List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Adam Kelly:

Pick 25 for ANB? "I think it would be fair to say that that will be part of any deal that we do."

Expect to lose/trade anyone? "We don't but ... who knows what happens during trade period."

Any other trade targets: "As we stand here today, the players that we've targeted are the ones we've spoken about (Cumming, Peatling, ANB) but what happens in the next week or two, who would know."

Changes to coaching dept or footy dept due to Murray Davis arrival? "The one thing we have to acknowledge is that as soon as you make a call to bring in someone of that seniority in what is a totally constrained soft cap environment, that has the potential to have a squeeze somewhere else. We're still working through that. It's only been this week that we've been able to secure Murray so we still have to work through that."

Graham Wright? "Given Graham's experience and successes in the game he is one of the most respected football administrators and for very good reason. And given that, there'd be a lot of organisations exploring the opportunity of having Graham join them. So I don't know what the likelihood would be but I know it would be pretty competitive as far as trying to attract his services."

Sid Draper
"Early days there may have been some conversations more with this management. What happens across the year, and particularly this time of the year, there's a lot of misinformation. We're quite pleased to see Sid come out and set that straight."

Peatling: "We love his competitiveness and we love the speed that he brings in, his agility. He stood up in some finals as well. He's someone who's on a really strong trajectory now that he's been given opportunity and we see that with even more opportunity with us, that he can take his game to another level."

Keeping pick 4: "What has been important to us is protecting pick four ... we've got a lot of confidence in this year's draft and especially at that pointy end of the draft so that's been pleasing that we haven't had to part with that as a part of the negotiations."
The answers got better as the interview went on.

or
ANB for 25 and a third back
Peatling for F2

Our F1 for Pick 17 and Sydneys F1. Unfortunately 17 still might not get dodson given how much it will slide.
assuming we manufacture list spots

prefer your trade but dont think gws would do that in case we finish above them
As I said... other similar variations.

Why were so many games spent on McHenry and Hammil this year, when it was clear they were going to be delisted....
McHenry only played 1 game after R10. Hamill mostly played on an "as needed" basis all season, with no games after R16.

It's not as if their cards were marked before the start of the season. They were phased out once the decision was made that they were no longer required.

Every club delists players who played AFL games during the season. If anything, the 31 AFL games played by our departing players is on the low side.

2018 & 2019 drafts were monumental f**k ups for the crows. Only good player to really come out of those 2 years was Worrell, and even then he had to wait a few years to play in the main team
2014-17 very very lean as well. Explains why we have had so many gaps in our mature-age list.

Recent drafting looks a lot better, so hopefully they continue to kick on

Murray picked in the midseason rookie draft

So could think of him replacing Parnell or Hamill
We were able to pick him up due to Sloane retiring

In - Murray (Rookie) Out - Sloane
In - Peatling Out - Himmelberg
In - Cumming Out - McHenry
In - Neale Bullen Out - Hamill (rookie)
In - Pick 4 Out - Gollant
In - one more pick either rookie or national draft - Out PArnell (Rookie)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why were so many games spent on McHenry and Hammil this year, when it was clear they were going to be delisted....
Hamill is unlucky as clearly deserved to be kept ahead of a cooked Smith.

McHenry didn't play too many games before we stamped his card.

One of the strongest depth drafts in years and we are likely only taking one pick and a f/s

I'd be trying to push out some contracted players, the issue is there's a lot of bog average players on the list.

I'm actually shocked more teams aren't coming for Butts, North should be desperate, Essendon even.

Would've preferred Smith to go before Hamill. I think he should've stayed as he was very good in a few of our wins, and would be very handy against the likes of Hawthorn who have fleet-footed forwards. Laird's another who should've gone IMHO as he now just panics when he has the ball, and with Peatling and Cumming now in, I don't see how we can play him in the seniors.
I think Laird will be top 5 at the B&F. Maybe even top 3.

We gave Ned a block of games early in the season, I suspect we basically said to him “show us what you’ve got or you’re gone”.
Same should have applied to Murphy!

McHenry only played 1 game after R10. Hamill mostly played on an "as needed" basis all season, with no games after R16.

It's not as if their cards were marked before the start of the season. They were phased out once the decision was made that they were no longer required.

Every club delists players who played AFL games during the season. If anything, the 31 AFL games played by our departing players is on the low side.
Weren't there only three listed players who didn't get games?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back