2nds 2024 Adelaide Crows SANFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it money they can afford to lose though?
I don't believe PA pays anything. The AFC was paying a per diem type payment once. I saw nothing in the SANFL annual statement that suggested there was money coming in from the 2 clubs. It may have been buried in there somewhere.

I don't believe PA pays anything. The AFC was paying a per diem type payment once. I saw nothing in the SANFL annual statement that suggested there was money coming in from the 2 clubs. It may have been buried in there somewhere.
Aren’t they half the sma so would get a portion from afl games at AO?

They don't need the Crows and Power in the SANFL. They don't add anything to the SANFL. That is BS.

I love my Crows, but I also still love the SANFL comp.
Yeah, but you're not recognising DABM's point.

The Crows and Power leaving will be because there's a better second tier choice. It would be a national reserves comp, and none of the clubs will be bound by the artificial throttles that the SANFL currently place.

Players who genuinely feel they have potential for the biggest level will go to be part of that reserves comp, and the SANFL will become third tier.

A national reserves competition would mean the SANFL becomes 3rd tier, rather than 2nd tier

Why would any AFL club agree to a 21 year old maximum on top ups? Surely they'd snap up any AFL delistees just for starters. The payment restrictions for top ups also disappear.

And why would any player choose to play in a 3rd tier competition when they could play in the 2nd tier and train with an AFL club?

The SANFL would destroy itself by turfing the AFL teams imho. Would becomes a Coates U18 League equivalent, except with Old Scholars teams running around.
Because it’s just Reserves. The result of winning and losing doesn’t matter. It is all about development. If everyone has equal rules, it’s fair.

It would also not kill off the state leagues in terms of relevance as an AFL pathway.

Each club gets $50k per year from the Crows. Nothing from the Power because they gave up their 1/9th stake in the SANFL when they merged with the Power.

The SANFL also make money from the SMA (half ownership with SACA) which includes Crows and Power games, concerts, hotel etc.

IMO ideally there is a system in place where the SANFL clubs are working with Adelaide and Port in the development of players, but not playing against Adelaide and Port in the same competition.

2nd choice the SANFL goes it alone.

Last choice the status quo.

Each club gets $50k per year from the Crows. Nothing from the Power because they gave up their 1/9th stake in the SANFL when they merged with the Power.

The SANFL also make money from the SMA (half ownership with SACA) which includes Crows and Power games, concerts, hotel etc.

IMO ideally there is a system in place where the SANFL clubs are working with Adelaide and Port in the development of players, but not playing against Adelaide and Port in the same competition.

2nd choice the SANFL goes it alone.

Last choice the status quo.
So I’m guessing whatever port or the crows do, the sanfl will always get money from their games at AO?

IIRC Adelaide pay a license fee to the SANFL of about $400k per season which is about $50k per club, Port pay nothing as they gave up any returns from the sale of FP. I would guess that the difference in return from this sake and what Port has saved has passed equality and they should probably start to pay also…especially if they want to continue to bitch and whine…for that they can pay a bitch tax.
**** them.

Of course you can, everyone wants to see their up and coming talent performing well. As I highlighted specifically in the post you quoted.

Winning? Meh. If we cared about winning the reserves we would have kept Pat Wilson and James Battersby. We didn't, because we don't. And nor should we

We did say last year that a winning SANFL side proved that our rebuild was on track. Haven't heard too much about it this year though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why is it rented and set up and pulled down?
Pretty obvious I’d assume.
There is no perimeter fence to control who enters etc so one has to be erected and I would assume the council and residents would demand that it’s not left up for an entire season hence needs to be removed each time.

Pretty obvious I’d assume.
There is no perimeter fence to control who enters etc so one has to be erected and I would assume the council and residents would demand that it’s not left up for an entire season hence needs to be removed each time.

That's pretty stupid. Just erect a fence with a gate or 2. Gates can be locked or unlocked, it's not rocket science.

That's pretty stupid. Just erect a fence with a gate or 2. Gates can be locked or unlocked, it's not rocket science.
All permanent structures must have council approval. So it has to go out for public comment and a quite a few locals like their current green/parlands setting without a fence spoiling their veiw or the like.

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds 2024 Adelaide Crows SANFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back