Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

projectdingley was permanently banned last year because he had opinions disagreeing with the moderators and 90% of the forum.

Wanted Watson while the forum wanted to trade two first rounders for Smith.

Wanted Watson while the forum wanted Duursma, Sanders, and Curtin.

Needless to say I’ll save my time. It’s proven if you speak too much sense, you will be silenced.

No difference with the Barrass situation. Disaster waiting to happen. Enjoy arguing amongst yourselves. Those with knowledge know how this will end up. I genuinely hope projectdingley is sitting somewhere on a beach sipping pina colada’s smiling thinking about the eggs he’s left of people’s faces.

# NOtoBarrass
Hi Dom, I did enjoy how you gave yourself kudos for the Barrass movement.

Thinking that you were the only person who wanted Watson is delusional.

projectdingley was permanently banned last year because he had opinions disagreeing with the moderators and 90% of the forum.

Needless to say I’ll save my time. It’s proven if you speak too much sense, you will be silenced.

No difference with the Barrass situation. Disaster waiting to happen. Enjoy arguing amongst yourselves. Those with knowledge know how this will end up. I genuinely hope projectdingley is sitting somewhere on a beach sipping pina colada’s smiling thinking about the eggs he’s left of people’s faces.

# NOtoBarrass
I also very early wanted Watson over the other draftees, but I want Barrass too. I guess I’m just wondering, where do I stand?

All of Hawthorn’s Draft picks between 10-20 in the last 20 years.
W McCabe 19
J Weddle 18
W Day 13
R Burton 19
R Schoenmakers 19
C Rioli 12
G Birchall 14
M Bailey 18
I Smith 19
There are many gems in this draft who would fall in our draft pick range.
I want long, sustained success so unlike a lot of people on here having access to Barrass for 4-5 years vs picking the next Day, Rioli, Weddle or Smith is not as clear cut as most posters on here believe especially if Battle has committed and with Frost having a career best year.

I agree happy to get Battle and Perryman for free, but need to go to the draft with our first and second, if we trade our 3rd or 4th for bargain picks ups from other clubs that's great.

I am a supporter of the #NOtoBarrass movement on X. (Kudos to Dom)

Reasoning:
  • Equal third worst one-on-one defender in the league.
  • Back 6/7 already very strong and solid. That’s with Sicily on one shoulder.
  • Battle incoming makes it a solid 7/8
  • Plenty of depth in the sheds. Blanck has shown he’s an AFL player. McCabe and Phillips developing.
  • Harry Edwards situation will happen to our young defenders. They will want out due to the lack of opportunity.
  • Big hole when Barrass finishes. Some youngsters would have sought opportunities elsewhere. Those still on the list would have had limited AFL exposure.
  • Doesn’t leave us with a sustained period of going at it.
  • West Coast clearly want games into Edwards. Just like we wanted games into Newcombe/Day/Worpel. Shipped off O’Meara and Mitchell for peanuts as a result. Why is this not the same for Barrass?
  • Why do all WC fans want him gone?
  • Turning 30 next year.
  • No example ever of a first rounder traded for a thirty year old (or even 29y/o) being remotely successful.
  • The most non-durable player in the league. Surgery to just about every body part on his body. Which makes him a limited player.
  • 4 year deal will be a disaster. Dreaming if you think he plays until 33.
  • Never played more than 19 games in a season.
  • One bad knee to the back away from retirement.
  • Tasmania implications. Good luck finding young guns in the next few years.
  • No trade power with picks gone. Zero hope of landing players that want out in the next few years. E.G Mac Andrew.
  • Tobie Travaglia straight into the team if we pick him. November born. 15 year player. No different to Dear and Watson. Young guns have turned this team around.
  • More high end talent will only make this team better. Gives us a sustained period at the top.
  • Has a young family. Priorities have already changed. Doubt he has the drive anymore. Footy isn’t number one. No different to Stratts. Captain one year, retirement the next.
  • Will he cope in Melbourne? Completely different to Perth. No waves. Freezing.
No move should require this much justification. Only ends one way. With all the reasoning listed above,

I am # NOtoBarrass and encourage all of you to be so aswell.
😂 IP address check needed

The scenario is this week, we have Battle and Barass to select, who do you omit?
Frost. I love him and what he’s done this year but barasss takes his spot and makes us better.

battle for weddle who moves up the ground and squeezes out harry or someone else.

easy and makes us instantly better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I also very early wanted Watson over the other draftees, but I want Barrass too. I guess I’m just wondering, where do I stand?

Stand in the place where you live, now face north.

Let’s keep things simple

Barass is A grade

The only ?? Are his age and his durability (to a lesser extent )

If he wants to come you make it happen

Ben mckay is bordering on c grade

We should be very happy if he wants to come

# NOtoBarrass
The messiah has weighed in

Where’s dippers elbow ? Btw not sin binned for some stray elbows I hope

The funniest part was that this individual was on Hawks Insiders and was listed potential draftees we'd be 'missing out on'.

One of the names mentioned was Cody Anderson. The same Cody Anderson we now believe we could be getting for free as an NGA talent?

I had to leave the safe space when he started to get into the “logic” behind “the movement” …

Through some intensive detective work I think I have found tentative link between our messiah and the dom Twitter account.

Old mate kept the same capitalisation from his original Bigfooty post that has started a Twitter revolution

Attachments

• IMG_7266.jpeg
    IMG_7266.jpeg
    157.2 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_7267.jpeg
    IMG_7267.jpeg
    43.5 KB · Views: 183
I'm confused with who is who these days, are there two Dom's? There's some guy who posted on here his analysis of our triangle set up at contest and was on the Hawks Insiders pod afterwards explaining it but I think the Dom from this week was different? How many Dom's are there in Australia?
Holistically I think it’s a mental health issue, but in this specific instance “the messiah” seems to keep promoting these other accounts (which he also runs) to justify his opinions

This is why I'm worried about Barrass.

I genuinely don't see how anyone can watch that and not get some red flags popping up.

This is why I'm worried about Barrass.

exactly.
I don't understand how people just dismiss this and want to pay whatever it takes to get him.
It's a huge risk we don't need to take.

Don torettoI'm confused with who is who these days, are there two Dom's? There's some guy who posted on here his analysis of our triangle set up at contest and was on the Hawks Insiders pod afterwards explaining it but I think the Dom from this week was different? How many Dom's are there in Australia?
Fast And Furious Helicopter GIF by The Fast Saga

The Dom he thinks he is

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back