List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Should the AFC offer Taylor Walker a contract for 2025?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

We’re talking in this very thread about how dumb it would be to give up significant draft capital for Petty. Collingwood are in the same position with Keane, except he’s guaranteed to go to them for free if they hold out a year.
Maybe they are in a different position to us in terms of their premiership window. We seem to be years away potentially still where they may only need a couple of better players to get them right back up to the pointy end to challenge. It might be much more beneficial to them to bring a guy like Keane in to sort out a problem spot that save a future draft pick than it is for us to bring in a guy like Petty now with where we are at (needing top end midfielders so badly) and with the key and mid sizes defenders we also already have on our list. Just different scenarios I think.

Why would Melbourne accept this?

Because petty isn't that good? Even if you rated him before, he's had a terrible year. He's averaging 8.2 disposals a game. And 2.5 clangers a game lol. That's some pretty average numbers. So 5.7 effective disposals per game at best.

Also averaging 0.3 goals a game (4 total goals for the year lol) and 0.2 assists a game as mainly a forward. 1 clearance for the year. The objectively poor output he's had goes on. Biggest bag of goals this year : 1. Biggest number of assists in a game : 1. Frees for 7 frees against 19. Highest number of clangers in a single game 7. Which is impressive considering he's averaging 8 touches a game.

Because petty isn't that good? Even if you rated him before, he's had a terrible year. He's averaging 8.2 disposals a game. And 2.5 clangers a game lol. That's some pretty average numbers. So 5.7 effective disposals per game at best.

Also averaging 0.3 goals a game (4 total goals for the year lol) and 0.2 assists a game as mainly a forward. 1 clearance for the year. The objectively poor output he's had goes on. Biggest bag of goals this year : 1. Biggest number of assists in a game : 1. Frees for 7 frees against 19. Highest number of clangers in a single game 7. Which is impressive considering he's averaging 8 touches a game.
No disputing that but what is offered is even worse.
Melbourne would just keep him.

We can do a player swap instead of draft picks.

example:
petty for borlase
petty for mchenry and late 3rd round pick
Yeah, that isn't happening unless the Dees trade guy is blind drunk!

Let them keep him. He can be their problem. We have enough of our own. I wouldn't be trading anything worthwhile for him. If he wants to come to us when he's out of contract I guess you'd take a chance on him.
Absolutely, I wouldn’t be lifting a finger for him unless they throw him out the door.

Let them keep him. He can be their problem. We have enough of our own. I wouldn't be trading anything worthwhile for him. If he wants to come to us when he's out of contract I guess you'd take a chance on him.
For waaaaay less money than we supposedly offered last year too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Borlase is a Free Agent at the end of the year. He's not getting traded, he can just walk if another team wanted him.
Perhaps the Dees would be interested in him as a backup ruckman lol...

Ollie Dempsey every chance to win the Rising Star - as pick 15 in the 2022 Rookie draft!

Would be some achieved and a great example of why the Cats just keep rolling along near the top

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I would rather Warlord wins it for selfish purposes

Ollie Dempsey every chance to win the Rising Star - as pick 15 in the 2022 Rookie draft!

Would be some achieved and a great example of why the Cats just keep rolling along near the top

And Lawson Humphries - pick 63 last year - playing a fabulous game!

Would we be interested to pry John Noble out of Collingwood?

We’re talking in this very thread about how dumb it would be to give up significant draft capital for Petty. Collingwood are in the same position with Keane, except he’s guaranteed to go to them for free if they hold out a year.
How would they get him for free? Not a free agent next year or the year after or the one after that.

Right now they have Frampton as a 1st choice key back, so Keane is a need for them. Issue is they don't have a 1st round pick this year and they sure as hell aren't going to trade next year's first and not have a 1st round pick 2 years in a row and have just Shulz and Keane to show for it. Their supporters would burn the place down.

If we're honest with ourselves, we probably wouldn't pony up a 1st for Keane either. Will be 25 start of next season, as good an interceptor as he is, he's a very average 1v1 defender. Also could take off back to Ireland to get on the drink again at any time. They're pretty light on picks though, might be the best opportunity we'll get to winkle Beau McCreery out of there; exactly what we don't have, monster upgrade on Murphy.

Last edited:

List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Back