Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I doubt it, I see Wards value currently outside a first round pick. They would be more wanting something along the lines of a first and ward (which we would rightly tell them to GAGF)

Third year player with 40 games of development and was a pick 7 in the draft.

His value hasn't plummeted like DGB's. Josh is still way too good for VFL level, even as a 20 year old.

I'm not convinced that trading him is a good idea at all, but he wouldn't come cheap for an opposition club.

More exposed form and development than Tanner Bruhn had which cost Geelong pick 18.

Would think Wards value would be comparable to the Jye Caldwell, Jordan Clark, Tanner Bruhn trades at a minimum. Looking at them his value could be high 2nd plus change or late 1st.

Generally players improve when they leave the suns and generally players improve when they join the hawks. It’s a good combination, especially for someone with a lot of talent.

Why would he come to Victoria though? If he wants out the SA teams will be all over him, he’d fit perfectly at the Crows with Fog and Thilthorpe.
I’m not saying that’s not possible, I just don’t think it’s fair to blame it all on the Suns and give him a pass.

Would think Wards value would be comparable to the Jye Caldwell, Jordan Clark, Tanner Bruhn trades at a minimum. Looking at them his value could be high 2nd plus change or late 1st.
No way is he worth a high first or high second. His draft pick is pretty much irrelevant now. Second time he has been dropped this year after an extended stint at Box Hill where he racked up decent numbers but didn't exactly set the world on fire, especially when it came to his disposal. Tanner Bruhn and Jordan Clarke were showing way more in their second year than Ward has in his third despite copping significant injuries. Not sure about Caldwell, never really followed him

We need to keep him and hopefully he can turn it around next season, ain't gonna happen this year, too many ahead of him for a mid field spot

No way is he worth a high first or high second. His draft pick is pretty much irrelevant now. Second time he has been dropped this year after an extended stint at Box Hill where he racked up decent numbers but didn't exactly set the world on fire, especially when it came to his disposal. Tanner Bruhn and Jordan Clarke were showing way more in their second year than Ward has in his third despite copping significant injuries. Not sure about Caldwell, never really followed him

We need to keep him and hopefully he can turn it around next season, ain't gonna happen this year, too many ahead of him for a mid field spot
Nope don't agree at all with this. Your opinion may differ but those are the comparable trades in recent times.

Clark was getting dropped every second week and Bruhn and Caldwell couldn't get a look in because of the giants midfield. Your overateing those 3 at the time they were traded or underrating Ward. At a minimum that's his value using the market as a reference.

I do agree that we should keep him though.

Forget Luko

Mac Andrew.

He honestly was very lucky not to serve time for the dumbness he pulled over Xmas.

His family and management - so I have been told - have begged him to stop hanging around with stupid people, as when he is with stupid people, he does stupid things.

Make no mistake - if he has another brush with the law, he is in deep strife.

Despite all this - he continues to hang around with the same stupid people - you can see the flashes of temper onfield, well, add a few beers and you get the gist.

Family and management have - so I am told - come around to the idea Mac may be better served out of the Gold Coast area.

GCS have a choice if he decides to leave - make a great trade, or risk Mac doing yet another dumb thing, and having no career left at all.

If we haven't put the question - we really should.

Source is the same person who tipped me off about Chol coming, and the reasons.

As I have said, we will have to move on McKenzie and/or Ward. FFS Lucosious not even available.

Generally players improve when they leave the suns and generally players improve when they join the hawks. It’s a good combination, especially for someone with a lot of talent.

Why would he come to Victoria though? If he wants out the SA teams will be all over him, he’d fit perfectly at the Crows with Fog and Thilthorpe.

That is the job of Rough, Mitch and Co to sell the dream and get him down here.

He would be a perfect fit for us.

If Geelong can sell Kardinia Park as a destination place anything is possible.

We all know Dusty is going to the Suns and you would imagine Rioli will be joining him.

Dusty ain’t getting out of bed or anything under 500k even as a favour to Dimma and Rioli would be commanding 650-700k to relocate.

The suns had to offload Jack Bowes for a bag of twisties only last season.

Perhaps Dimma knows he is going to have offload 1 or 2 on decent coin to bring in his boys and keep the cap under control.

