Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

There's no world where Melbourne agree a trade to Geelong, given their first pick this year + next year is expected to be 12-18 and their lack of valuable assets they'd be willing to trade.

Hard to disagree with someone with such a great avatar - and your point is valid but it wouldn't shock me if they were trying their luck. It would be very much a Geelong thing to get an known entity like Petracca. I could be so very wrong but I won't be stunned if they get linked down the line.

Hard to disagree with someone with such a great avatar - and your point is valid but it wouldn't shock me if they were trying their luck. It would be very much a Geelong thing to get an known entity like Petracca. I could be so very wrong but I won't be stunned if they get linked down the line.
I guess you could be right - I haven't accounted for the Cats getting GCS first pick + Anderson for a future fourth.

Just curious mate, was that the exact wording? That can be read a few different ways

1 - need a Cumming like player in return for MG
2 - one of those deals spoken about every year in these forums where a team ups the offer to make sure the team losing a player gets better compensation

It was stated that if we trade for Max - a player to suit GWS needs will be part of it - a defender to replace Cummins.

Jai Serong would make a ton of sense.

Have not heard that one, but we have more than passing interest in Max.

Max confirmed. Thanks Tops.

Wonder if our target was always Isaac Cummins and not Perryman.

It was stated that if we trade for Max - a player to suit GWS needs will be part of it - a defender to replace Cummins.

Jai Serong would make a ton of sense.

Max confirmed. Thanks Tops.

Wonder if our target was always Isaac Cummins and not Perryman.
Okay sorry that makes more sense, when I first read it I thought you meant Hawks were trying to trade for both Cumming and Max

Okay sorry that makes more sense, when I first read it I thought you meant Hawks were trying to trade for both Cumming and Max

If GWS were after someone to Replace
issac Cumming, wouldn't they be more after someone like Seamus Mitchell as they are both the same kind of profile.

As Serong is more a medium defender then what Cumming is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gold Coast makes a bit of sense for Bazlenka tbh. They're a mid short in their rotation. Great list. Primed to launch under a serious coach.
Picks mean nothing to them as well.

They already have - Anderson, Miller, Rowell and Flanders (who can play HBF or forward). Those four plus Smith would be a very handy midfield unit.

They have plenty of picks to burn this year and yet another top academy talent coming through too. They could get any trade done.

This has a "clearing money up" feel to it, Cats are up to something, maybe multiple things. Adding more years to a deal signed earlier in the year surely lowers the per year

Two players nobody wants - they're restructuring salaries

They already have - Anderson, Miller, Rowell and Flanders (who can play HBF or forward). Those four plus Smith would be a very handy midfield unit.

They have plenty of picks to burn this year and yet another top academy talent coming through too. They could get any trade done.
Good luck to him. He's not getting a game in that midfield.

Just looking at Wheelo ratings and some things stick out. We are 3rd best in the comp for opposition I50s. But 8th for points against, and 14th for opposition scores per I50.

We limit opposition scores by keeping the ball out of their forward 50. Get Battle and Barrass in there, shift Weddle upfield and good things happen I reckon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back