Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Battle and Barrass free up Sicily and potentially Hardwick which gives us way more firepower.

Agreed though, we need a long down the line outlet i.e. Mitch Lewis to come back healthy
We will still need Dimma to play on the oppositions best small forward unless Shammy really lifts his game.

My favourite time of year: waiting for RnL's cryptic goodness!

Even if it's a pun eluding to Barrass coming across- Can't wait!

I could be wrong but I think it was mooted here that RnL is employed at the club now so wouldn’t be posting updates.

Edit: I was wrong.

Last edited:
I could be wrong but I think it was mooted here that RnL is employed at the club now so wouldn’t be posting updates.
200.gif

Mfw

Curve ball.
Skipworth expected to the WC gig.
What if he strolls in there and says Barrass is going nowhere?
Interesting few weeks to play out.

Sam Mitchell has proven that the basis for a rebuild is to hit the draft hard for 2-3 years. Eagles aren’t keeping Barrass when Tassie will compromise the draft in 2 years time

Curve ball.

Then the Eagles go to the draft with 2 picks inside the top 40. After 1 pick landing last year.

They need young talent - outside of Harley it is very bare

I thought he stopped posting because of the minority **** head collective that feel the need to bash our ITK’s until they don’t post anymore?

Curve ball.
I’ve heard one of the coaching candidates is keen on keeping Tom but it’s not Skipworth. Wouldn’t expect the new coach to be able to change his mind or have much say in trade value either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is no guarantee that our development will be linear.

The Dees wasted 2019 and 2020 before saluting in 2021, Collingwood jumped up in 2018/19 before going again in 2022/23 and Richmond screwed around in 2014, 15 and 16 before getting the shit together in 2017.

Given the Hawks age profile it would not surprise me in the slightest if we regressed for a year or two. Giving up high picks for a short term need just screams danger, danger…

This is not a Hawthorn 2012 situation
Geelong 2004 - wilderness 05 and 06
Hawthorn 2007-8 - wilderness 09 and 10

Pretty common for teams to have a few years inbetween their first finals charge.

The deal for Barrass is already agreed that’s how this works he doesn’t nominate without having that surety. The only variable was where we finished but those contingent trades would have been agreed. No coach but especially a rookie one comes in and changes the list management strategy without club support. The eagles know they lack young talent this trade happens and early. The most likely scenario is 13 plus a future second with their r4 pick 59 coming back. A pick swap of r2/3 is only adding a late pick in terms of points value that’s not enough. I’m ok to overpay a little he’s a gun and we get battle for free so holistically viewed it works.

Curve ball.
Skipworth a good choice as a development coach. West Coast know moving on Barrass is in their best interests they don't want him and McGovern holding key positions and then leaving them in a hole at retirement.

Skipworth a good choice as a development coach. West Coast know moving on Barrass is in their best interests they don't want him and McGovern holding key positions and then leaving them in a hole at retirement.
If that's the case I can't help but think they'll push for Serong.

If St Kilda and WCE start pushing hard for him I wonder what he is worth

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back