List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Rowey who probably wouldn't know but Campo who should have a good handle on this year's players think Dodson won't go until the 20's? Our f1 is alot for that kind of pick. There should be a cheaper way of doing it
they might split the F1 to get a late first this year and a projected late first next year

I take it you've never seen him play

Does he get lots of AFL fantasy points???

I would prefer we get our ruckman from the rookie list or a cheap trade. You know like all of the premiership teams over the past decade have done.

Over the past 10 years - here are your premiership ruckman Darcy Fort, Mason Cox, Rhys Stanley, Max Gawn, Nankervis/Soldo, Lycett/Vardy, Jordan Roughead, McEvoy/Hale. You wanna tell me its a good idea to invest a first round pick into the Ruck position?

they might split the F1 to get a late first this year and a projected late first next year
Surely no team would do that.
I think it's up to the team who wants in to this draft (known quantity) to overpay for a pick.
Accepting futures which aren't a round earlier, is a huge risk for another club. They don't benefit now, and they might end up looking really silly next year if he other team (in this case is) has a spike.

I would prefer we get our ruckman from the rookie list or a cheap trade. You know like all of the premiership teams over the past decade have done.

Over the past 10 years - here are your premiership ruckman Darcy Fort, Mason Cox, Rhys Stanley, Max Gawn, Nankervis/Soldo, Lycett/Vardy, Jordan Roughead, McEvoy/Hale. You wanna tell me its a good idea to invest a first round pick into the Ruck position?
What the premiership ruck list tells me is we need a Geelong reject ruckman

We were going to use a first last year on Taylor Goad, who absolutely smashed it at the combine. Well he struggled to get 3 touches a game in the VFL this year.

Now he might well turn out to be a really good player, but it won’t be for 5 years so I’m glad North trumped us, and If you redid the draft now he wouldn’t go top 40. Trading next years 1st to get Dodson would be absolute folly.

If we trade our future first for GC pick 12 I’m picking another mid or at the very least mid-forward every day of the week. I’m sure Dodson will be a good player but I don’t think we should be reaching with our picks leading up to Tassie entering the comp.
The dream would be if we did that, having Travaglia there at that pick

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back