Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Bit of insight into why we need some key defenders and the necessity of Barrass. Poor Blancky, hope he doesn't end up with the sort of issues with ongoing infection that Alex Johnson had.

Throw him in the bin, very selfish player
Many of us probably didn’t like Ginnivan at the pies but now…If we could get him and unleash him imagine having Watson ginnivan rachele to contend with as the oppo. We could single handedly revive small defenders as a career choice!

His most recent post regarding what club needs in its forward line is pretty pathetic

Has the class of a brick

That’s a bit unfair.

To bricks. They are useful and can cause some impact if thrown hard enough.

I’ve heard ROK and Bret Thornton may finally be gettable this off season. Wonder if a combination of Schoey, Dowler, Thorpe, Ellis and Pick 18 can get it done.

Rachelle Ginnivan and Watson. Just imagine 😂 😂

Bit sad for Rachelle who wants to be himself like Ginni and Watson but went about it the wrong way. Don’t see him like the other two. Not a great look to go after fans IMO, particularly choosing to focus on physical appearance lacks class.

Ginni has done it once against the Pies and it was a bit more valid (former club) and in the spirit of football banter (was saying goodnight, not attacking physical appearance). Otherwise he and Watson just rile opposition supporters up by getting under the skin of their opponents, kicking snags and celebrating.

Maybe I have Hawthorn coloured glasses on

Vibes are off with Rachele.

Ginnivan isn't the toughest player around but will go when it's his turn. Watson just goes 24/7. I've enjoyed the celebrations for the goals but also the 1% stuff, tackles, forcing of stoppages, spoils, halving contests, pressuring the footy. All this stuff we do so well and it's infectious. Rachele does none of this stuff.

You'll notice we don't celebrate every goal, we celebrate when it makes sense, there's no guidelines but the players instinctually know when the appropriate times are. The second quarter of a showdown to tie the game ain't it.

Rachele runs one way, is super selfish, had a really really bad moment where he pulled out of a contest only 2 minutes before that goal. He does it all the time. I can't stress enough how deflating it would feel to see him regularly shirk the contest compared to how our players crack in. Not the kinda guy I want to go to battle with in a final.

If you want to get someone out of there go and rescue Dan Curtin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bit sad for Rachelle who wants to be himself like Ginni and Watson but went about it the wrong way. Don’t see him like the other two. Not a great look to go after fans IMO, particularly choosing to focus on physical appearance lacks class.

Ginni has done it once against the Pies and it was a bit more valid (former club) and in the spirit of football banter (was saying goodnight, not attacking physical appearance). Otherwise he and Watson just rile opposition supporters up by getting under the skin of their opponents, kicking snags and celebrating.

Maybe I have Hawthorn coloured glasses on
Nup you're right it's very different.

Many of us probably didn’t like Ginnivan at the pies but now…If we could get him and unleash him imagine having Watson ginnivan rachele to contend with as the oppo. We could single handedly revive small defenders as a career choice!
The thing about Ginnivan while he was playing for Collingwood is I saw him as a young smart ass who played for free kicks way too often but never really a selfish player where I have seen Rachele constantly burning other players and it always being about him. There was a game last year against Richmond where the crows were 5 goals down and Rachele kicked a goal and ran to the crowd and carried on with one of the most over he top celebrations you would ever see. I would like to think if one of our players carried on like that while the team were getting their asses handed to them that they would get a firm kick up the butt. I have never seen Ginnivan squib a contest either where Rachele has done it on many occasions. Maybe it's a bit harsh on him as he's still just a kid and for his sake I hope he can turn it around but a lot would have to change before I would want us trading for him.

He’d be headed west if anywhere, which is why we weren’t that interested, alongside our coach having a query over his ability overhead.

He’d be headed west if anywhere, which is why we weren’t that interested, alongside our coach having a query over his ability overhead.
I figured as much re: heading west, haven't heard the overhead ability being questioned though, very interesting.

Got a feeling he will seek a move this offseason or next. Not a fan of draftees not seeing out at least their initial contracts but also wouldn't begrudge anyone for not wanting to play under Nicks.

Vibes are off with Rachele.

Ginnivan isn't the toughest player around but will go when it's his turn. Watson just goes 24/7. I've enjoyed the celebrations for the goals but also the 1% stuff, tackles, forcing of stoppages, spoils, halving contests, pressuring the footy. All this stuff we do so well and it's infectious. Rachele does none of this stuff.

You'll notice we don't celebrate every goal, we celebrate when it makes sense, there's no guidelines but the players instinctually know when the appropriate times are. The second quarter of a showdown to tie the game ain't it.

Rachele runs one way, is super selfish, had a really really bad moment where he pulled out of a contest only 2 minutes before that goal. He does it all the time. I can't stress enough how deflating it would feel to see him regularly shirk the contest compared to how our players crack in. Not the kinda guy I want to go to battle with in a final.

Rachele could be anything and will be at a proper club. Has all the talent in the world.

I would take him in a heartbeat. If we could pull off a trade we will be laughing. Mind you, it won't be easy with his long contract.

Rachele is 21 years old and would fit right into the Hawks forward line....if there's room.

We currently have Breust, Wiz, Ginni, CMac, Moore, The Chad, Hardwick (swinging) & Butler returning next year. I really like Rachele and if Sam wants to double down on the Mosquito Fleet I'm happy with that.

Rachele could be anything and will be at a proper club. Has all the talent in the world.

I would take him in a heartbeat. If we could pull off a trade we will be laughing. Mind you, it won't be easy with his long contract.
Not denying the talent whatsoever, just think he is a poor system fit for us and we could allocate both salary resources and draft currency much better.

For all the Lewis talk a couple of pages back.

Pretty sure this was already shared.

Could easily be viewed as media spin as you wouldn't expect the team to say anything different about a contracted player. The fact remains he is injury prone and yet to play more than 15 games in a given season.

I also noted, there is no quote from anyone at Hawthorn in that report, rather just that "Moneyball understands".

Not denying the talent whatsoever, just think he is a poor system fit for us and we could allocate both salary resources and draft currency much better.
I agree with the draft capital argument, however I think we have substantial midfield depth we could use particularly when the crows are crying out for mids. Maybe next year it's a different story.

Something is rotten at the Crows though. If they play their cards right they could be a powerhouse in a two-team state just like the WCE. Instead they are a rabble.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back