Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Make no mistake here a lot of clubs will be watching this Bailey Smith deal extremely closely.

The Dogs and others will know what the offers were so they will be watching very closely how this deal gets done from the cats.

Bevo said a fair bit recently about player managers and how hard it is for clubs to deal with some.

He hinted at threats from some agents and promises of seats at a table to discuss other players coming out of contract if they play ball with players wanting to leave.

Interesting that both BS and JM managed by the same stable have asked to be traded 24 hours apart.

Do we have any players managed by the same agents as Smith and Macrae? I think CJ might be from memory.

Last edited:
Bevo said a fair bit recently about player managers and how hard it is for clubs to deal with some.

He hinted at threats from some agents and promises of seats at a table to discuss other players coming out of contract if they play ball with players wanting to leave.

Interesting that both BS and JM managed by the same stable have asked to be traded 24 hours apart.

Do we have any players managed by the same agents as Smith and Macrae? I think CJ might be from memory.

Max King 👀

Just imagine having your team + it's system come on so well that it is able to halt midseason the chase of it's priority FA. I said it last week but I think our greatest challenge moving forward will be retaining everyone as others come with hug bags of $$$.

RE: Baz
the dark knight batman GIF

Just imagine having your team + it's system come on so well that it is able to halt midseason the chase of it's priority FA. I said it last week but I think our greatest challenge moving forward will be retaining everyone as others come with hug bags of $$$.
you create the environment and everyone wants to come, not leave.

The last few years has shown the significant majority of better FAs stay, not leave

Well Smith isn't a Free Agent. And I think we absolutely should be prioritising signing FAs because they cost nothing in draft hand so you bring them in and still draft a kid. We've signed 3 of the best Free Agents already in Battle, Nash and Hardwick and I think we're still in it for Perryman. No better way to improve your list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well Smith isn't a Free Agent. And I think we absolutely should be prioritising signing FAs because they cost nothing in draft hand so you bring them in and still draft a kid. We've signed 3 of the best Free Agents already in Battle, Nash and Hardwick and I think we're still in it for Perryman. No better way to improve your list.
Correct I should've said our main target

Think we need to put out feelers of a 2 year offer on good coin to Jake Stringer.

After being so badly scarred by the D'Ambrosio trade you just know they will jump and then up their offer to keep him.

Which is exactly what we want!

Think we need to put out feelers of a 2 year offer on good coin to Jake Stringer.

After being so badly scarred by the D'Ambrosio trade you just know they will jump and then up their offer to keep him.

Which is exactly what we want!
NGL, you had me in the first half!

I really hope the AFL scrutinize this Bailey Smith deal heavily with cotton on etc. Will they have the behind the scenes look at trade week and discuss this dodgy contract, that was done on Fox Footy

I really hope the AFL scrutinize this Bailey Smith deal heavily with cotton on etc. Will they have the behind the scenes look at trade week and discuss this dodgy contract, that was done on Fox Footy

I hate to give credit to the NRL - but when the Storm salary cap debacle came out they owned it and took very harsh action which needed to happen. If the AFL found anything the Fagg's Mitre 10 would be sold out of brooms within minutes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back