Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I've deleted confirmed information

Rumors from September 30
  • FiveAA claims we are after Scott Borlace, current Head of Development at Brisbane (link)
  • Claims of Rory Sloane heading to Melbourne Demons as a development coach, but maybe not before asking for a job at the Crows first?
  • Inside Trading suggests we are interested in Gold Coast's pick 12 (link)
  • Inside Trading also suggests Clayton Oliver is possibly back on the trade table, but doesn't link him to any specific clubs

Rumors from October 1
  • We have offered Darcy Fogarty a five year contract extension early ahead of free agency (link)
  • We are attempting to lure Graham Wright to our football department (link)

Rumors from October 2-3
  • Graham Wright, who we are chasing as a head of football, is also being chased by Carlton for a CEO position (link)

Rumors from October 4-5
  • Gettable claiming pick 25 for Neal-Bullen and a future 2nd for Peatling (link)

Rumors from October 6
  • Tom Morris claims we are open to splitting pick 4 (link)

Rumor summary October 8
  • Jon Ralph claims we are not prepared to use a future 2nd on Peatling (link)

Rumor summary October 9
  • Graham Wright will not join Adelaide, instead taking up the Carlton CEO role (link)
  • Tom Morris claims the Peatling trade will involve future 2nd and 3rd round picks, and we have offered him a four year deal at about $600k per season (link)
  • Riley Beveridge claims we asked GWS if they were interested in one of our players in the Peatling trade (link)

Rumor summary October 10

• Collingwood are interested in Justin Reid as their new head of football (link)
  • GWS want our future 2nd and pick 46 for Peatling (link)

Rumor summary October 11

• Poster claims we are attempting to lure Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera, maybe in 2025 (link)
  • Tom Morris claims we will do the Peatling deal for pick 46 and a future 2nd provided there are other late pick swaps (link)

Rumor summary October 13

• Tom Morris suggests we have offered a trade involving a swap of future 2nds for Peatling (link)

Last edited:
Houston for 13, 29 and Richards is a fair deal, not many 27yos would command a first and second in this draft

Luko for their own F1 is fair, too

I guess then they just want Rat for shits and giggles
Regardless of how you valuate Houston, they lost the opportunity to gain North's F1 because they let a contracted player dictate which specific club he wants to go to even though he only requested to return to his home state and was happy to stay if a deal couldn't be brokered. They've gone from North's F1 to picks 13, 29, Richards and Atkins which is significantly worse.

Who would’ve thunk, all year of Chris Davies bitching and moaning, Kock with his paranoid conspiracy theories and all Porked Power had to do was trade in some more discarded spuds if they want an SANFL flag.
What a f***ing waste of air.

Apologies - I meant Rd 24. I am old enough to remember a standard 22 game season.

Trust you to focus on the insignificant finer points rather than the broader point.

In Rd 24 we trotted out 7 very average footballers. Peatling massively ahead of em all.
Even so... Jones is clearly not in our best 22, even if he was selected in R24.

If you wish to use that logic, then all 39 players used this year would be considered best 22.

FWIW, here is what I think the AFC regard as our best 22 from season 24:
FB: Butts Keane Worrell
HB: Hinge NMurray Michalanney
C: Dawson Berry Sholl
HF: Rachelle Fogarty Rankine
FF: Keays Thilthorpe Walker
R: ROB Crouch Soligo
Int: Curtin Murphy Laird Nankervis Dowling (sub)

Murphy, Dowling & Berry the only 3 of the 7 you named, which are actually in the best 22. If we throw in ANB, Cumming & pick #4, it becomes much harder to identify which player Peatling forces out of the best-22 (probably Laird or Nankervis).

Last edited:

Lose Houston for the finals.
Get absolutely flogged in the QF.
Never in the PF.
Lose Houston forever.
Gain Rory Atkins.

What a ripping few months for Port.

How are the Port PR team going to spin getting Rory Atkins for Houston?

Ports F1 and pick 13 aren’t equal so you can’t consider is that way

Its a tricky one.

Too many people try and look at trades as who won the trade - when both parties can win depending on their list and current situation.

A Future draft pick from Port to Gold Coast is a massive win for both teams. Port is top 4 and wants bang for their buck, so Pick 13 is far more valuable to them. Gold Coast have a plethora of young draft picks and have a bunch of kids they want in 2025 so they are trying to attain future assets to get their points up.

