Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Look, I follow Lana Rhoades and unfortunately that doesn’t mean I’am half a chance. We all just hope by doing so we’re in the running.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott

Honestly, this thread is a bit of a free run to talk about whatever you want to regarding trades, but I’m sorry… when we start going back into thoughts and theories on why we shouldn’t have traded for player X and Y seven years ago for the 581st time I’m just gonna delete it.

Sorry, not sorry..

Don’t you guys get sick of rehashing the same shit over and over and over and over?

Honestly, can you please come over to the Crows board? We have people moaning about things that happened 15 years ago EVERY DAY

It's like groundhog day over there, something something Kurt Tippet, it's all Ricciuto's fault, blame Trigg, something something it all fell apart with the Gibbs trade.

We have 3 x moderators and they're some of the worst culprits. This is elite moderator behaviour.

I drove down 'Perryman Lane' today...

Make of that what you will.
Axeman's returning to do training reports!!!!

If we're all straw clutching.....

As much as Barass would take our backline to another level I will not give up any picks under 10 for him. If our 1st pick is between 10 and 15 we should also exchange 2nd round picks (Thank you Pies) so we move up couple of spots. If our 1st pick is between 15-18 we give that up and quietly move on to other businesses. Barass has an injury history so WCE should respect that. Barass is an elite backman so the Hawks should respect that. The above scenario is fair for both parties.

There's still another scenario that could change the above. If DGB plays some solid football for the rest of the season including couple of crackers in the finals(which Box Hill should play) then the dynamics change as he could genuinely be of interest for WCE to bring in to take up the spot that Barass vacates.

Sidenote: If our 1st pick is between 7-10 I hope we split it.

Collingwood are a huge chance of landing Barrass.
They've been into him from very early on and have been very public in saying they need a ready made replacement for Murphy and have made it clear they have no intention on improving through the draft and there preference is to bring in ready made experience.

There future 1st would be very tempting for West Coast.

From what I remember of the chatter in WA during last years trade period when the swans chased him, Barrass just did not want to leave WA under any circumstances - Eagles and Swans were both very interested in the movement.

I’d be surprised if that’s changed much, and suspect this is being driven by the Eagles to try turbo-charge their rebuild, rather than Barrass himself. So unless Barrass has changed his mind, I can’t see anything happening.

Collingwood are a huge chance of landing Barrass.
They've been into him from very early on and have been very public in saying they need a ready made replacement for Murphy and have made it clear they have no intention on improving through the draft and there preference is to bring in ready made experience.

There future 1st would be very tempting for West Coast.
AFL rules state both club + player need to okay a trade so having a 3 year deal puts where he ends up just as much in his favour as the WC or he stays. If they want to move him then it will be to the club of his choice.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL rules state both club + player need to okay a trade so having a 3 year deal puts where he ends up just as much in his favour as the WC or he stays. If they want to move him then it will be to the club of his choice.
Thats the case even if he isnt in contract, 3 parties need to agree to the trade before AFL can even tick it off, both clubs and the player

Honestly, can you please come over to the Crows board? We have people moaning about things that happened 15 years ago EVERY DAY

It's like groundhog day over there, something something Kurt Tippet, it's all Ricciuto's fault, blame Trigg, something something it all fell apart with the Gibbs trade.

We have 3 x moderators and they're some of the worst culprits. This is elite moderator behaviour.
Hi SYL 😉

Thats the case even if he isnt in contract, 3 parties need to agree to the trade before AFL can even tick it off, both clubs and the player
Yes I understand this but having a long term deal in place gives him a fair amount of leverage. For example if he wants to be traded to Freo (to stay in WA) then they either keep him or they grant his wish. If pushed then he'll end up where he wants to go.

As much as Barass would take our backline to another level I will not give up any picks under 10 for him. If our 1st pick is between 10 and 15 we should also exchange 2nd round picks (Thank you Pies) so we move up couple of spots. If our 1st pick is between 15-18 we give that up and quietly move on to other businesses. Barass has an injury history so WCE should respect that. Barass is an elite backman so the Hawks should respect that. The above scenario is fair for both parties.

There's still another scenario that could change the above. If DGB plays some solid football for the rest of the season including couple of crackers in the finals(which Box Hill should play) then the dynamics change as he could genuinely be of interest for WCE to bring in to take up the spot that Barass vacates.

Sidenote: If our 1st pick is between 7-10 I hope we split it.
Plus Denver could just drop Granger from his name to help smooth it over with the casual Eagles members

Yes I understand this but having a long term deal in place gives him a fair amount of leverage. For example if he wants to be traded to Freo (to stay in WA) then they either keep him or they grant his wish. If pushed then he'll end up where he wants to go.
If he were to leave, Barrass’s preference is likely to come down to firstly cash and secondarily a team likely to be in premiership contention before he finishes his career. Hawks could tick both boxes. I also wouldn’t underestimate how important the group of 6-8 core starting defenders will weigh on his decision if he leaves. He’s very close to the defenders here relative to the rest of the team.

Regardless of his preference the Eagles won’t release him from his contract unless they feel they are gaining more than they are losing which needs to be considered when assessing what a trade realistically looks like. This isn’t an OOC situation where there’s the threat of walking away with unders.

Look, I follow Lana Rhoades and unfortunately that doesn’t mean I’am half a chance. We all just hope by doing so we’re in the running.
What Wtf GIF by avalbano

Small battle update in this article. It’s basically the opposite of what Cleary said last night 🤷🏼‍♂️

‘The Hawks are heavily into St Kilda’s unrestricted free agent Josh Battle.
But Battle has a sizeable offer in front of him from the Saints and confidence is growing at Moorabbin that he will stay put.’

Small battle update in this article. It’s basically the opposite of what Cleary said last night 🤷🏼‍♂️

‘The Hawks are heavily into St Kilda’s unrestricted free agent Josh Battle.
But Battle has a sizeable offer in front of him from the Saints and confidence is growing at Moorabbin that he will stay put.’

Battle will be a hawk

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back