Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Clarke said this year’s first (should be 15 - 18), and next year’s first (15 - 18), for Barrass and their 2025 second (19 - 21)

Sounds fair to me.

Regardless of where we finish this year and hope to finish next year we won't hand over 2 firsts to WC for Barrass. You watch the entire AFL go gaga over how generous Geelong are to hand over pick 16/17 for an injured Bailey Smith.

This years first for Barrass with WCE 3rd rounder coming back and that's us being generous.

I'm 100% against trading a future first, just ask collingwood.

I much rather pay this years First and a Future second in a straight swap.
I doubt very much we will touch our future first with Barrass.

Jay Clarke responds well to the WA media. He reacts and calls into journalism, but I can assure you, all contingencies are being discussed. We are in this for the long term. Stress LONG TERM. We want the relationship with WCE to be very sound. We want WCE to have their face saved.
1725973911469.png

I'm 100% against trading a future first, just ask collingwood.

I much rather pay this years First and a Future second in a straight swap.
I don't want us to pay that much for Barrass but I'm readying myself for the deal to look something like that. We could also trade some fringe players and net another 2nd rounder as well.

Jay Clarke responds well to the WA media. He reacts and calls into journalism, but I can assure you, all contingencies are being discussed. We are in this for the long term. Stress LONG TERM. We want the relationship with WCE to be very sound. We want WCE to have their face saved.

Yeah tops but look what happened will hill, we gave him away cheaply for family reasons and in good faith that if he wanted to come back to Melbourne, we could be in the box seat .

It could happen again one day, that we pay to much now and miss out later for more money.

I’m just going to Reid the room and trust the process here.

Yeah tops but look what happened will hill, we gave him away cheaply for family reasons and in good faith that if he wanted to come back to Melbourne, we could be in the box seat .

It could happen again one day, that we pay to much now and miss out later for more money.

I'm sure Reid is a pipedream and will be the next Judd, Cogs, Whitfield, Shiels, Lynch, McKay etc for this board but I'm not sure those situations are equivalent.

If Reid wants to come back to Vic there is no world he isn't coming to the Hawks because of money imo. We will stump up whatever we need to if he doesn't go 'goo goo ga ga' for the Cats 'lifestyle' or the perceived 'Big 4 Crowds'

As much as I like Hill, he is not a player you build your team around and make your highest paid player. Reid however I believe genuinely is that good

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let’s think this through what Clarky is saying.

The two first round picks sounds a lot but at this stage our first pick will be somewhere around 18 after the academy and FS bids and next year could be a similar pick.

Hawks give
2024 pick 18
2025 pick 20 (if we finish top 4)

Hawks receive

2025 pick 22 (Eagles second round pick assuming they finish bottom 3 again)
And
Tom Barrass

To me that deal sounds about right and what it’s going to take

The two first round picks sounds a lot but at this stage our first pick will be somewhere around 18 after the academy and FS bids and next year could be a similar pick.

Hawks give
2024 pick 18

Hawks receive

And
Tom Barrass

Unless HR single handedly help them rise up the ladder you make a good point

He’s young and very good. Why not I ask?
Supply and demand. For whatever reason, there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of demand for Baz. Teams will bend over backwards for a half decent KPD though (or even shit ones as long as they're huge - see McKay and Rat last year).

Hawks give
2024 pick 18

Hawks receive

And
Tom Barrass

On paper I tend to agree, but there’s a lot to play out in terms of 2025.

The Eagles may rise up the ladder unexpectedly and/or the Hawks may drop down the ladder unexpectedly and the ‘slight pick downgrade’ could easily become quite significant.

I am looking forward to having Barrass but I would prefer not to involve our next years first if possible.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back