Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Mick Mcguane in today's Herald Sun says he is hearing that Josh Battle is staying put at St.Kilda unless the Hawks up their offer and persuade him to leave. I still can't understand Battle's reluctance to sign now or in the recent past if he is intending on staying put makes no sense at all.
Your logic is sound. Everything points to him waiting out the clock on the season so he can announce he’s taking up our offer.

Everything else is blatant posturing and as other suggest, seems to be from the Saints side.

Mick Mcguane in today's Herald Sun says he is hearing that Josh Battle is staying put at St.Kilda unless the Hawks up their offer and persuade him to leave. I still can't understand Battle's reluctance to sign now or in the recent past if he is intending on staying put makes no sense at all.
McGuane still uses a pager and a fax machine so I'm tipping this scoop was the news that was going around briefly a month ago.

These type of statements are just laughable. Why hasnt he signed? The season is almost finished. For the Sainst at least :grinv1:

I reckon Frosty is in top 5 BnF form. We have a cast around him which means he can do what he's good at instead of having to run out of defence because he's got nothing going.

I do miss the old Frost run down the ground though.

He'd have to be top 10 this year. But I reckon Moore, Scrimshaw, Worpel, Newcombe, Meek and possibly D'Ambrosio, Impey, Amon, Sicily and Nash would be ahead of him. Day may have missed too many games.

Just goes to show how many strong contributors we have had this season.

These type of statements are just laughable. Why hasnt he signed? The season is almost finished. For the Sainst at least :grinv1:

Dusty didn’t sign until the finals in 2017. Never say never. I’ll believe Battle is ours when he’s wearing that crumpled polo.

and it is a thermal fax btw.

Gen Z kids will never know the joy of a fax machine set to redial thinking you’re number is a fellow fax machine and calling you all afternoon to share its lovely siren song.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just said on Fox footy, may be taken with a grain of salt that our offer is 850 which is short of the 900k needed to trigger band one.
So essentially if true their pick drops from around 6 to something in the late 20’s, Saints would be mad not to have a last minute bid if that’s the case. Either way Battle gets a nice pay day.

Gen Z kids will never know the joy of a fax machine set to redial thinking you’re number is a fellow fax machine and calling you all afternoon to share its lovely siren song.
and the sweet sound of the 8k modem, the sound of a mozzie with a banana jammed up its wahzoo.

Just said on Fox footy, may be taken with a grain of salt that our offer is 850 which is short of the 900k needed to trigger band one.
So essentially if true their pick drops from around 6 to something in the late 20’s, Saints would be mad not to have a last minute bid if that’s the case. Either way Battle gets a nice pay day.
I totally agree but **** i hate that clubs are legit using free agency to rort ridiculous compensations. If they think Battle is worth 900k they would have offered it already, trying to offer just enough to get other clubs to outbid and cause these massively over the top compensation picks is so stupid.

Hi lads, excuse the intrusion. Would love to keep Battle, but clearly gone.

Obviously a pick in the 20s is a disaster our end. Are there any players on your list with either a bad contract or surplus to needs that come to mind that we could take on?

If we could provide a bit of salary cap relief, perhaps the Hawks could come up 50k🤣

The whole system is a joke, would be devasting to go from pick 7 to late 20s over 50k.

I totally agree but **** i hate that clubs are legit using free agency to rort ridiculous compensations. If they think Battle is worth 900k they would have offered it already, trying to offer just enough to get other clubs to outbid and cause these massively over the top compensation picks is so stupid.
Couldn’t agree more, hopefully he sees it for what it is, if I had my mind made up I’d be thinking exactly the same if I was him.
You’d know they didn’t think you were worth it when they had the chance to pay it and it’s only for a better pick.

Here is the latest in the Josh Battle saga according to Jon Ralph.

Enjoy the read http://archive.today/rpuxn

If Saints are interested in Harry or Sam Butler for 2nd round picks then maybe Hawks can find that extra 50K.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back