Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Whoever wrote this article seems to have no idea Battle is an unrestricted free agent… More high quality content again coming from Fox sports 🤦🏼‍♂️
Give 'em a break, dude - it's hard balancing Year 9 & being a professional sports journalist!

How is that his current market value if the comparable trades in the market suggest something different.

There may not be a market for Ward at all, no one knows that until it is tested. At this point the only thing to go off is those trades.

As far as I'm concerned your suggestion is just a guess, which may be proven right but at this stage still a guess unless you have some other information you haven't shared.
Correct - my suggestion is absolutely a guess, there are so many variables when it comes to valuing a player that its almost impossible to predict. Just saying that if the club where to entertain trading him and anotherclub/s was interested, highly doubt we get offered anything in the twenties let alone teens..

Wasnt there also something about a certain form needing to be signed and handed into AFL to make any retirement official or something like that too and Hodge hadnt done that?
Hodge did the form it’s why a trade had to be done and he couldn’t just join as a free agent. Dustin Martin can’t join another team as a free agent, it would have to be a trade or he has to enter the draft. Although the AFL bent the rules for Mumford so they can just make it up when they want.

Correct - my suggestion is absolutely a guess, there are so many variables when it comes to valuing a player that its almost impossible to predict. Just saying that if the club where to entertain trading him and anotherclub/s was interested, highly doubt we get offered anything in the twenties let alone teens..
That is why we are talking two mids if we are to do everything that has been suggested on this website. Point being, it will take more, and we need to understand the three draft rule still applies the last l looked.

None of this makes any sense at all.

If a player is out of contract and fulfills his contract obligations or negotiates with his current club an early exit who can stop that person from changing his mind and nominating for the pre season draft or even the National Draft again?
I think this stems from Mal Michael 'retiring' from Brisbane, then miraculously unretiring and signing with the Bombers. No trade was done, and Brisbane was not happy. I'm not sure of the exact process but if you retire, I believe you can't be re-signed elsewhere unless you come out of retirement and a trade is done with your club. Happy to be corrected here.

Totally agree Lukosius would be a fantastic addition to our forward line post Gunston but I think the Suns would ask for a first round draft pick to start any conversation of a trade which would mean we would have to dig deep and possibly use this years first for Barrass and next years as part of a deal for Lukosius.
To the cats for a swap of future 3rds then?

They took him down the great ocean road last week and said you can have a pick of apostle 9, 10, 11 or 12 but the other 8 have been taken.
Most of the 12 apostles have been taken by the ocean

Think there’s only 3 or 4 left standing now

We all know Dusty is going to the Suns and you would imagine Rioli will be joining him.

Dusty ain’t getting out of bed or anything under 500k even as a favour to Dimma and Rioli would be commanding 650-700k to relocate.

The suns had to offload Jack Bowes for a bag of twisties only last season.

Perhaps Dimma knows he is going to have offload 1 or 2 on decent coin to bring in his boys and keep the cap under control.

First world problems 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No way is he worth a high first or high second. His draft pick is pretty much irrelevant now. Second time he has been dropped this year after an extended stint at Box Hill where he racked up decent numbers but didn't exactly set the world on fire, especially when it came to his disposal. Tanner Bruhn and Jordan Clarke were showing way more in their second year than Ward has in his third despite copping significant injuries. Not sure about Caldwell, never really followed him

We need to keep him and hopefully he can turn it around next season, ain't gonna happen this year, too many ahead of him for a mid field spot
You and others here are kidding themselves. Stop under rating our list ffs. İt will take a top 10 pick to get Hawthorn interested. As it was last year when we said NO to a club.

How is that his current market value if the comparable trades in the market suggest something different.

There may not be a market for Ward at all, no one knows that until it is tested. At this point the only thing to go off is those trades.

As far as I'm concerned your suggestion is just a guess, which may be proven right but at this stage still a guess unless you have some other information you haven't shared.
He's just full of shit. Hasn't got a clue or is just tying to say that Josh is a shit player and has shown nothing for a 20 year old but saying it in a roundabout ways.

He's just full of shit. Hasn't got a clue or is just tying to say that Josh is a shit player and has shown nothing for a 20 year old but saying it in a roundabout ways.
Yeah I thought I was being conservative with my valuation. 😅

A tidbit. Barrass wont be in WA this weekend but wont be with the team in Tas. He has asked for personal time.

Disclaimer: No, I don't know what it means and I'm not guessing. I'm just passing on info. No idea whether WCE will allow him that time either, all I know is that he's asked for it.

Edit: Funny if we see him at the 'G :)

You and others here are kidding themselves. Stop under rating our list ffs. İt will take a top 10 pick to get Hawthorn interested. As it was last year when we said NO to a club.
I think you are partially correct...a top 10 pick would have Hawthorn interested...no one putting that on the table though

I would be surprised if he is elsewhere but guys are only worth what teams are willing to pay

we have arguments like this every year, person A under rates and person B underrates but invariably its person B who ends up closer to the pin when a trade happens

And it isnt just Hawthorn fans this is the same across the league fans rate their own guys a lot more than opposition players

A tidbit. Barrass wont be in WA this weekend but wont be with the team in Tas. He has asked for personal time.

Disclaimer: No, I don't know what it means and I'm not guessing. I'm just passing on info. No idea whether WCE will allow him that time either, all I know is that he's asked for it.

Edit: Funny if we see him at the 'G :)
Seems extremely unlikely Barass won't be with the hawks, or at least another club, after this off-season imo

Did you miss the double negative or are you suggesting Barrass to the Hawks is actually unlikely?
Missed the double negative

schitts creek no GIF by CBC

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back