Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I just did. Those comments are few and far between. Feel free to bump all the ones you can find but I think you’ll find that one game of his has created all this clucking in the chook shed.
There’s been a bit of media buzz about his contract this week and speculation on the Gettable podcast that we the Hawks are into him. That’s why the increased chat.

No, purely because our ruck depth is very shallow without Reeves unfortunately.
If we were to get a decent ruck backup as well then I'd be very happy.

Ward and Reeves on the table?

Could well be - with Ramsden & Chol we have surplus ruck stocks, there'd have to be a number of clubs enquiring you'd think.
Ward is v much a work in progress for Mitch, he gets a couple of games, does ok then has a quiet one and gets dropped again. This pattern been happening a bit. Jury still out for me but if a decent offer was made you'd think they'd consider it.
What I got told today leads me to think that Reeves will be on the trade table as he could unlock a second rounder or used in player trades

This suggests the club is confident that Ramsden and/or Tucker will be ready next season for ruck back-up duties with another pre season.

I understand the Hawks have supposedly committed to a Cat B 200+ cm ruckman that has trained with the club over the past 12 months. He is an ex basketballer.

The excited father may have been told to remove his social media post congratulating his son.👍

But you said he was mentioned a lot. If he was you’re welcome to show proof of that.

Between this and your stance on whether or not Hawks can make the finals after the loss to GWS...

Well that was painful. Season over in a quarter. We were never going to win the flag but the disappointing thing is that it’s made our final three games dead rubbers. Next week was set up to be a huge game but there truth is we can’t make finals now. It’s mathematically possible but it would involve Carlton losing to west coast and stkilda which ain’t going to happen.

It’s not though. We can win our remaining three games by 100pts and the likelihood is that we won’t make it.

Do the ladder predictor. It’s over.

...what is sure is that you are either a fierce denier of reality or a troll:

28/3
I wouldn't mind the Hawks having a crack at Mac Andrew.
Only 20, 202cm key defender with all the natural talent in the world...
30/3
Mac Andrew would be a great get...
6/4
Mac Andrew had a career best game today. Surely he’s one we’d be looking at. I did notice he follows a heap of hawks players on instagram 👀
17/5
All in on Mac Andrew, Hardwick isn’t an idiot though so I don’t see that ever happening now
17/5
I reckon Mac is out of our reach at this point- would absolutely give up our first and then some for him- picks 8/9 coming back our way would be incredible
18/5
Love Mac Andrew. Wanted him to get to us in his draft year and he’s just scratching the surface. As others have said, I’d reckon he’s well out of reach though.
2/6
My dream would be Mac Andrews and Bailey Smith, would round this list off perfectly.
13/6
Genuine question - how do you propose we get Mac both from a cost and opportunity perspective?

Prior to the season starting I would agree, but now he is firmly entrenched into their side and would command at least a high first round pick?
25/6
A player I would love to try to get would be Mac Andrew from Gold Coast. Think he is out of contract next year though. Would probably cost a lot in trying to get him as well.
21/7
Mac Andrew would be the dream I reckon
26/7
... Mac Andrew might be one to see if we can get as has been mentioned. With cap room we have plus footy we are playing something will happen

And there were more than this.

Last edited:
Mac Andrew at ff would be an upgrade on Lewis with the option of playing in defence. Also could put Lewis on the table for a trade.

Unlikely to happen this year but it’s a dream.
Yes Mitch has had a bad injury history. But he’s not a ****ing spud.

I tell my son “Kick it like Mitchy Lewis does”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ned Reeves on the trade table seems obvious. I voiced my concerns at the start of the season that his poor fitness levels were a serious liability to our team. I watched him closely and saw opponents motoring away from him to provide an option in general play.

Our game style requires hard running players across the field to provide attacking options, or coverage down back. Reeves just isn't a good fit in my opinion.

Finding a suitable trade could be a win/win for both Reeves and Hawthorn. Just my 2 cents.

Yes Mitch has had a bad injury history. But he’s not a ****ing spud.

I tell my son “Kick it like Mitchy Lewis does”

I would not even contemplate a Lewis trade if he was able to stay on the park.
Elite contested mark, good kick, great character. and competitor.
But it's been 7-8 seasons already.

I would not even contemplate a Lewis trade if he was able to stay on the park.
Elite contested mark, good kick, great character. and competitor.
But it's been 7-8 seasons already.
i guess I’m just more optimistic than most that it’s not too late for him to have a good run.

I would make an absolutely terrible list manager

Seamus Mitchell could be our D’Ambrosio.

Smart clubs should be circling bc he would be cheap.

I hope we keep him. His best is very valuable and he’d be perfect to step up if something happened to Impey or Amon.
Agree. I rate him highly and it worried me that hes slipped back into the VFL and isnt even getting names in the extended squad. Would be upset if we lost him.

Golden rule of trading. Never buy during a surge!

He was mentioned 44 times by 15 people up until he kicked the goal after the siren and then 29 times after the weekend.
I think you'll find that a fair few of those comments were that the chances of us getting him would be very slim. My mentality on the conversation around it was yeah would love to have him but the Suns won't let him go and would ask for the world. The kid definitely has all the tools to be a game changer.

I have a suspicion ( gut feel ) that the conversation between us and Barass is along the lines of “ we will do everything we can to get you across but there is limit to how much we will pay draft wise”

If WCE ask for too much we will walk away ala Peter Ladham when he was leaving PA - that was a great call as Ladham was nowhere near the first rounder that PA wanted and Sydney ended up paying

I have major concerns with his back issues but then again Lake looked shot before he came across to us in 2014 at pretty much the same age. Thing is we didn’t sell the farm for Lake. It was pretty much a second rounder and some loose change

I really hope that we can use our future first for Tom and stay in this years draft. With the pick we will end up with, we could well end up with the next Will Day

Have faith that the recruiting team will do the right thing - MM and his crew have hardly put a foot wrong since coming across
Will pick 18 get someone that good though?

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back