List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

What a silly notion that 1%'s equate to aggression.

1%'s come from 4 different acts. Knock Ons, Spoils, Smothers and Shepards.

Majority of ROB's 1% would come from spoils as we kick out to him on defensive wing after a point or a knock on in the middle.
Most of those spoils would be attempted marks........

Yeah but you believe he's better than peak Rehn too. Every ROB replacement trade suggestion you shoot down in flames.

I've never seen anyone simp so hard over such an average player.
Bullshit
I'm open to recruiting another ruck and if you check my posting you'd be well aware of that fact. The problem is most of the names put forward are either unrealistic or not an upgrade on ROB whether you believe it or not

Our ruck situation should have been attended to at least 3 or 4 years ago by bringing in a young developing ruck to takeover from ROB around about now or next year when he"s out of contract.

The latest one that you guys seem to favour Draper is contracted until 2025 after which he becomes a free agent so obviously that would be when to go after him though he won't come cheap as a restricted free agent.

There are several options that would be worth a look that wouldn't cost the earth and I think 2 are out of contract at this point Max Knobel and Max Heath along with Max Ramsden.

And I'd still look at youngster Flynn Penry as a developing ruck possibly available as a rookie.

Which of our inexperienced players are responsible for our year? Max, Nank, Worrell, Soligo, Thilthorpe, Rach, Murray, Taylor, Dowling, Bond?

How did they stack up against ROB, Laird, Tex, Smith, Murphy, Jones, McHenry?

How about Nicks and the other coaches?
Look, better to leave nicks alone. Of the current active AFL coaches, he is just inside the current top 20 coaches in the league so there is that

Yeah, rightio.

Imagine ROB snapping goals like this.
Lol, how about that time he didn't make the distance from 25m out? Or when he hit the post from the edge of the square?

And that's just games against us!

He's 5% amazing and 95% shithouse and doesn't fix our problems.

Lol, how about that time he didn't make the distance from 25m out? Or when he hit the post from the edge of the square?

And that's just games against us!

He's 5% amazing and 95% shithouse and doesn't fix our problems.
If we post videos of AFL players missing easy goals, we will be here until next century.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bullshit
I'm open to recruiting another ruck and if you check my posting you'd be well aware of that fact. The problem is most of the names put forward are either unrealistic or not an upgrade on ROB whether you believe it or not

Our ruck situation should have been attended to at least 3 or 4 years ago by bringing in a young developing ruck to takeover from ROB around about now or next year when he"s out of contract.

The latest one that you guys seem to favour Draper is contracted until 2025 after which he becomes a free agent so obviously that would be when to go after him though he won't come cheap as a restricted free agent.

There are several options that would be worth a look that wouldn't cost the earth and I think 2 are out of contract at this point Max Knobel and Max Heath along with Max Ramsden.

And I'd still look at youngster Flynn Penry as a developing ruck possibly available as a rookie.
It amazes me that you can seen such a glaring list deficiency and yet you won’t hear a bad word against those responsible

Can we pay out Smith and still have him in our SANFL side?

He would be doing essentially the same thing and be paid the same but he wouldn't be on our list.

Why do we care if he remains in our SANFL side, just pay him out and use the list spot on anybody who might have at least a small hope of improving our 23 at some stage in the future.

The answer for those playing at home is that we were 16th on the experience ladder in 2024, yet our ladder position was 15th, so we out performed our experience by 1 place on the ladder.
none of that matters if the rest of the comp isn’t performing according to the experience ladder. How experienced were hawthorn or Richmond?

Older than Hawthorn in both age and experience (they won a final).

Older than Fremantle in both age and experience (they were a game out of the finals).

Ok, lets do something more than a kindy level analysis here. Lets look at a bit bigger window of time, I'm doing the last two years, and look at the data a bit more carefully.

Age stats
Club, 2023 (ladder pos) , 2024 (ladder pos) , change
Adl, 24.8 (16), 24.8 (16), -
Fre, 24.6 (17), 25.0 (14), +0.4
Haw, 24.3 (18), 25.0 (15), +0.7

Experience stats
Club, 2023 (ladder pos) , 2024 (ladder pos), change
Adl, 83.0 (16), 79.7 (17), -3.3
Fre, 75.5 (17), 87.0 (15), +11.5
Haw, 70.9 (18), 91.0(14), +20.1

AFL ladder position stats
Club, 2023, 2024, average, change
Adl, 10*, 15, 12.5, -5
Fre, 14, 10, 12, +4
Haw, 16, 7, 11.5, +9

So if we look at the average AFL ladder positions over the last two years, Adl are 12.5 (11.5 if we get paid that goal against syd and win the game), 12 for Freo and 11.5 for Hawthorn. All pretty similar. At the same time, our positions on the age and experience ladders are all around 15 or 16 mark, which means all three teams our performing above expectation.

Which is to say our friend above has cherry picked the two teams and the one year to make his argument look best.

Also, lets look to see if we can find any explanations why we went backwards and Freo and Haw went forwards.
Lets look at the changes in age and experience from the 2023 and 2024 seasons.

Adel Age was no change, experience went backwards by 3.3 games. Adl ladder pos went -5.
Freo got older by 0.4 of a year and added 11.5 games of experience. Freo ladder pos went +4.
Haw got older by 0.7 of a year and added 20 games of experience. Haw ladder pos went +9.

But nothing to see here folks, absolutely no correlations or anything, its nothing to do with age or experience or lack of important players, no its all to do with Nix and Hamish and Reid and the club and anything else the bedwetting cartel wants to wet the bed about.

Ok, lets do something more than a kindy level analysis here. Lets look at a bit bigger window of time, I'm doing the last two years, and look at the data a bit more carefully.

Age stats
Club, 2023 (ladder pos) , 2024 (ladder pos) , change
Adl, 24.8 (16), 24.8 (16), -
Fre, 24.6 (17), 25.0 (14), +0.4
Haw, 24.3 (18), 25.0 (15), +0.7

Experience stats
Club, 2023 (ladder pos) , 2024 (ladder pos), change
Adl, 83.0 (16), 79.7 (17), -3.3
Fre, 75.5 (17), 87.0 (15), +11.5
Haw, 70.9 (18), 91.0(14), +20.1

AFL ladder position stats
Club, 2023, 2024, average, change
Adl, 10*, 15, 12.5, -5
Fre, 14, 10, 12, +4
Haw, 16, 7, 11.5, +9

So if we look at the average AFL ladder positions over the last two years, Adl are 12.5 (11.5 if we get paid that goal against syd and win the game), 12 for Freo and 11.5 for Hawthorn. All pretty similar. At the same time, our positions on the age and experience ladders are all around 15 or 16 mark, which means all three teams our performing above expectation.

Which is to say our friend above has cherry picked the two teams and the one year to make his argument look best.

Also, lets look to see if we can find any explanations why we went backwards and Freo and Haw went forwards.
Lets look at the changes in age and experience from the 2023 and 2024 seasons.

Adel Age was no change, experience went backwards by 3.3 games. Adl ladder pos went -5.
Freo got older by 0.4 of a year and added 11.5 games of experience. Freo ladder pos went +4.
Haw got older by 0.7 of a year and added 20 games of experience. Haw ladder pos went +9.

But nothing to see here folks, absolutely no correlations or anything, its nothing to do with age or experience or lack of important players, no its all to do with Nix and Hamish and Reid and the club and anything else the bedwetting cartel wants to wet the bed about.
Lol, on one hand you're accusing him of cherry picking stats and on the other you're changing history because you didn't like the result of a certain game.

I know whose analysis stands up better and it sure as shit isn't yours

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back