Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Outside of Day in the middle, we're quite thin on class, aren't we?

We've probably reached the point where we have to be more precise with the players we bring in; the holes are a lot smaller than they were last year.

Is Perryman the extra class we need, or is he simply a solid, versatile player?
Heā€™s an upgrade on Morrison and Mcguiness (both good last night) and ward and McKenzie (who should improve). Heā€™ll cost more than any of those, but would improve our side.

We need a key forward as a priority.

I think itā€™s weird to go after Barrass after Battle has already committed. Our defense held up last night. Sicily nearly turned the game in the last. Dear (developing) Gunston (finishing up) didnā€™t give enough forward for the first 3 quarters.
Not sure that portā€™s Georgiadis takes those marks with barrass in the picture

Don't need to go all hail Mary after a 3 point loss in a semi in a hostile environment against a team that finished second! Mackenzie and Day are inside mids that would've come in handy last night , I also said to a mate a few weeks ago that somewhere along the line we gonna miss the big presence of Lewis, he's no slouch plus Frosty is extremely important for both structure and experience. Add Battle and Barras to those and we're cooking. Big things are ahead for this group next year onwards.
Sic could play frwd till Lewis is ready and then we could do the swap if needed.
You absolutely nailed it on all fronts with this post. Having both Mackenzie and Day change the way we move the ball and as you could see by last nights game and even against the Dogs our midfielders just don't have the same time / class as Mackenzie and Day and there seemed to be a lot of hack kicks forward.

As for Lewis I do feel for him because the poor guy hasn't had the opportunity to experience the huge amount of i50s we had this season. I was gutted for the big guy when he did his ACL but I do believe that ligament was compromised and was going to go at some point as it was the same one he did in the prior preseason in which the reported he only sprained it. You could just tell by the way he was moving and all the other soft tissue injuries he was getting that something wasn't totally right and IMO it all points back to when he so called sprained that ACL. I'm bullish that we're going to see the old Mitch towards the back half of next season and if that happens then look out.

Also agree that we will see Sicily play forward but we do have to keep in mind that he has to have a shoulder reconstruction which you'd think would be booked in ASAP as it's a 6 month recovery. Hopefully he'll still get to do most of what will likely be a modified preseason for him which you'd think will include a lot of swimming.

You absolutely nailed it on all fronts with this post. Having both Mackenzie and Day change the way we move the ball and as you could see by last nights game and even against the Dogs our midfielders just don't have the same time / class as Mackenzie and Day and there seemed to be a lot of hack kicks forward.

As for Lewis I do feel for him because the poor guy hasn't had the opportunity to experience the huge amount of i50s we had this season. I was gutted for the big guy when he did his ACL but I do believe that ligament was compromised and was going to go at some point as it was the same one he did in the prior preseason in which the reported he only sprained it. You could just tell by the way he was moving and all the other soft tissue injuries he was getting that something wasn't totally right and IMO it all points back to when he so called sprained that ACL. I'm bullish that we're going to see the old Mitch towards the back half of next season and if that happens then look out.

Also agree that we will see Sicily play forward but we do have to keep in mind that he has to have a shoulder reconstruction which you'd think would be booked in ASAP as it's a 6 month recovery. Hopefully he'll still get to do most of what will likely be a modified preseason for him which you'd think will include a lot of swimming.

Its scary to think that that is Sicily playing with a compromised shoulder.

When does Perryman announce that he is signing with us?

Its scary to think that that is Sicily playing with a compromised shoulder.

When does Perryman announce that he is signing with us?
I don't think he will. Apparently has around 150k to 200k more per season on the table from Port. He'd really want to play Hokball pretty bad if the $$$ on offer is correct.

Yep, Mackenzie has time with the ball , that look up before release alas his coach, he's 20!! Day , on the other hand has great seperation once he gets clean ball, slices through with his running which reminds me of Isaac, but as a inside mid. Two very different midfielders to what we had on the weekend.
Lewis, well, I agree that he'd monster the opposition and even if he's taken out , it would have to be the best defender of the opposition to do that, which leaves Chol and Cal to play on second and third options. Sicily? He's just a gun wherever he plays. Love the captain.

Pick 12 for Noble isn't actually a thing. I believe Sam Edmund originally went with it, but later backtracked on SEN, saying it was his take on the haggling process. In no world is that close to Noble's value. Pick 30-35 would be closer to the mark.

Harry Morrison will have a tough decision to make. Does he sign on with us to remain a fringe player? Or try to secure a longer term contract with more senior opportunities elsewhere?

My feel is that Serong will be traded. His opportunities will be very limited with the inclusions of Battle and Barrass, Frost and Blanck to return from injury, and a very promising Will McCabe developing in a similar role.

