Preview 2024 Rd 20 Carlton vs Port Adelaide Friday 26th July 7:40PM AEST @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Side looks great considering the injuries .. can’t play Martin after 2 and 3 quarters .only player that could play is probably Boyd and he wasn’t settling the world on fire blues by 69

With where we are at atm, I really just want another 4 points banked with no injuries!
And Jack Martin to knock the door off its hinges in the twos.
He

Can't afford to drop this one ... or any coming up ... otherwise the angry pack will consume us ... and who wants to end up 4th and play Sydney at the SCG ... no one!!

Carlton need a winning run like last season to keep ahead of the mob and finish 2nd.
Don't want to throw that advantage away.

We've had our form drop ... time to crank it up and get some form leading in to finals.
I guess TDK will be chomping at the bit and better with the break to freshen up for when he comes back ... right when we need him

Hmmm, First Crack just said Port have won 10 of their last 11 at Marvel….

Was confident as until I heard that

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

And that one loss was against us by 50 points.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm enjoying the close competition this year. It's a real test of the list Carlton has to work with - clear signals to list management about teh next steps required to improve.

Genuine 50/50 this one a good warm up for next week.

Yes, but that’s a hell of a proper away record at a particular ground
The ground clearly holds no fears for them, plus we aren’t playing our best footy at the moment.

This game is at best 50/50

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yeah but of those wins ...

Rd 17 beat Saints by 2
Rd 7 last year beat Saints by 7
Rd 17 last year beat Dogs by 2
Rd 20 2021 beat GWS - obviously a Covid thing

Beaten North, Hawthorn. Beaten Saints 3 times. Dogs twice.

They did beat Collingwood in 2021 in a Port home game.

It's not like they've beaten many top 8 sides at the time they beat them.

It's a shame because early in his career he was being touted as a future elite wingman and played a lot of good footy there for Freo. What has changed? At the moment his running ability looks to be in fairly poor shape.

The wing kings: Check out the top 12 based on 'pure' numbers
I’ve watched a lot of running over the preseasons he’s been here. He has never had either good pace nor good endurance. I don’t think anything has changed. I’d be stunned if he has ever shown the athletic traits of a wingman.

He’s a footballer. At his best doesn’t funble, hard over the ball, good over head. Good skills. Getting up and back on a wing like Cares hollands or Cotts has never looked likely to me and never will. It’s a myth.

About sums him up. Much like Cuningham. You get a quarter or so that teases and get you excited but the evidence over full games suggest otherwise

As I have said, I am happy for someone to show me any games he has done well as a wingman
Late to the convo, apologies.

If wing isn’t his role then just put him where he tore up the finals last year.

Well win tomorrow no doubt. And then we'll administer the last rites to Pendles and his team in his 400th and then put them out of their misery.
This. I was more nervous before Norf game than this one. Port will be up for the fight (some good midfielders), but we'll get the W.

They haven't beaten us anywhere (Melbourne or Adelaide) since 2021, so why should they tomorrow?

We play anywhere near our best and we win comfortably. If we show the patchy form like we have of late then it will be a dog fight that we hopefully end up on the right side of. They have an elite midfield but holes up forward and down back. They also eventually wilt if you maintain high pressure for long enough. I said that last time we played and stand by it (look how we cracked them last time in the 4th). Their midfield tends to be one way runners so you can expose that when you get periods of dominance and surge from the midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back