOVE Strachan as a backup then, Bicks - considering he does better than Soldo in kicks, handballs, marks, tackles, more frees for, less frees against, better disposal efficiency and fewer clangers all on 20% less time on ground.

Maybe you should watch the game a bit closer, and you won't get infatuated with mediocre players.
Once again proving you're clueless. Compared to the Crows Port have great ruck depth, we effectively have none at this point and it will become even more dire if it's not attended to this upcoming trade/draft

LOL we're talking AFL depth not SANFL depth.

Once again proving you're clueless. Compared to the Crows Port have great ruck depth, we effectively have none at this point and it will become even more dire if it's not attended to this upcoming trade/draft
You think Harry Boyd would be AFL-capable? Clearly the SANFL numbers he's putting up are excellent but the lack of 200cm+ height worries me

You think Harry Boyd would be AFL-capable? Clearly the SANFL numbers he's putting up are excellent but the lack of 200cm+ height worries me
Possibly, has the strength and endurance that Strachan lacks and he's certainly combative.

And the new AFL ruck rules would favour him

I'm talking strictly AFL back up, we really need to either trade in a younger experienced ruck or at least draft one woth a later pick.

Can we pull Max Knobel out of Freo? Obviously Darcy/Jackson are there still and Reidy sounds like he's getting another contract
Haven't really kept tabs on him since his Gippy Power/VC days, how's his endurance these days? Played ruck or stay at home forward back then?

Haven't really kept tabs on him since his Gippy Power/VC days, how's his endurance these days? Played ruck or stay at home forward back then?
Has seemingly played a mix of senior/reserves WAFL due to Reidy being there. Averaged 40 hitouts and 12 touches in his 4 senior WAFL games this year

LOL we're talking AFL depth not SANFL depth.
They were AFL stats I was quoting.

I agree that Strachan isn't a viable AFL backup.

But his stats in the AFL are better than both Soldo and Visintini, and his SANFL stats are (obviously) VASTLY better.

There's no reason to think Soldo offers anything particularly better than Strachan. He gets a few more hitouts (while getting 20% more time on ground) but somehow does worse in almost every other measurable way.

Visintini is a who knows - he's going at 3 or so kicks a game, so he's a long way off, but maybe?

In any event, there's nothing there to be envious of.

Can we pull Max Knobel out of Freo? Obviously Darcy/Jackson are there still and Reidy sounds like he's getting another contract
Nick Bryan seems the one to go for - Essendon won't love the offer coming in, but his management surely want him to be getting senior opportunities.

Maybe they won't think that's any better with us than it is with Essendon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nick Bryan seems the one to go for - Essendon won't love the offer coming in, but his management surely want him to be getting senior opportunities.

Maybe they won't think that's any better with us than it is with Essendon.
Hitout numbers in the ones are low this year, but I’m guessing that’s because he’s been playing with one of either Goldy or Draper?

I’m guessing if you’re going to pull him out of there, it’d have to be this year before Draper has a chance of leaving the Bombers? I have a weird feeling they’ll start to preference Bryan over Draper in the next year or two

Hitout numbers in the ones are low this year, but I’m guessing that’s because he’s been playing with one of either Goldy or Draper?

I’m guessing if you’re going to pull him out of there, it’d have to be this year before Draper has a chance of leaving the Bombers? I have a weird feeling they’ll start to preference Bryan over Draper in the next year or two
You might be right - his management may feel he's better staying than coming to us.

OH, really?

We will take a travelling emergency to Sydney so we will have only 10 topups.

Chance of winning, zero point zero. The only benefit will be Josh having a run on Unley Oval. I predict the free kicks will be evened up late to 25 to them, 12 to us. Receiving the usual abuse from the very cultured Unley crowd is great incentive to never get dropped again. This will be Josh’s second SANFL game.

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds 2024 Adelaide Crows SANFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back