Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Is anyone else slightly nervous about going down this route again of trying to get a 28 year-old plus player and giving up
high picks, to try and plug an immediate hole vs. developing Blanck and other recent recruits instead?
Yes we do need urgently a tall key back but a 28 year old? Aim for a fresher/younger recruit for KPD instead even if takes longer for success?

There is always going to be a risk involved, but I would say the major difference now is we have a good base of young players that have demonstrated the they have long careers ahead. It wasn't the same last time around.

Is anyone else slightly nervous about going down this route again of trying to get a 28 year-old plus player and giving up
high picks, to try and plug an immediate hole vs. developing Blanck and other recent recruits instead?
Yes we do need urgently a tall key back but a 28 year old? Aim for a fresher/younger recruit for KPD instead even if takes longer for success?
Not sure I get this line of thinking - chances don't last forever in footy. Trying to plan for the perfect moment to challenge is just shooting yourself in the foot because key players could do ACLs, request trades, fall out of form. If we invest in younger players you don't have any guarantee they'll get anywhere near the level of Barrass, and in the chance that they do it will take quite a few years and then Impey, Sic, Amon are all 32 or 33, Gunston and Breust are long retired, and other guys like Hardwick, Scrimshaw and Chol are starting to slow down.

Plus there's nothing stopping us from getting Barrass and doing what you just said. We gave up first round picks for years and still acquired our core of midfielders in that time, developed them behind older players with everything paying off now.

Not sure how you can post this, and then say Hustwaite - who has clearly been behind Ward (and Morrison and Maginess) for a spot in the midfield or periphery midfield role - shouldn't be traded as he is going to be a 200 gamer for us.
drugs tripping GIF

Because, hard drugs.

Youth doesnt mean talent, we're playing finals now. Why would you pass up getting one of the better defenders in the league and instead back in an unproven 24 year defender who still has massive question marks of making it at AFL level?

Not sure how you can post this, and then say Hustwaite - who has clearly been behind Ward (and Morrison and Maginess) for a spot in the midfield or periphery midfield role - shouldn't be traded as he is going to be a 200 gamer for us.

Let’s see how next year pans out - starting with the horse trading before the draft this November.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

might need another club involved to facilitate the deal?
He has essentially been forced out by wce. He made a handshake agreement that he would get a 2 year extension when he re-signed and a pay increase. Now they have backed out on this and said I'd you want that find someone else. He found us.

First round pick and dgb or 1st and second for barrass and a 3rd

F1 should he enough for Baker.

Richmond need picks for both this season and next, it might not be wise to put all their eggs in this 2024 basket. Though I suppose they could always trade out into next year with a pick from this year.

F1 should he enough for Baker.

Richmond need picks for both this season and next, it might not be wise to put all their eggs in this 2024 basket. Though I suppose they could always trade out into next year with a pick from this year.
The eagles would not give a F1 for baker. My god. That’ll be a top 3 pick.

Serong is an interesting one, would love to keep him but hard to see him get a game with TB and Battle joining in the off season, he would probably net us something decent too...wonder what the club has planned for him.
And Will McCabe enters the equation at some point

To be fair, the vic journos suggesting Richmond will get about 5 first rounders for Bolton baker graham and Rioli are just as silly.
I don't think they're comparable. Victorians aren't as parochial because there are so many clubs here.

In terms of players, I don't think most of the Richmond demands are unreasonable. Bolton is a very fashionable player, high impact forward / mid, AA calibre, kicks goals. Rioli similar, high remand role, has been very good this year. Baker has had better seasons but a late first seems reasonable. I don't really rate Graham but he's a decent enough player. They're all at a good age too, 25/26, plenty of years left.

Plus this thing about developing Blanck is like going back to 2016 or 2017 and saying we should just stick to developing Lovell and Cousins.
Particularly with Blanck's recovery being very sketchy so far...

The phrase 'repeated infections' has very bad repercussions for hopes of a full recovery.

Particularly with Blanck's recovery being very sketchy so far...

The phrase 'repeated infections' has very bad repercussion for full recovery.
For sure, if infection carries on it can cause pretty persistent joint pain and cause the graft to fail. A decent chance he may need another reconstruction if it doesn't settle properly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back