2nds 2024 Adelaide Crows SANFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Not the way it was viewed by him.

He wanted to stay. He was offered a 'FU' contract that was less than his existing contract. It was made very clear they didn't want him.
Again, not being paid what you want isn't necessarily being treated badly.

I've never heard anything from Lyons about being unhappy. That's just football.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lyons said in an interview he approached us and some other clubs about coaching but the appropriate possible roles had been filled.
I would've thought Lyons would be an upgrade on Andrew McPherson as a development coach.

Nothing against the kid but surely if there was an option to get Lyons we could've moved McPherson into another role at the club.

I think it was a timing thing - the coaches association say you have to let people know quite early, and that sounds like it was before Lyons started asking the question.

I would have thought becoming a coach in the system would be more networking and headhunting than simple approach. Obviously the exception is some clubs create positions for their own ex players to fill if they want them around the club.

As for Lyons id say he would be best to find a Sanfl club to coach at and work his way into the industry.

I would've thought Lyons would be an upgrade on Andrew McPherson as a development coach.

Nothing against the kid but surely if there was an option to get Lyons we could've moved McPherson into another role at the club.

You have literally just smashed McPherson for literally no reason than a blind assumption.

You have literally just smashed McPherson for literally no reason than a blind assumption.
Nothing personal, I literally said "nothing against the kid", I'm aware he is by all reports a cracking bloke...

My point is more if we're trying to beef up our coaching panel with more support - which we've been on record as stating - I would've thought if a 200-game AFL player has (allegedly) approached us, we'd be trying to find a way to fit him in.

Nothing personal, I literally said "nothing against the kid", I'm aware he is by all reports a cracking bloke...

My point is more if we're trying to beef up our coaching panel with more support - which we've been on record as stating - I would've thought if a 200-game AFL player has (allegedly) approached us, we'd be trying to find a way to fit him in.

But the logic you used is equating a player with games experience as an automatic better coach than someone with less games experience. By that logic you could have said Lyons should replace Fagan at Brisbane as his games experience will be telling.

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds 2024 Adelaide Crows SANFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back