The simpletons try and look at Pick 13 for a F1 without looking at the respective list situations,

I think Port should be happy with that. They get the pick they want for this year and Luko. Richards and Atkins are just add ons.

Houston is a really good player but getting Luko was super important. If they can perform and its a big if they get Luko, Georgiadis up forward combined with Lord pinch hitting in the ruck they have set up the structure for their forward line for the next 5 to 10 years.

Port in: Luko, Richards, Atkins, 13, 29, F3
Port out: Houston, F1

Coll in: Houston
Coll out: F1, Richards, Noble

GC in: F1, F1, Noble
GC out: 13, 29, Luko, Atkins, F3

If you ask me, every team does pretty well for what they need

But Port actively wanting Rat is still hilarious

Ummm I really like Rory Atkins and I do think he is cream on a cake type player and in 2020 cream on the cake wasn't what we needed, I reckon he's a great option for Port, he knows how to find the footy and is a good kick, yeah he can be soft at times, but port have enough tough blokes around to counter the difference.

The rat breaks lines, he's a better and more consistent player than Jones has ever been or will be

Rankine was injured, ANB and Cumming are both in our best 18 so there's 3 spots from Round 22 who would be in front of those players you've listed and also Peatling. I would have Taylor and Dowling so also Peatling (all best 22) ahead of Laird and ROB but we know that's not going to happen.
... and Rachelle sitting on the sidelines because of club stupidity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ummm I really like Rory Atkins and I do think he is cream on a cake type player and in 2020 cream on the cake wasn't what we needed, I reckon he's a great option for Port, he knows how to find the footy and is a good kick, yeah he can be soft at times, but port have enough tough blokes around to counter the difference.

The rat breaks lines, he's a better and more consistent player than Jones has ever been or will be

You could say that about most players compared to Lachie Jones.

Even worst when you consider it wasn't just one salary dump but two (although Atkin's is only 1 year at $400K).

He won't be going to the Power for 1 year, they will be offering two years, so they have him til he is 32.

After a slow start to his career, Atkins is going to do pretty well for himself.

Even so... Jones is clearly not in our best 22, even if he was selected in R24.

This is absolute filth even for you.

Jones has played 54 of 69 games over the past 3 years. Thats almost 80% of our games, but he isnt best 22?

The way you state your batshit ideas as pure facts is comical.

If you wish to use that logic, then all 39 players used this year would be considered best 22.

You absolute pork chop. Its not my logic tying delisted Patrick Parnell to Jones - its you making shit up.

You are the epitome of a strawman. If YoungHoon Kim was half as smart as you think you are - his IQ would double.

How are the Port PR team going to spin getting Rory Atkins for Houston?
"We want to take the next step, and we need a big game player, Atkins will add a 4th player onto our list who has played in a Grand Final, And by far the best performing player on grand Final day having 3 less touches, then the other 3 players combined"

This is absolute filth even for you.

Jones has played 54 of 69 games over the past 3 years. Thats almost 80% of our games, but he isnt best 22?

The way you state your batshit ideas as pure facts is comical.
He was in the best 22 in the past. He wasn't by the end of 2024 - that's why he was only selected for 2 games after R14.
You absolute pork chop. Its not my logic tying delisted Patrick Parnell to Jones - its you making shit up.
No... you're the one suggesting that just because a player was selected in R24, he was in our best 22. The logical extension of this is that any player who played a game in 2024 should be considered as part of our best 22.

Jones played in R22 because several better players were MIA for various reasons - most notably Rankine (concussion) and Rachelle (club stupidity). If those players were available, Jones didn't play, and we're not having this conversation.

Also, Keane was missing from R24 due to personal reasons (i.e. he flew back home to Ireland).

Last edited:
I think Port should be happy with that. They get the pick they want for this year and Luko. Richards and Atkins are just add ons.

Houston is a really good player but getting Luko was super important. If they can perform and its a big if they get Luko, Georgiadis up forward combined with Lord pinch hitting in the ruck they have set up the structure for their forward line for the next 5 to 10 years.

Very fair comments.

They lose a rebounding Half back flanker. Historically this is one of the easiest positions to fill.

They gain a top 3 draft pick who kicked 39 goals in a shit side as a 22 year old. Is it enough to bridge the gap of their massive finals losses - who knows - but they need to give it a red hot go as they are in the window.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back