Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Grain of salt obviously given the source, but a bit of smoke around this one.

I have no doubt Ginni has been in the ear of his former teammates about this.

If this wasn't already one of the worst trades (from Collingwood's perspective) in the history of the game just on the basis of Ginni's improvement and the unexpected change in value of the future picks swapped, then it threatens to be the worst if Ginnivan manages to convince a few of their younger, more promising players to request trades to other clubs.

So the 5 year contract offer that has been reported in the media is not true?
Someone posted a link yesterday where a media guy (unknown) said words to the effect: "The HFC offer for Barrass is 4yrs, not the reported 5yrs".

It'll be in this thread, within the last 10ish pages.

If this wasn't already one of the worst trades (from Collingwood's perspective) in the history of the game just on the basis of Ginni's improvement and the unexpected change in value of the future picks swapped, then it threatens to be the worst if Ginnivan manages to convince a few of their younger, more promising players to request trades to other clubs.
Read the room, Craig!

Wouldn't be surprised if the game we played against them a few rounds back turned a few heads. It's one thing to see us play as a spectator, another to be on the receiving end of it on the ground.

Question to the posters of this lovely thread…

If we entered preseason with Serong, Reeves, Morrison and Ward in other colors…and no first Round pick for 2025…

But we had Barass, Battle, Smith and Cody Anderson on the list, would you be ok with it?

If we entered preseason with Serong, Reeves, Morrison and Ward in other colors…and no first Round pick for 2025…

But we had Barass, Battle, Smith and Cody Anderson on the list, would you be ok with it?
Might have concerns about the back up Ruck spot initially. On paper they would be better in the starting 23

Do we have confirmation that Anderson is actually in our NGA?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, purely because our ruck depth is very shallow without Reeves unfortunately.
If we were to get a decent ruck backup as well then I'd be very happy.

Morrison and Battle are free agents and Anderson is a NGA.

So it’s Serong, Reeves, Ward and I assume 2 firsts? For Barrass and Smith.

Or would we keep this years first?

It's hard to see those guys and not feel as though they're either direct upgrades to the player they're replacing, fill more important roles or refresh the list in other ways.

Smith feels like an upgrade on Ward, Barass fills a more vital role than Reeves, and Battle is an upgrade on Serong. On Harry, I'm a fan but I feel players should move on at some stage to further their own career and that clubs should work to moving on players who aren't getting a decent run. Anderson has scope to be a much better player and is new blood, which is always needed.

No, purely because our ruck depth is very shallow without Reeves unfortunately.
If we were to get a decent ruck backup as well then I'd be very happy.
Over the past 2 months Ramsden has been playing the majority of his time as the main ruck at Box Hill and has done a good job. He has a similar athletic profile to the De Konig boys who have both looked good as rucks this year. If the AFL do away with the sub and bring in a 5th player on the bench, which could happen, we could possibly see two rucks played next year.

Over the past 2 months Ramsden has been playing the majority of his time as the main ruck at Box Hill and has done a good job. He has a similar athletic profile to the De Konig boys who have both looked good as rucks this year. If the AFL do away with the sub and bring in a 5th player on the bench, which could happen, we could possibly see two rucks played next year.
I like Ramma but still think he's a couple years away from being at a consistent AFL level. I'd be very worried if Meek was to go down and have Ramma as our #1.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back