List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks for sharing the insight mate - always great hearing insiders viewpoints. Any other thoughts/comments from your mate re the Crows youngsters we have brought in in recent years?
Wasn’t happy that Dowling took so long to get in the afl side earlier in the year, but not much else sorry! Should get a bit more closer to draft day

I think the possibility Himmelberg was leaving is what probably led to us giving Toby a tryout before giving him the rookie spot especially when he put 18 months as a condition of getting taken in the MSD. That would likely have put a lot of clubs off methinks.
Also smart business in getting long term buy in with both brothers here as they seem very close.

All I'll say if his source doesn't rate Logan Smith a better lead ruck prospect than Toby Murray then I question his sources ratings. Logan Smith was the other ruck to make the U18's AA team this year.
That’s your opinion and it’s fine, I posted it largely for your opinion as I know you see plenty of these guys. It was just a perspective I had not heard before, so was curious if others shared it. This source has worked in recruiting for a decade and has seen far more vision of these guys than most of us ever have, so when I heard this I thought it was worth sharing.

Keen to hear the thoughts from people that watched Sanfl closely this year if Toby Murray could be developed into our next ruck?

After having a chat to my mate in recruiting who scouted Murray for the MSD, he sees him as a potential number one ruck at AFL level. Also said this isn’t a great ruck draft after Dodson (Sydney very keen on him) and that Murray would be better than anyone else after Dodson in this draft pool.
You should ask BACCS

All I'll say if his source doesn't rate Logan Smith a better lead ruck prospect than Toby Murray then I question his sources ratings. Logan Smith was the other ruck to make the U18's AA team this year.

Might have simply not included Logan Smith as he's not in the open pool.

Might have simply not included Logan Smith as he's not in the open pool.
He is until someone bids on him and the Giants have pretty decent young ruck depth in Nick Madden who's been highly competitive in the VFL already. There's other rucks as well invited to the Combines in Aiden Riddle, Floyd Burmeister , Lucas Impey, Jordan Doherty, Zac Harding so other recruiters obviously rate them worth a look. Personally I think Floyd Burmeister has more potential than Toby Murray in the Forward/ruck category, similarly raw at the same age but an X factor athlete with a lot of physical growth to come.

Can we pay out Smith and still have him in our SANFL side?

He would be doing essentially the same thing and be paid the same but he wouldn't be on our list.
It really was a shocker of a call to get him to the trigger for this year. Should have managed him so he was able to have a farewell game at our last home game of the season where the crowd could have given him the appreciation his career deserved as up until only very recently he was a super player for us over a long period

It really was a shocker of a call to get him to the trigger for this year. Should have managed him so he was able to have a farewell game at our last home game of the season where the crowd could have given him the appreciation his career deserved as up until only very recently he was a super player for us over a long period
WaynesWorld19 you haven’t offered an opinion to Nicks getting him to his trigger and then dropping him. Surely if you’re advocating Nicks as a good coach decisions like this need to be taken into account? Similar to pushing Hinge out of defence to accommodate Laird.

Or doesn’t your critical thinking allow you to comment on Nicks negatives?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Keen to hear the thoughts from people that watched Sanfl closely this year if Toby Murray could be developed into our next ruck?

After having a chat to my mate in recruiting who scouted Murray for the MSD, he sees him as a potential number one ruck at AFL level. Also said this isn’t a great ruck draft after Dodson (Sydney very keen on him) and that Murray would be better than anyone else after Dodson in this draft pool.
I would like them to develop him as a ruckman who can push forward, his size and aggression in the middle would be an asset.

Can we pay out Smith and still have him in our SANFL side?

He would be doing essentially the same thing and be paid the same but he wouldn't be on our list.
Would have thought so... which would be the common sense move.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back