Outside of Day in the middle, we're quite thin on class, aren't we?

We've probably reached the point where we have to be more precise with the players we bring in; the holes are a lot smaller than they were last year.

Is Perryman the extra class we need, or is he simply a solid, versatile player?
Yep agree need a centre square mid with genuine speed. I reckon we need another gun winger too.

Pick 12 for Noble isn't actually a thing. I believe Sam Edmund originally went with it, but later backtracked on SEN, saying it was his take on the haggling process. In no world is that close to Noble's value. Pick 30-35 would be closer to the mark.

Harry Morrison will have a tough decision to make. Does he sign on with us to remain a fringe player? Or try to secure a longer term contract with more senior opportunities elsewhere?

My feel is that Serong will be traded. His opportunities will be very limited with the inclusions of Battle and Barrass, Frost and Blanck to return from injury, and a very promising Will McCabe developing in a similar role.
I think Serong has a higher ceiling than Blanck. He's a beautiful kick of the ball.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heā€™s an upgrade on Morrison and Mcguiness (both good last night) and ward and McKenzie (who should improve). Heā€™ll cost more than any of those, but would improve our side.
id argue both Finn and Harry M had better semi-finals than Perryman did. Different game I know, but outsiders are not always better than what we already have...

id argue both Finn and Harry M had better semi-finals than Perryman did. Different game I know, but outsiders are not always better than what we already have...

This is what I think re perryman.

Hawks had two balls in the air with both Smith and Perryman at the start of the year. I canā€™t see us in any sort of bidding war for Perryman. I feel we have plenty of perryman type players on our list as it is.

His management will be using Hawks as the bait and if they can get him an extra 1500k-200k a year from another club then bravo to them and well played to Harry.

Imagine Barrass takes up our first pick and more. And we want likely want to trade back into top 25 given talls around - our F1 likely used (but will be devalued given our finals run).

Doesnā€™t leave much left - our pick 30 may be gone as well (or downgraded) in Barrass trade and Harry m wonā€™t get as anything as FA (given battle coming in) and serong etc not worth much.

Our backline looks pretty good with battle and barrass (but reckon frost get pushed out of 22). Probably then forward line talls is the area that needs work particularly so try Gunston likely playing less in ā€˜25 (he had a big impact this year).

A lot then rests on ability to push Sicily, weddle, maybe battle up field, further develop dear, get Lewis in park (does he fit our style? Dunno). The wildcard is McCabe but needs a preseason or 3. Will be a fascinating watch.

Another gun mid with class and pace would help but not sure where we get that - wonā€™t be draft from in next 2 years and not as positive on what we have. Possibly a FA / trade priority for end of 2025?

Not sure that portā€™s Georgiadis takes those marks with barrass in the picture
I actually thought Serong did well for the most part, it was a big ask to step after in a final in adelaide with our mids (Newc aside) giving away too many clean looks at passes for port.
For mine, and just my view, a tall 21 year old who stands up like he did the bulk of the night is a hard keep.

Imagine Barrass takes up our first pick and more. And we want likely want to trade back into top 25 given talls around - our F1 likely used (but will be devalued given our finals run).

Doesnā€™t leave much left - our pick 30 may be gone as well (or downgraded) in Barrass trade and Harry m wonā€™t get as anything as FA (given battle coming in) and serong etc not worth much.

Our backline looks pretty good with battle and barrass (but reckon frost get pushed out of 22). Probably then forward line talls is the area that needs work particularly so try Gunston likely playing less in ā€˜25 (he had a big impact this year).

A lot then rests on ability to push Sicily, weddle, maybe battle up field, further develop dear, get Lewis in park (does he fit our style? Dunno). The wildcard is McCabe but needs a preseason or 3. Will be a fascinating watch.

Another gun mid with class and pace would help but not sure where we get that - wonā€™t be draft from in next 2 years and not as positive on what we have. Possibly a FA / trade priority for end of 2025?
Given Scrims improvement this year I would think he is worth looking at in the forward line. He reads play beautifully and this means we have battle, barras, sis, Weddle, hardwick and aamon down back plus good depth coverage.

Pick 12 for Noble makes perfect sense when you factor in that itā€™s the Suns who are the dumbest club in the league when it comes to trading/cap management.
This true. The Suns are kinda like that rich kid always having mummy + daddy bail them out when things get too tough. It will be interesting to see if they get cut off once Tassy come in.

Frost, Barrass and Sicily are all 29-31 next season (note that says season - I know Barrass will be 30 after the season ends). For mine Serong stays if heā€™s willing to bide his time. If a crazy good offer comes in for him and he wants to go - fine - but 3 of our prime defenders are going to be at the end of their playing days so if Serong wants to ply his trade here Iā€™m all for it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back