List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

That interests me, if he's not just a ruckman what else is he, can't say I've seen him play anywhere else much?

Can't see AFL clubs looking at him as anything other than a top ruck prospect?
Speaking to the Sturt development guys they do see him as a ruck that can play forward. Hasnt translated on field currently but its something they worked on pretty hard during the year.

It'll also be interesting to see how he develops after devoting to footy full time. He is still pretty new to the game.

How many mids do we need? We have been stocking up on them for the last few years. We are now going to take another one this year with pick four which is great, but I think we have every right to take non mids with any other picks this year.

We can only fit so many guys in the middle, no point having 20 mids on our list when most will either have to play in another role or in the SANFL. We often end up having to play mids as small forwards as we can't fit them in the middle. How about we actually draft a small forward who can play there.

I agree that a first rounder is probably a bit early for a ruck, but if you can get a potential long term quality option then I am happy to take him at that range. We need to bring in a young project ruck this year one way or another. And then next year we need to replace Stachan with a younger back up option.
I agree but I have to ask the question...do we have an elite midfield. If we had an Oliver and a Petracca then sure mids could drop down our list of requirements, but we dont. We have some potentially good mids so there is a need to get our hands on some potentially elite mids.

LOL

Jarrod Berry ...We wish
If we go back to pick 15 of the 2016 draft, we could have picked Jarrod Berry instead of Jordan Gallucci ... The joys of 20/20 hindsight, but the wish could have been a reality. That 2nd rounder we traded to GWS could have been used on Tom Stewart (instead of Curtly Hampton), and the 3rd rounder we used on Myles Poholke could have gotten us Darcy Cameron. If we go a little bit deeper into that draft, Matthew Signorello could have been Luke Ryan and Ben Davis could have been Jack Henry or several other options who are still playing AFL.

Last edited:
Not about us, but its port pushing houston out for draft picks, not him demanding to leave. Davies essentially confirming this

I don’t think Port will get a top 10 pick for Houston imo. I actually reckon they’ll struggle to get Luko and struggle to get value for Soldo

I don’t think Port will get a top 10 pick for Houston imo. I actually reckon they’ll struggle to get Luko and struggle to get value for Soldo
Nah port always manage to find a way.
They’ll get a first round pick for Houston (either this or next year )
And they’ll pay a second round pick for luko .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They wont get a top 10 pick for Houston. No one is going to gift any club let alone Port a top 15 pick this year just so Port can get Luko with their future first and get into the draft this year. The only offers Port will get are future firsts because this is one draft every club wants in on. If Port took the pain this year and didnt trade this years pick away, theyd probably have a top 10 pick, have put games into their younger players and get Luko and the Houston trade would be a non event. They could have really got some great talent into the club. Instead, well here we are.

Nah port always manage to find a way.
They’ll get a first round pick for Houston (either this or next year )
And they’ll pay a second round pick for luko .

Nah Luko will be a first. you wont get a pre peak 2nd national draft pick and 116 games of experience for a 2nd rounder. If they get him that cheap that the AFL should actually refuse the trade under the fairness act because Gold Coast are accepting AFL money and shouldnt be trading talent stupid cheap.

Luko is worth more than Houston. 28yo 3-4 years tops compared with a 24yo 8 year player. So there is no way Houston fetches a first rounder and luko doesnt.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back