Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

OK.

Nobody envisioned Kennedy doing any of that either, nor Finn right now.
Rather the point is that Finn is likely to go onto become a very good player that we wished stayed at Hawthorn, much like Kennedy.
That really isn't all that likely

OK.

Nobody envisioned Kennedy doing any of that either, nor Finn right now.
Rather the point is that Finn is likely to go onto become a very good player that we wished stayed at Hawthorn, much like Kennedy.
Probably closer to Ben McGlynn, and even then im not sure he’s got close to 200 games in him.

So Battle and Barras are over the line, does that mean Perryman to Port?, are we in 2nd place for Bailey Smith behind the Cats? Interesting trade period and how will we manage all these trades with the assets we have?

Trade Maginness to Sydney for a 2nd round pick?, Reeves for a 2nd round pick?

Last edited:
Honestly, if petracca is gettable, then he should become number one priority!! Send out the feelers Hawks!! Two firsts plus Ward!?
Why would a contracted player like Ward (life long Hawk supporter) agree to be traded to a rabble like Melbourne who would be even worse if trading out Petracca? Sounds like Dan Houston has changed his mind on asking for a trade to Melbourne.

If he get's his body right then the dude could end up being the final piece to the puzzle
Mitch Lewis - 2025

1. Finish re-hab (ACL). The year off helps clean up his knee, back / hamstring niggles.

2. 4-6 games in July/August.

3. Tear Finals apart.

I love how quickly they became a rabble again. It all stems from ignoring their former president’s completely reasonable concerns, which were proven correct, just because they were winning.
I liked it when we ignored Bradkli completely reasonable concerns & "papered over the cracks" by threepeating! :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Dogs board yesterday. Please delete if not allowed, interesting nonetheless.

Bailey Smith's management are only dealing with Hawthorn.
Apparently its not an issue of money, just wants to get there.
Geelong has never really been on the cards so I don't know where these d1ckheads in the media are getting their info from but it's way off.
My info came from close relatives of his girlfriend and a player manager.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dogs board yesterday. Please delete if not allowed, interesting nonetheless.
Its Happening Ron Paul GIF

But in all seriousness, I’ve still had a gut feeling it’s us for a while, which doesn’t bode well for us actually getting Baz.

Agree. I rate him highly and it worried me that hes slipped back into the VFL and isnt even getting names in the extended squad. Would be upset if we lost him.
He's doing great at VFL but this year in the AFL he's been a bit shaky with ball in hand and not getting it enough. Last year he showed some great defensive work and his run and kicking was great. He's doing that in the VFL again but needs a bit more composure to get back into the side. The plan was for him to hold down Hardwicks spot so Dimma could play forward. That being said, I don't think Hardwick gets in the forward line, Moore, Macdonald, Ginnivan and Watson doing so well right now.

There have been rumours in the past about Goody indulging with the players which he has strongly denied. Good luck cracking the whip now if any of that stuff was true.
Unless i walked into he and Steven May using the one cubicle together at Hotel Sorrento in November 2021 to save water I’d say he’s indulged plenty of times with players.

Mitch Lewis - 2025

1. Finish re-hab (ACL). The year off helps clean up his knee, back / hamstring niggles.

2. 4-6 games in July/August.

3. Tear Finals apart.
It's really hard to have any sort of impact after not playing for essentially 2 seasons. I'm sure he'll play some games later in 2025 but really to give him his best shot he needs to ensure he has a full pre-season leading into 2026 so that he can then be part key part of the last 5 of our 7-peat.

The ‘only dealing with Hawthorn’ bit is untrue. What Smith is actually thinking remains to be seen. But that line is false, unless a decision has been made very recently and it means only dealing with Hawthorn from now on.

Maybe Baz wasn’t happy with the upstairs bedroom at the cotton on factory they have offered him.

The people questioning Finns ability should watch some of this seasons VFL replays.

Finn, along with Harry and Ramma have elevated their game to another level.

Finn and Harry would be locks for best 22 in 14-16 other AFL teams right now.

They are both playing career best footy and are desperately unlucky that they have such good players ahead of them - although Harry for me, now owns that wing spot at AFL level after his game against Carlton.

As far as trade options go - Seamus, Josh Ward, CJ, Harry, Henry H and Ned are the ones with currency.

DGB Chad and Stephens get cut with no suitors IMHO.

As far as 'upsetting the team' if certain players get traded - please....it's 2024 and the guys can catch up anytime they want over a myriad of mediums. Nobody will be throwing toys out the pram if a mate gets traded.

The team are way more professional that that.

The people questioning Finns ability should watch some of this seasons VFL replays.

They are both playing career best footy and are desperately unlucky that they have such good players ahead of them - although Harry for me, now owns that wing spot at AFL level after his game against Carlton.

As far as trade options go - Seamus, Josh Ward, CJ, Harry, Henry H and Ned are the ones with currency.

As far as 'upsetting the team' if certain players get traded - please....it's 2024 and the guys can catch up anytime they want over a myriad of mediums. Nobody will be throwing toys out the pram if a mate gets traded.

Yeah pumper we would definitely trade CJ after he just extended for 3 years FMD

Your hate of him is pathetic

CJ signs three year deal yesterday

"trade option"

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back