Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Sydney are once again coming hard for Barrass, they could now be the favourites to land him.

If the sibling connection is as strong as suggested I doubt that puts them in the box seat as it would have last year.

When do player movements ever get announced before the season is over?
I feel like we won't know for sure on either player until sometime after R24.

Brad Hill’s preferred trade to Freo was announced mid-late season from memory.

They won't need more picks.

Rioli and Bolton want out . They will get multiple first round picks for these players .
GC will happily give up for Rioli , Freo for Bolton .
Both have plenty of draft collateral to give .

Tigers will have 5 high picks and absolutely no need to move on there best KP player for the sake of it.

Hopefully there is a Pettifer, Fiora or Oakley Nicholls available for them to pounce on.

Very close with his sister, which is why he considered Sydney in the first place.

She’s moved to Melbourne… he’ll follow.
Anyone else find it a bit odd he’s so keen to move clubs just to live near his sister? Chasing her round the country year on year. Lol

Anyone else find it a bit odd he’s so keen to move clubs just to live near his sister? Chasing her round the country year on year. Lol

Nah. My family isn’t close and I’m beyond jealous of those who are.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty sure like most siblings the passing of their father Tony has strengthened the bond.

I actually like that Tom comes across as a different kind of cat as it reminds me of Lake which is funny when the last eccentric FB we chased was him. I still think a top 10 pick is a high price to pay for him but like always I’ll leave it up to the club experts.

Pretty sure like most siblings the passing of their father Tony has strengthened the bond.

I actually like that Tom comes across as a different kind of cat as it reminds me of Lake which is funny when the last eccentric FB we chased was him. I still think a top 10 pick is a high price to pay for him but like always I’ll leave it up to the club experts.

Spot on, everyone should go onto Will Schofields backchat podcast he did with Tom. Great listen, and shows why he will fit into our club perfectly.

Agent knows we desperately need Barrass so now he leaks Sydney. Knowing how we've been outbid in the past?

Adding a few extra 000's to the deal
Maybe or it could be WC trying to extract max value at the trade table. Silly season is about to hit full tilt.

At the end of the day $$$ rules but it seems we have a lot more boxes checked than the Swans:

• Mitchell connection
• Hickmott connection
• more salary cap $$$
• sister living in Melbourne
• starting FB position

Like most teams they will offer the staring FB position so the last point doesn’t mean much. Worth noting that the Swans do have picks 18 + 19 so could offer both of those. I think this sounds like a ploy by WC and Swans to get us to pay max value. Silly season 🤪

I think it's to do with the passing of their father. That's what prompted the Sydney talk, and is now why being together is relevant. He has a family and kids too so having the kids auntie around is important.

Pete Vlahos… our mate that declared Cogs to Hawthorn.
He had word coming directly from the family & was correct when he said it. This was pre-AFL telling/allowing GWS to match HFC's bid (regardless the Salary Cap implication - something that GWS, HFC or Cogs didn't see coming).

Surely we're not doing this conversation again?

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back