Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

It makes sense for the saints to up his price. They can’t match a bid, or do a trade, so the only option they have is to up his contract, in the hope we match, so they get the best compensation they can get. The risk they are taking with this approach, is if Battle agrees to their contract and stays, which then forces them to move on other players or restructure other contracts, to accomodate his new pay, to stay inside the cap. The biggest winner out of this is Battle and his management team.
and we would want Hawthorn doing the same thing if they were in the same position

left field guy who hasnt been mentioned but if they miss on Bailey Smith wonder if they ask about Braeden Campbell who they bid on in the draft.

Mentioned him on Gettable today that he will have interest from teams next year as he seems to be fringe at Swans

left field guy who hasnt been mentioned but if they miss on Bailey Smith wonder if they ask about Braeden Campbell who they bid on in the draft.

Mentioned him on Gettable today that he will have interest from teams next year as he seems to be fringe at Swans
Yea no, he's right along Philips and DBG as failed top ten picks. Would be behind Ward, Finn and Hustwaite.

Hawks have a ton of spare salary to front end the Battle deal massively, freeing up plenty of cash in year 3 and 4 of his contract, just as the Bombers have done with Ben Mckay.

and we would want Hawthorn doing the same thing if they were in the same position
Precisely, you want value for buck. Battle is only doing what most of us would do, negotiate the best deal for himself. The longer he holds off contract talks, the more his personal value goes up. The only risk for battle is if he gets a serious injury, that will devalue his importance.

Precisely, you want value for buck. Battle is only doing what most of us would do, negotiate the best deal for himself. The longer he holds off contract talks, the more his personal value goes up. The only risk for battle is if he gets a serious injury, that will devalue his importance.
Players have to risk injury when joining a new team. They can’t formally move until the contracts can be lodged in October.

The media live for sh&t like this, so if there was any evidence they would off reported it. Rumors are Rumors till there not!
It was common knowledge in Perth that Ben liked the nose candy. But he could do no wrong over there, they love him. However, the ice problem couldn't be kept under wraps due to his erratic behaviour.

That is a myth. Danger accepted a free agent offer and Adelaide were going to match so a trade was done. Danger was filthy Geelong had to weaken their team going forward to get him.
The funny thing is that Geelong would have all but certainly taken Curnow with that pick. So they effectively traded Curnow and some junk picks for Dangerfield.

Yea no, he's right along Philips and DBG as failed top ten picks. Would be behind Ward, Finn and Hustwaite.
The way he plays I think he would suit us. Very good kick of the footy and you just need to look at D'Ambrosio on what we can do with someone like that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From WB board re Smith:

I don't have the same connections anymore at the Dogs, but I do have well-placed contacts at a couple of other clubs, and what I hear from them is contrary to a lot of what is posted here about re-signings. I hear through them that English, Garcia, and even Smith are all expected to sign extensions at the Dogs. Smith is not assured to stay but he is definitely not gone either - he is more likely than not to stay is what I hear (including from a Hawthorn staffer.)

Anyone heard this?

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back