Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumor summary September 30
  • Cal Twomey confirms we are interested in James Peatling (link)
  • FiveAA claims we are after Scott Borlace, current Head of Development at Brisbane (link)
  • Claims of Rory Sloane heading to Melbourne Demons as a development coach, but maybe not before asking for a job at the Crows first?
  • Inside Trading suggests we are interested in Gold Coast's pick 12 (link)
  • Inside Trading also suggests Clayton Oliver is possibly back on the trade table, but doesn't link him to any specific clubs

Rumor summary October 1
  • We have offered Darcy Fogarty a five year contract extension early ahead of free agency (link)
  • We are attempting to lure Graham Wright to our football department (link)
  • Tom Morris claims the race for Peatling is down to GWS, Adelaide or a Victorian club (link)

Rumor summary October 2
  • Ricciuto claims we will announce a director of coaching this week (link)
  • GWS have upped their offer for Peatling to four years (link)
  • Twomey claims the Peatling decision is down to Adelaide, GWS and Western Bulldogs (link)
  • Graham Wright, who we are chasing as a head of football, is also being chased by Carlton for a CEO position (link)

Last edited:

We made a grand final without him in 2017, and we lost that grand final by 8 goals. Even if he was in Brownlow medal form that year, he wouldn't have made us an 8 goal better side on grand final day.
GFs blow out all the time.

We will never know if his skills in the first half could have stopped the rot setting in.

Dont like it, then ignore me.... if not ill continue to make you look stupid.

Look forward to it.

Tell me more about how Longmire and Fagan thought Peatling was the best player on the ground, but you watched it unimpressed and his 83 fantasy points backed up your eagle eyes.

And I can't block you mate. You are posting (75 posts a day) is like a virus - it infects every thread.

Look forward to it.

Tell me more about how Longmire and Fagan thought Peatling was the best player on the ground, but you watched it unimpressed and his 83 fantasy points backed up your eagle eyes.

And I can't block you mate. You are posting (75 posts a day) is like a virus - it infects every thread.
Actually I thought Peatling was fantastic, and we absolutely should be looking to add him to our list.

Another swing and a miss.

Nice to know you're paying attention

GFs blow out all the time.

We will never know if his skills in the first half could have stopped the rot setting in.
Look its very unlikely, but its like saying "if Smith and Gov hadve played" type of thing. IMO having those 2 available would have made a bigger impact than Gibbs.

And with some serious off-field issues

He’s been a key reason why Melb’s culture has completely disrupted and has dis-stabilised

Is it worth the risk having Oliver amongst our young group ?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I dont disagree its a risk. But our squad isnt good enough to win a flag, even with Cumming, ANB, Pick 4. Dawson is aging. Maybe Oliver isnt the right risk, but I desperately want to see a flag at some point in my life.

Look its very unlikely, but its like saying "if Smith and Gov hadve played" type of thing. IMO having those 2 available would have made a bigger impact than Gibbs.
Look you are right. It is.

But we should never have been in a position to find out.

Gibbs should have been a Crow in 2017.

What is he doing these days, anyway? He'd be getting pretty old... retired by now?
was in the australian rugby union coaching panel as of last year. not sure if he's still there

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont disagree its a risk. But our squad isnt good enough to win a flag, even with Cumming, ANB, Pick 4. Dawson is aging. Maybe Oliver isnt the right risk, but I desperately want to see a flag at some point in my life.

Doesn’t look like we are part of the conversation this time around … but Oliver has a chance to have serious impact in the next 3 years.

If it’s just $$$ not picks, surely we have space if he was interested?

I don’t reckon Davies will have gone public with that if we were close to signing him, he’d hate to be seen as losing out to us again and by mentioning weeks and us supposedly announcing a new senior assistant soon it doesn’t line up.

Agreed.

billy-madison-comedy.gif

Poor old Neil, really got less successful the more he went on.
sadly peaked in 2005 and it steadily got worse from there

It's okay, people can believe what they want.

I'm not too fussed that the thought police disagree with me. People here waste a lot of energy getting upset that someone holds a different view.

Personally, I think our game plan changed far less than did the personnel in place to implement it.

I think for the most part our high pressure, turnover focused, quick and deep entry game was being attempted, but the older mids were cautious and taking conservative options and just weren't doing shit well.

The difference between playing well and badly is rarely a change in a plan - sometimes, playing badly is because you're just playing badly.

But hey, what do I know. It's not like Nicks told me personally, I have no idea what his intentions were.
And yet Nicks didnt move or replace these ''older mids '' - thats a failure of leadership and coaching

His quote after round 4 should have been followed up by dropping senior players

Is the S.Rowe 5aa Rumour of a
"Club Culture Role" being created/filled/started a few weeks back in here somewhere??
couldn't see it on the last thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back