2nds 2024 Adelaide Crows SANFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

After the way Modra was treated by the club at the end, there's no surprise that the 6 guernsey is tarnished, and every player who wears it is cursed.
We either retire giving out #6 or we take it to a witch doctor to remove the spell that's on it.
Two knee injuries, missing the two GFs is part of the curse as well.

Greatest player of the 90s era, not a Premiership player.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Bond in the listed best players the last couple of weeks with average looking stats.

Anyone at the games able to offer any insights? Did he do a decent shutdown job on someone?
I was wondering that as well. Should be playing on ball though not in defense. The kid is a midfielder, just like Pedlar, Taylor, Edwards and Dowling

But it's best we don't play them there and have a defender play midfield badly (Laird)

I was wondering that as well. Should be playing on ball though not in defense. The kid is a midfielder, just like Pedlar, Taylor, Edwards and Dowling

But it's best we don't play them there and have a defender play midfield badly (Laird)
Bit hard to get amazing stats playing in the back pocket minding the oppo's dangerous forwards.

His form drop off started pretty much the same time Worrell got injured. Those two work well together.
Worrell is arguably our most important defender.

https://www.afc.com.au/news/1573790/sanfl

Interesting best players, as usual.. Agree with Murray, Taylor and Rob being in there. Pedlar had plenty of the ball, but had some terrible disposals. McHenry... clearly should not have made the best players. Bond was a bit of a surprise. Edwards may have been worthy.
Just seen this story, can I just point out what utter bullshit Godden has said here just to try and appease some fans and rewrite history because hardly anyone pays attention to Crows SANFL games;

“Peds played on ball today, he hasn’t played full time on ball before, so today I thought was a really good step up for him."

Pedlar has definitely played games as a full-time midfielder before at SANFL level even before his AFL debut & Godden was of course his coach in those games, he just hasn’t been played there this season.

Recall vividly him playing as a full-time on-baller against Sturt at Unley Oval and becoming an instant favourite of mine after he tried to fight at least half a dozen Sturt players during the game.

Last edited:
Just seen this story, can I just point out what utter bullshit Godden has said here just to try and appease some fans and rewrite history because hardly anyone pays attention to Crows SANFL games;

“Peds played on ball today, he hasn’t played full time on ball before, so today I thought was a really good step up for him."

Pedlar has definitely played games as a full-time midfielder before at SANFL level even before his AFL debut & Godden was of course his coach in those games, he just hasn’t been played there this season.

Recall vividly him playing as a full-time on-baller against Sturt at Unley Oval and becoming an instant favourite of mine after he tried to fight at least half a dozen Sturt players during the game.
And if he hasn't played games as a full-time mid before - what are we doing!?!

I think it was that game against Sydney last year (the goal umpire one) where Pedlar was shifted into the middle in the last half/quarter and got things going for us. Even if his kick isn't accurate, if he gets the ball in the centre, he at least has the ability to break away with speed and pound the ball to a spot 30m out, instead of the usual Crouch/Laird kicks that reach about 60m.

And if he hasn't played games as a full-time mid before - what are we doing!?!
Yeah what an absolute schemozzle.

Midfielder picked in the first round gets his first game as a mid in Year 4

Yay club, go development

And Godden using it as a positive just shows how clueless we are

Yeah what an absolute schemozzle.

Midfielder picked in the first round gets his first game as a mid in Year 4

Yay club, go development

And Godden using it as a positive just shows how clueless we are
Yeah, that's ****ed.

It's bewildering that a lot of our supporters still defend these people.

He might have played mid and got plenty of it but his kicking and composure with ball in hand were very poor. To my knowledge the Snaffle doesn't supply KE% stats but my eyes tell me it would be diabolical. If he could tidy that up he would be a real weapon if he could stay on the park.

It's difficult because unlike Murphy or McHenry, he actually did have some decent foot and handskills to start with... that game in 2020 seeing him against Geelong at AO when in the last half he went head on head with Danger and he did really well, it is hard to let go of.

He's in the same basket as Jones, who looked decent (if not spectacular) his first two years, but went backward with Nicks as coach and Godden as SANFL coach preaching this defensive look at your opponent before the ball crap.

I just hope (probably in vain) these kids get a better coaching group and blossom. The alternative is too horrible to stomach.
Shoey is a natural fumbler. I doubt he’s worth persisting with.

A couple more learning quotes from the master

“Zac is coming along really nicely, he is playing a little bit of forward and mid, and today I thought he was very clean over the footy,” Godden said.

“He is learning AFL traits and every week he shows those traits more and more, so we are pleased with his development.

Charlie is a mid who hits the scoreboard,” Godden said.

“He’s still learning, he’s got a fair bit to learn around the footy, but this is his first year and he shows enough to be excited about."

It's lucky these kids are in such good hands.
Maybe in their 5th year they may have learnt enough to get a game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

“Zac is coming along really nicely, he is playing a little bit of forward and mid, and today I thought he was very clean over the footy,” Godden said.

“He is learning AFL traits and every week he shows those traits more and more, so we are pleased with his development.

“He’s still learning, he’s got a fair bit to learn around the footy, but this is his first year and he shows enough to be excited about."

Learning AFL traits every week.

Why wasn't McHenry required to learn any AFL traits.

How would Godden recognise AFL traits?

How would Godden recognise AFL traits?
He and Nicks have got no idea what traits are needed for AFL,
Otherwise they would drop guys who have had plenty of games but still don't have the skill and decision making to cut in the AFL
That these traits are so low on their required list to play footy is dumbfounding

This is exactly why Godden needs to be disposed off ASAP. He simply doesn't get it at all. Spouts garbage like this every time he opens his big mouth. Clueless.:mad:

Blind Freddy can tell that Taylor is the kind of player that would go to another level the moment he steps onto an AFL field.

Has more ‘AFL traits’ in his pinky than Ned, Chayce, Shoey, Keays and Murphy combined.
Not sure why you lumped Schoey in there, he absolutely has AFL traits. Goal kicking midfielder with genuine burst speed from stoppages, whether we ever get to see that consistently is another story.

Nope, that is Nick Murray. Will be the leader of our defense for a decade. Don’t think he finishes his career without at least one AA.
Both will be important, but imo Worrell is a classier player.

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds 2024 Adelaide Crows SANFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back