" Hawthorn currently own picks 9 and 28, but will need to get their hands on many more high-end picks if they’re to pull off the heist they hope they will this off-season"

What is the reason Hawthorn need to get their hands on 'many more high end picks'? Firstly, most agree first rounder is very much reasonable for a player his age. Secondly, if we have to (which I doubt) there are future picks and second rounders etc. Surely Geelong are the one that are going to have to think if they have enough to acquire Smith given his age and profile, and what Geelong themselves demand for players when they leave, such as Tim Kelly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Forget Luko

Mac Andrew.

He honestly was very lucky not to serve time for the dumbness he pulled over Xmas.

His family and management - so I have been told - have begged him to stop hanging around with stupid people, as when he is with stupid people, he does stupid things.

Make no mistake - if he has another brush with the law, he is in deep strife.

Despite all this - he continues to hang around with the same stupid people - you can see the flashes of temper onfield, well, add a few beers and you get the gist.

Family and management have - so I am told - come around to the idea Mac may be better served out of the Gold Coast area.

GCS have a choice if he decides to leave - make a great trade, or risk Mac doing yet another dumb thing, and having no career left at all.

If we haven't put the question - we really should.

Source is the same person who tipped me off about Chol coming, and the reasons.

This is the one. The exact player Mitchell would turn into a superstar of the comp.

We all know Dusty is going to the Suns and you would imagine Rioli will be joining him.

Dusty ain’t getting out of bed or anything under 500k even as a favour to Dimma and Rioli would be commanding 650-700k to relocate.

The suns had to offload Jack Bowes for a bag of twisties only last season.

Perhaps Dimma knows he is going to have offload 1 or 2 on decent coin to bring in his boys and keep the cap under control.
I thought I heard someone in the media say that if Martin retires he cant go play elsewhere next year. Cant remember if it was Twomey or Cleary. The rule must of been changed since Hodge did it if its the case.

My memory of the conversation was he either retires, plays next year at Richmond or plays out the season then goes to GC but he cant do two of the three meaning he cant retire and then go elsewhere as a free agent

Nope don't agree at all with this. Your opinion may differ but those are the comparable trades in recent times.

Clark was getting dropped every second week and Bruhn and Caldwell couldn't get a look in because of the giants midfield. Your overateing those 3 at the time they were traded or underrating Ward. At a minimum that's his value using the market as a reference.

I do agree that we should keep him though.
They maybe comparable trades but there is no way in the world we would get a first rounder for Ward or even high second around pick if it were to happen - pick 30 + is his current market value

I thought I heard someone in the media say that if Martin retires he cant go play elsewhere next year. Cant remember if it was Twomey or Cleary. The rule must of been changed since Hodge did it if its the case.

My memory of the conversation was he either retires, plays next year at Richmond or plays out the season then goes to GC but he cant do two of the three meaning he cant retire and then go elsewhere as a free agent
I believe he would need to 'unretire' and a trade negotiated. Much like Hodge's situation.

Whoever wrote this article seems to have no idea Battle is an unrestricted free agent… More high quality content again coming from Fox sports 🤦🏼‍♂️
it says "with the Herald Sun's Jon Ralph reporting..." and there's the issue, Ralphy has battled it all year trying to figure it out to the point where Twomey has had a laugh it at on Gettable

If it were to happen - pick 30 + is his current market value
How is that his current market value if the comparable trades in the market suggest something different.

There may not be a market for Ward at all, no one knows that until it is tested. At this point the only thing to go off is those trades.

As far as I'm concerned your suggestion is just a guess, which may be proven right but at this stage still a guess unless you have some other information you haven't shared.

Wasnt there also something about a certain form needing to be signed and handed into AFL to make any retirement official or something like that too and Hodge hadnt done that?

None of this makes any sense at all.

If a player is out of contract and fulfills his contract obligations or negotiates with his current club an early exit who can stop that person from changing his mind and nominating for the pre season draft or even the National Draft again?

None of this makes any sense at all.

If a player is out of contract and fulfills his contract obligations or negotiates with his current club an early exit who can stop that person from changing his mind and nominating for the pre season draft or even the National Draft again?
It might of been Cyril who hadnt signed a certain form when people were proposing that he head to Brisbane or GC after he retired. I seem to remember it for some reason

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back