Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

It feels that we have a lot of childhood hawthorn supporters on the list now Battle Ginniven McKenzie Ward who am I missing? Was Chol rocking the brown and gold in the Maasai Mara as a kid?

Seems that the threepeat chickens are coming home to roost.

Edit:
Newc
Maginness
Scrimshaw
Moore
Dear
McCabe
Ramsden

IMG_6752.jpeg

I put in the Cat B reference just the trigger the ? if people get confused. So I am assuming that is a /s take. If not, have you met Jaime Uhr Henry(JUH) the new Giant on Hawks list

PS : also someone has to offset the pessimists pretending to be realists here but yes in general I am half full type of guy

Yeah was familiar. It’s weird I put a winking emoji at the end as my standard way to highlight it being a joke but it doesn’t appear. I edited my post and did it again and it still doesn’t appear.

No to Perryman at the reported 800k over 6 years that port and giants are " apparently/" offering. No way. 550k should be enough.
Salary cap will be increasing over the next few years due to the TV rights. If Hawthorn are to add the change to the contracts the number would grow as the cap increases.

However as we go into the future 850k wont be as jarring as it seems now. Plus they could front load etc

Think if Perryman played in Melbourne more people would be interested in him as a player. The fact there are still three teams interested at the rumored number says a bit.

I also will stress that that number is a media report and who knows where it actually is.

Last year the average AFL player wage was $450k, this is expected to go up to $519k by 2027

You know it’s not 2015 right?
The reported sum isn't quite correct. It's actually not that far from my ' rather exaggerated ' amount.
On a side note, I've watched GWS a couple times and I still don't know who he is. Is he that much better than Harry Morrison? Not sure tbh.

The reported sum isn't quite correct. It's actually not that far from my ' rather exaggerated ' amount.
On a side note, I've watched GWS a couple times and I still don't know who he is. Is he that much better than Harry Morrison? Not sure tbh.
Yes he is

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Couldn't agree more, I think we can sit on our hands for a bit and let the natural development of our side play out.

The only exception I would make is a tall forward, but one that's got a good tank and work rate, some actual forward craft, and is willing to do the dirty stuff. Maybe see what it would take to get JVR out of Melbourne. Jamie Elliot comes to mind but is a complete pipe dream. Aside from that I would give Hardwick another preseason with the forwards.

I think because salary caps and contract values aren't as accessible in the AFL compared to American sports people don't give cap space the consideration it needs, but clubs will come knocking with big $$$ and we need some degree of cap flexibility in those situations, we've seen how that plays out with GCS.

2026 alone will need big raises for Mackenzie, Moore, Newcombe, Weddle, Watson, and maybe even McCabe. Someone will throw 1m+ at Weddle.

I agree 100%. Whilst I like the dash for needs and class, we can't neglect our younger players. What does it do for their morale when new guys come in from other clubs and take spots that they thought they could take? They will be looking for big pay rises and if they can't get spots in the side they may leave. We may get a sugar rush in the short term but you want to build a long term squad. We don't need it decaying.

We should open a separate thread on Harley Reid’s return to Melbourne. It could be 6 years away … but our club loves a bit of long-term planning.
Maybe sams grandparents can hang out with Harley’s and sams second cousins nephew can play Xbox with Harley’s younger brother and we get in that way

Oh another off-season of Essenscum imploding.

Animated GIF

I've got a couple of people saying the same thing, that we're not after Perryman unless he falls into our lap. Our only target now if gettable is Gruzewski.
One guy I trust heaps, the other neither yes or no but found it interesting that he matched my mate's story exactly.

Maybe it's all BS but in my opinion as a plain supporter who knows nothing it makes sense as Perryman would be borderline best22 (ok we can argue that) but Max would slot right in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back