Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The $1 pubs are also a thing. Dangerfield and Tex got one in Adelaide, so the idea that Dangerfield wouldnt have also been interested in something like that from Geelong is simply crazy.

Any club that can do an off-the-books deal will do an off-the-books deal. Im sure we have done similar things. Though likely not to the level of Geelong and Carlton.

Eddie and the Footy Show got Cloke a 6 year Footy Show deal which just happened to match his Collingwood contract. There is no way he would have ever been on TV if not playing for Collingwood. He was a shocker. Apparently it was $100k a year and he was only on a couple of times a year.

Brisbane were furious with Collingwood a while back, as the Pies and Eddy led the charge to remove the salary cap advantages Lions had at the time in the wake of their losses to the Lions in grand finals. But then later the Pies also tried to heavily court Jonathon Brown to their club using very lucrative Channel Nine contracts as a supplement to his playing contract as part of the negotiations, which Brisbane felt reeked of hypocrisy.

They were funny.

Bit of straw clutching there IMO.

A player letting their hair down at the Brownlow is about 175th on the list of worrying behaviour (as long as it isn't Fevola levels).

That sits on the level of 'club should cancel Mad Monday because they didn't have a good season'. The players are humans.

I'm not saying you were campaigning for us to pursue Cam Rayner, but having a jolly old laugh immediately after registering 7 disposals in a bitterly disappointing loss to a bottom 4 side is far more egregious behaviour.
Not when you’re one of a couple of candidates for captaincy given the clubs lack of 24-28 year old leaders.

I have a family member who works at Cotton on.
She often sees Geelong players at the premises.
Pretty sure they are not there to sit at a sewing machine and whip up a floral ensemble
When you get measured up for clothes they get you to put your arms out, so they are doing training......

I would be extremely disappointed if Baz chose the Cats over us if he was a free agent but he’s not. I reckon he chooses the Cats for selfish reasons and I am fine with that. There will be some seriously talented kids still available at our 1st pick and being such an even draft we might just select the best kid in this draft!!

The strange thing is Wells is terrible with first rounders.

The stranger thing is when questioned about Geelong's drafting successes, Scott made a point of saying it was all Wells, and he just focused on coaching them once they arrived - that he only really knows about the top 15 or so players each year and back the recruitment team to find talent.

Maybe the 1t round is Scott, the the rest is Wells?

Are any of them surf beaches?

Who needs a real beach lol I believe this was mentioned earlier somewhere in one of these threads, but there's a SurfnPlay Aquatic Park planned in Dingley just 2km down the road from where Hawthorn will be.

The stranger thing is when questioned about Geelong's drafting successes, Scott made a point of saying it was all Wells, and he just focused on coaching them once they arrived - that he only really knows about the top 15 or so players each year and back the recruitment team to find talent.

Maybe the 1t round is Scott, the the rest is Wells?
To many cooks in the kitchen maybe?

Mornington is 30 minutes away from Dingley. Approximately the same time it takes to get from Geelong to Torquay.

Edit: There are also multiple beaches all the way down to Mornington along the coast.
And also a surf wave park being built next door to Dingley.
Edit, per the post a few spots above!

Are any of them surf beaches?
I’m not sure Baz actually surfs so the relevance could be nil, but yes, there are surf beaches including Rye back beach, Mornington Peninsula, Brighton, Sorrento and even Williamstown and down Phillip Island way if you want to travel a little further.

I’m not sure Baz actually surfs so the relevance could be nil, but yes, there are surf beaches including Rye back beach, Mornington Peninsula, Brighton, Sorrento and even Williamstown and down Phillip Island way if you want to travel a little further.
Can we sticky a post in this thread? Smith does not surf.

Can we sticky a post in this thread? Smith does not surf.
Surf beach at Brighton and Williamstown?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you see the comments by Sam Landsberger?

"The Herald Sun’s Sam Landsberger said the Saints are “really nervous” that if Battle departs, they won’t get Band 1 compensation, which is why they are likely to offer Battle plenty of money, hoping Hawthorn’s offer is in a similar vicinity."

Sounding like its StKilda trying to drive the price up, likely leaking the numbers to reporters to try and force the Hawks to put it up

It is in the "Trade Whispers" article that aggregated Ralph and Landsberger reporting to make it sound like hes on his way
Exactly. This is more to the truth.

Little Wardy would net us at best a pick around 25-30 based on what we have seen so far and that’s why we would not let him go .

I don’t want him to go, they were talking about him on Hawk insiders, that his not playing and may ask for a move.

Was just chatting to someone about Bailey Smith .
This was in Waikiki and the guy had no idea about footy.
But after giving him a brief rundown on AFL , FA and trade with him , his opinion was we most likely were going to get Smith .

Hopefully that might alleave some stress about where he is heading .

I would be extremely disappointed if Baz chose the Cats over us if he was a free agent but he’s not. I reckon he chooses the Cats for selfish reasons and I am fine with that. There will be some seriously talented kids still available at our 1st pick and being such an even draft we might just select the best kid in this draft!!
This is the kind of even draft I’d back McKenzie and co to go to work and find a gun amongst the evenness of the talent…

He very rarely misses all together- DGB being the only one due to how difficult that 2020 draft year was…

Baz would be a bonus but not the end of the world if we miss out…

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back