Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Final Team is in …

2 Changes

IMG_0952.jpeg
MILESTONE: Nic Newman 100 Carlton Games

IMG_0953.jpeg

Agreed, think it is pretty much official now - we win tomorrow and we play finals. A chance to reset and take on whatever comes next. This season is ridiculous, no clear top echelon, so someone can ride their form (and luck) to a premiership. I'd say not us based on recent form, but there's time to change that if good enough.

Agreed, think it is pretty much official now - we win tomorrow and we play finals. A chance to reset and take on whatever comes next. This season is ridiculous, no clear top echelon, so someone can ride their form (and luck) to a premiership. I'd say not us based on recent form, but there's time to change that if good enough.
This is the sad part very open season we were right up in it even with a poor injury list -- players become available we started to play with the mix and we went to manure- very strange that the chemistry that was building just vanished --

Martin and pitto are probably the only changes for TDK and Fanta to the side the beat geelong .

I think clogging up the HF and HB with players to just fit them in is why we turned sour- same happened last year when we tried to do the same thing till injury came and left us without options but obvious choices ..

very obvious but if we can turn it over between the arcs we win tomorrow .. even though I still believe having no 2nd KPD limits us badly..

Our structure has to be good for this game due to the way the Hawks can break out and move the ball. We have to hit the contests hard. They have 7 players 21 and under, whereas we have 3. We need to rattle their cages.

Beat this mob and that will give a nice bit of breathing space between ourselves, the Hawks, Pies and *.

Don't let this year go to waste Carlton. I'm fully expecting to see a strong response from the players against the Hawks.

Although * won't be beating the Swans or the Lions so i wouldn't be that worried about them.

Hawks haven't really beaten anyone of note lately. Maybe freo but that was in tassie.
Beat Pies 2 weeks ago by 63 pts, we lost to Pies 2 weeks later

They beat Crows, in Adelaide mind you, by 75 pts. We lost to Crows at Marvel. We’ve lost our last 3 against Crows.

Beat Eagles by 61 pts away in Perth.

Wishful thinking my friend, their recent form laps us, we need to bring A+ game for this one to get a win

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The ball is firmly in our court.

Must win game in front of a packed house at the MCG. Perfect conditions. Finals like atmosphere.
  • Win - play finals.
  • Lose - struggle to play finals.
The season is wide open. It has 2016 vibes where any team in the top 8 can win the premiership. The hunger has to be there.

We will see how much this group wants success by what happens today.

If charlie doesn’t play it forces us to try something different and sometimes that’s a good thing. We need more flexibility and depth.

For example we may have forwards that lead more and our ball carriers lower their eyes and not bomb it long in hope.
Spot on, and if this works for us today we have to play this way when Charlie returns. With Harry, Jack and possibly McG up forward, there are plenty of taller targets. Then we have Mots, Williams, Fog and Owies. We should be looking to use them all if they are in a good position to kick to.

The ball is firmly in our court.

Must win game in front of a packed house at the MCG. Perfect conditions. Finals like atmosphere.
  • Win - play finals.
  • Lose - struggle to play finals.
The season is wide open. It has 2016 vibes where any team in the top 8 can win the premiership. The hunger has to be there.

We will see how much this group wants success by what happens today.

For those with longer memories- it has 1993 vibes, although this time at least * won’t be involved.

For those with longer memories- it has 1993 vibes, although this time at least * won’t be involved.
So who are we playing in the GF who whould've lost the Prelim after being 8 goals down?

And was MMcG our 2024 Kerna with that miss?

This is hawthorns biggest game in the last 4 years. This will be extremely tough. They’re playing with flair and fun. We will be trying to slow them down and most like unsuccessfully if you look at our form. This is going to be another sad football afternoon for us bluebaggers. Atleast weve had our full weekend first.

Bring on 2025.

I’m going to be putting my 2025 membership money on hawks to win. Atleast then I’ll get something out of today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back