2nds 2024 Adelaide Crows SANFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I see that the power have started signing up players for next year for SANFL side

Jez McLennan first. Also rumours that they are into Voss from Sturt, Ryan from West and Gould Glenelg

I wonder who we will target.

One rumour I heard on another forum was that we offered Jarryd Lyons marquee spot but he turned it down. Think he wants to play with his brother at bays

Any news from anyone here

I see that the power have started signing up players for next year for SANFL side

Jez McLennan first. Also rumours that they are into Voss from Sturt, Ryan from West and Gould Glenelg

One rumour I heard on another forum was that we offered Jarryd Lyons marquee spot but he turned it down. Think he wants to play with his brother at bays

“I think we’ll be coming back to Adelaide which will be nice,” Lyons said on SEN SA Breakfast.

“A possible return to Glenelg to play with my brother might be on the cards.

“There is a lure of playing with my brother who was here (in Brisbane) for four years and we never actually got to play together.
Lyons revealed that he sought out some coaching work at both Port Adelaide and the Crows but the South Australian clubs were unable to facilitate because of the timing.

“I spoke to Port and Adelaide but there wasn’t exactly any sort of AFL roles,” he added.

“They’d been finished for so long before the Grand Final came along that they’d appointed a few people in those areas.”

They also got the NM VFL captain (name escapes me) - will trial as an SSP player, then play for ressies if unsuccessful

Can only hope not.

Mitch Crowden back to Sturt, nearly won the Sandover this year.
So Close Collider Video GIF by Movie Trivia Schmoedown

The concern for me is an AFL club has more possibilities to hide payments or fudge payments to these players….”oh Casey also has a junior development role at Port”.
Does the running of their reserves team come under their soft cap?

The concern for me is an AFL club has more possibilities to hide payments or fudge payments to these players….”oh Casey also has a junior development role at Port”.
Does the running of their reserves team come under their soft cap?
So Norths president Burton who was on the steering committee said Port and the Crows had less of a cap than the SANFL teams so they’d only be able to afford 2-3 players. Let’s see if this is the reality.

So Norths president Burton who was on the steering committee said Port and the Crows had less of a cap than the SANFL teams so they’d only be able to afford 2-3 players. Let’s see if this is the reality.
Less of a cap? While half of their players are outside of the cap each getting paid more than the total cap of one SANFL club!
The media really have to stop the AFL clubs driving the rhetoric of these issues, they are absolute bitches to the AFL narrative

Less of a cap? While half of their players are outside of the cap each getting paid more than the total cap of one SANFL club!
The media really have to stop the AFL clubs driving the rhetoric of these issues, they are absolute bitches to the AFL narrative
You’re reading it wrong. Rowey had a crack at Burton for being on the steering committee and agreeing to these changes. Burton justified it by making the cap excuse. Rowey mocked that explanation after Port pinched McLennen

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who wants to bet that while the SANFL were discussing the possible changes, Port were already making offers (I know they approached Matt Allen well before any changes were confirmed), while we waited until the SANFL made it official. I'd bet we haven't even started thinking about it yet.

Who wants to bet that while the SANFL were discussing the possible changes, Port were already making offers (I know they approached Matt Allen well before any changes were confirmed), while we waited until the SANFL made it official. I'd bet we haven't even started thinking about it yet.
My thoughts exactly…Port 101

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds 2024 Adelaide Crows SANFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back