Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

They are going to be sooo bad for sooo long now.

Season 5 Fox GIF by New Girl

People said the same about us.

Not sure they have too much other choice really, already bottomed out, may as well get what they can for anyone with currency I reckon.

People said the same about us.

Not sure they have too much other choice really, already bottomed out, may as well get what they can for anyone with currency I reckon.
Totally agree Richmond have to hit the draft hard in the next 2 to 3 years before Tasmania comes in and totally compromises the draft and targets ready made stars.

It looks like the expected mass exodus from Richmond has begun in earnest with Bolton requesting a trade to the Dockers and Daniel Rioli wants to head to the Suns.
Their best chance to rebuild through draft is to load picks this and next draft .
Freo and GC can easily put up the picks for those players .

With Tassie coming in you wouldn't want to be trying to 'hit the draft in 2-3' years time .

Totally agree Richmond have to hit the draft hard in the next 2 to 3 years before Tasmania comes in and totally compromises the draft and targets ready made stars.

Hutchy last night had a point where he said they basically have to trade out anyone with value and horde high draft picks the next two years. Only thing is is Yze the right guy to bring through all that young talent.

Not that it means anything, but I did ask my mate Carro this morning about the whole trac situation.
She said I can’t possibly see how he goes back to Melbourne next season, it’s gotten far more serious than anyone at Melbourne had expected it. The unrest between himself and other senior staff members and players is too big to ignore. Every club in the land has gotten on the phone to his manager, it may just come down to who can offer the best deal for him.
Surely Melbourne just sack Goodwin and any other senior staffers in order to keep him?

He said he wants big crowds and building his brand. And challenging. It's surely Carlton, Collingwood, Hawthorn and maybe Essendon he could consider.

Bulldogs could probably afford to lose a tall forward for him but might not fit the criteria.

But unless Petracca goes to court to null the contract, the price for a trade will be huge. An absolute superstar if the comp with 5 years left.

Not sure where it's coming from, but never seen so much bed wetting about this guy leaving the Saints.

If he doesn't want to come, no one has a gun to his head. Hopefully he wants to come to be part of a great successful club with an exciting young list.

It looks like the expected mass exodus from Richmond has begun in earnest with Bolton requesting a trade to the Dockers and Daniel Rioli wants to head to the Suns.
Tigers have a great opportunity to load up on picks for young players that want out.

They may not win a game next year but they will have multiple top 10 picks the next 2 years nd plenty of spots for them to get game time.

Not sure where it's coming from, but never seen so much bed wetting about this guy leaving the Saints.

If he doesn't want to come, no one has a gun to his head. Hopefully he wants to come to be part of a great successful club with an exciting young list.

In fairness, I don't think any club has lost so many players to free agency as St Kilda have. They are probably tired of the system.

Tigers have a great opportunity to load up on picks for young players that want out.

They may not win a game next year but they will have multiple top 10 picks the next 2 years nd plenty of spots for them to get game time.
development coaches got their work cut out for them so they dont just turn into the Kreuzer Blues, any year of the Gold Coast Suns or even this version of North and keep developing especially with all that experience leaving at once

When O’Meara nominated us just before our finals game against Geelong in 2016, it took away the focus from us, it definitely wasn’t the ideal time, as I think it was an added distraction.

How was it a distraction for us? It didn't change how the coach and players were preparing for the game. It doesn't change how we trained, etc.

If the coach was already in dialogue with the player and his agent then nothing changed.

All it meant was the coach may have been asked some questions about it by the media.

If the players somehow lost focus with a huge final against Geelong looming, because JOM nominated us, then we never deserved to win.

It's different for McKay right now as he's the player being name dropped in the trade, and he's got a knockout final coming up.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That would be amazing. F1 + something else would be fine by me, so long as we keep our current first. This draft has some quality prospects that will be available at our pick.
wouldnt be surprised at all if they did get Barrass for their F1 that this pick is still on the table too to go somewhere else

If any of the rumours around illicit drugs are true then I reckon all he'd have to do is threaten to lift the lid to get his trade wish done. Keep in mind at this stage the rumours have been around Oliver + Goodwin.

Then there was Joel Smith who was suspended after the round 23 game against us last season. Watch the video (in link below) of what Joel's father had to say. Melbourne is rotten to the core by the sounds of things and without actually saying there are others within the club I reckon he kinda was.

Don't be surprised if there a lot more players that Petracca has dirt on and it could very well end up being the ace in his deck to grant his wish of being traded.

Add to that Alex Neal Bullen who always seemed like a reasonable kind of bloke leaving "for family reasons"

The Dees are a steaming pile of crap - Goodwin was around the stink at Essington too

That would be amazing. F1 + something else would be fine by me, so long as we keep our current first. This draft has some quality prospects that will be available at our pick.

This would be an awesome result, But I feel we would just use it on some else and still not go to the draft with it, but yes we should still add draft quality to the list if we can.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back