2nds 2024 Adelaide Crows SANFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Not going to watch any more of this one with the AFL match starting soon. Quick thoughts on players

Worrell - miles ahead of this level and should be playing AFL this week, probably instead of Himmelberg

Edwards - promising, a bit to work with, but needs another pre-season

T. Murray - not far off being our #1 forward backup, plenty to work with, especially liked his marking ability

Ryan - been a step off the pace today, hasn't had much impact

Strachan - glacially slow, I can walk faster than he's been running

Burgess - not willing to write him off yet as a depth player, he's still a good, consistent goal kicker at this level which can't be said for many of our depth forwards over the years

Schoenberg - needs an immense pre-season, which is putting it kindly

Hamill - ready to go depth

Gollant - doesn't look like a defender to me

McHenry - awful, makes the same mistakes at SANFL level with his decision making that he does at AFL level

Gallagher - needs a lot of work to make it

So he's 11% behind Dowling in disposals and 16% behind in clearances. Not sure that's a big difference?

In a game where there are only small differences between the best and worst in a position, +10% drops are pretty significant.

Heck, Rory Laird wouldn't be seen as a whipping boy right now if his output didn't drop by 10% this year.

In a game where there are only small differences between the best and worst in a position, +10% drops are pretty significant.

Heck, Rory Laird wouldn't be seen as a whipping boy right now if his output didn't drop by 10% this year.

Good news! Rory Laird is averaging more disposals this year than his career average

So in 3 games he’s been sub or subbed.

There goes the theory they wanted to see more from him as a midfielder in the SANFL, they purely didn’t seem him as best 23 and clearly that’s the priority in a dead season.

Nicks is a ****wit.
Guess who gets dropped when Smith comes back. :think:

Should of, sure, but the knee injury did him in at the start of the year and put him in the seconds rat race. Once you're there, you need to be either knocking the door off the hinges for your position to force your way in, or you're waiting for an opportunity to present itself via injuries/suspension/losing streak.

Really, 21 disposals/4.5 clearances doesn't quite cut the mustard to get a game. Now, if Curtin hit a 26+ disposal game this week, it might have done the job. That said, Curtin has a better shot of retaining a best 22 spot from the sub role. A good quarter can do wonders, see Zac Taylor.
Checks Chayce Jones stats from last 2 weeks; 21 disposals 4 clearances against Norwood and 15 disposals 1 clearance against North.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unless Tex was asking for ridiculous money or 2 years, you'd think he'd already be extended by now. I don't think him getting another year is as certain as it was a couple of months ago. And the on field leadership angle is way overcooked, I doubt it will get a contract across the line if his expected 2025 fitness/performance doesn't warrant one on their own.
I think they're just waiting to see how he can run out the year, which is smart. Who knows how he's gonna hold up for the rest of the year, especially with a crook back. At this point it's a matter of when that'll keep him out, not if next year.

Well after that win a huge chance to make finals. Sanfl has a bye next week then we’ve got two curtain raisers. One against West then Port to finish. As our AFL side won’t play it comes down to the qualifying rules of our players
More than 50% of Sanfl season and 3 sanfl games after round 9.

Well after that win a huge chance to make finals. Sanfl has a bye next week then we’ve got two curtain raisers. One against West then Port to finish. As our AFL side won’t play it comes down to the qualifying rules of our players
More than 50% of Sanfl season and 3 sanfl games after round 9.
Port to finish?
Play Sturt last round

Why is there no game this weekend??

The week off at this time of the season is a lingering legacy from COVID, where it was built in as a contingency if the season was briefly disrupted (as it was in 2021).

It seems silly now to have it - especially as it's now the 4th bye clubs have had this season (Gather Round, State Game, mid-season byes, and this weekend)

The week off at this time of the season is a lingering legacy from COVID, where it was built in as a contingency if the season was briefly disrupted (as it was in 2021).

It seems silly now to have it - especially as it's now the 4th bye clubs have had this season (Gather Round, State Game, mid-season byes, and this weekend)
And to still fall in line with the AFL that all State finals are played on AFL preliminary final week.
Funny that one of the arguments to include the reserves teams was to get rid of the bye…..🙄

I guess im the only one who cares however

With 3 games to go there are Eagles, North, Adelaide and West all going for the 5th position in the finals.

Currently
Eagles are on 14 points with a % of 53.63%
North are on 12 points with a % of 48%
Crows are also on 12 points with % of 46.41%
West on 10 points with % of 45.6%

Matches to come
Eagles Play Port, South and Norwood = I give them a win against SOuth and a lost to Port and Norwood lol.
North Play Glenelg, Norwood, West = I give them one win against West
Crows Play West, Port and Sturt. - I give them 2 wins. Probably loss to Sturt
West Play Crows, Sturt and North = No wins

So final ladder would be

Norwood = 30Points
Sturt = 30 points
Glenelg = 26 Points
Centrals = 22 Points
Eagles = 16 Points
Adelaide = 16 Points
North = 14 Points

So that puts us equal with Eagles unless we jag a win against Sturt.

Qualified players
Dan Curtin
Charlie Edwards
Chris Burgess
Oscar Ryan
Ned Mchenry (will qualify once playing one more game)
harry Schoenberg
James borlase
Karl Gallagher
Toby Murray
Hugh Bond
Lachlan Gollant
Kieran Strachan

Jay Boyle
Tate Coleman
Jack Madgen
Austim McDonald
Jay O'Leary
Jarman Sigal
Hugh Haysman
Harry Boyle
Darcy Clifford
Tyler Welsh
Stephen Tahana
Lachlan Thomas
Josh Smithson
Sam Daniele
Dylan Whimpress

I guess im the only one who cares however

With 3 games to go there are Eagles, North, Adelaide and West all going for the 5th position in the finals.

Currently
Eagles are on 14 points with a % of 53.63%
North are on 12 points with a % of 48%
Crows are also on 12 points with % of 46.41%
West on 10 points with % of 45.6%

Matches to come
Eagles Play Port, South and Norwood = I give them a win against SOuth and a lost to Port and Norwood lol.
North Play Glenelg, Norwood, West = I give them one win against West
Crows Play West, Port and Sturt. - I give them 2 wins. Probably loss to Sturt
West Play Crows, Sturt and North = No wins

So final ladder would be

Norwood = 30Points
Sturt = 30 points
Glenelg = 26 Points
Centrals = 22 Points
Eagles = 16 Points
Adelaide = 16 Points
North = 14 Points

So that puts us equal with Eagles unless we jag a win against Sturt.

Qualified players
Dan Curtin
Charlie Edwards
Chris Burgess
Oscar Ryan
Ned Mchenry (will qualify once playing one more game)
harry Schoenberg
James borlase
Karl Gallagher
Toby Murray
Hugh Bond
Lachlan Gollant
Kieran Strachan

Jay Boyle
Tate Coleman
Jack Madgen
Austim McDonald
Jay O'Leary
Jarman Sigal
Hugh Haysman
Harry Boyle
Darcy Clifford
Tyler Welsh
Stephen Tahana
Lachlan Thomas
Josh Smithson
Sam Daniele
Dylan Whimpress
That’s pretty well my assessment of the ladder, Adelaide to miss out by percentage but a better chance of making finals than North

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds 2024 Adelaide Crows SANFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back