Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Was it Tops that said McCabe could be a key forward? If we were to bring in Battle and Barrass then I’d have him training with the forwards day one of pre season. I want Weddle forward too

Someone else raised the question, but wanted to ask it again, if Baz is locked into Geelong, why was he with Rough watching the Hawks game rather than with his current side playing his supposed new side?

Someone else raised the question, but wanted to ask it again, if Baz is locked into Geelong, why was he with Rough watching the Hawks game rather than with his current side playing his supposed new side?

A lot of smoke and mirrors I feel. We will know for sure in about 10-12 weeks.

Being so close to top 8 and in a better position list wise makes all this speculation more bare able and exciting!

I think he was selling deodorant on the day, no? At the big game at the 'G, at any rate...

Does he have to go watch his new team like he is WAG? Seems weird.

It was a corporate box for a deoderant product - he wasn’t there with Roughie per se, they just happened to be at the same place at the same time.

Due diligence I would think from he and his manager .

He may have seen that we now have decent mid options plus a few who possible will also push through the midfield in the future eg Ginni, Watson.

Hw would have been impressed , but if he wants to be the guy the fit with us won't be there as it will be with Geelong .
There he goes in as number 1 from day 1 ( with Danger easing out and retiring ).

It's why the Cats started pushing hard for him a few months back .

It was a corporate box for a deoderant product - he wasn’t there with Roughie per se, they just happened to be at the same place at the same time.
He was there to promote his new product.

But it's odd that Roughy was there.
Normally the list manager is in the coaches box on gameday.

If Rough new he was going to be at the G promoting a product and coincidentally ended up in the same box is good business, if that’s how it played out.

Ahh, does he have a stake in it? The "selling deodorant" things wasn't sitting with me, but if he's invested, that makes more sense.

Still, you'd think being with his current side would be priority, especially when playing the side you're apparently locked into joining.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty easy answer to that one, he's not the list manager - he's just a member of Mark McKenzie's team. His remit is Trade and Free Agency. Makes sense to me that he would be going to every event possible and spruiking the club for the purposes of attracting players.

Insofar as Bailey Smith goes, he's in almost every piece of marketing material this deodorant has. No brainer he'd be there.

Due diligence I would think from he and his manager .

He may have seen that we now have decent mid options plus a few who possible will also push through the midfield in the future eg Ginni, Watson.

Hw would have been impressed , but if he wants to be the guy the fit with us won't be there as it will be with Geelong .
There he goes in as number 1 from day 1 ( with Danger easing out and retiring ).

It's why the Cats started pushing hard for him a few months back .

Being the Number #1 guy comes with added pressure.- Is he up to it?

The expectations on him will be huge at the Cats.

From what I've seen watching Bailey Smith is that he is a confidence player.
But....
Was he ever tagged ?

Can he cope with a tag ?

These are questions going into the midfield and demanding to be the No 1 you better have answers for.

He was never put in the midfield at the dogs...why?

Frankly doing your apprenticeship in the midfield with one of the best midfielders in the Comp in the last 15 years in Sam Mitchell will teach him the tricks he needs to learn.

It may take him years to reach the level that he THINKS he is at to match it with the elite midfielders in the comp.

Can his confidence sustain it when he is being bashed and crashed and things just aren't working.

He has some interesting decisions to make.

Ahh, does he have a stake in it? The "selling deodorant" things wasn't sitting with me, but if he's invested, that makes more sense.

Still, you'd think being with his current side would be priority, especially when playing the side you're apparently locked into joining.
On the flip side, if you’ve already agreed to joining Geelong and you know it’s what the media are running with 8 weeks before trade period, why not be seen in a corporate box at the Hawthorn game(maybe even tell the Hawk list manager you’ll be there) to confuse people.

The whole thing stinks.
Get Out Theatre GIF by Tony Awards

Hope we don’t go after Barrass, We should always have 1st round talent coming into the club even when we are winning premierships, Something I think we wasted when we were winning premiership.

If we had used our first round each year we could have had a couple of players trying to push into the team then and would be in there prime now, and big players at the moment.

Hope we don’t go after Barrass, We should always have 1st round talent coming into the club even when we are winning premierships, Something I think we wasted when we were winning premiership.

If we had used our first round each year we could have had a couple of players trying to push into the team then and would be in there prime now, and big players at the moment.
First round talent exists in forms other than 18 year old kids

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back