Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumor summary September 30
  • Cal Twomey confirms we are interested in James Peatling (link)
  • FiveAA claims we are after Scott Borlace, current Head of Development at Brisbane (link)
  • Claims of Rory Sloane heading to Melbourne Demons as a development coach, but maybe not before asking for a job at the Crows first?
  • Inside Trading suggests we are interested in Gold Coast's pick 12 (link)
  • Inside Trading also suggests Clayton Oliver is possibly back on the trade table, but doesn't link him to any specific clubs

Rumor summary October 1
  • We have offered Darcy Fogarty a five year contract extension early ahead of free agency (link)
  • We are attempting to lure Graham Wright to our football department (link)
  • Tom Morris claims the race for Peatling is down to GWS, Adelaide or a Victorian club (link)

Rumor summary October 2
  • Ricciuto claims we will announce a director of coaching this week (link)
  • GWS have upped their offer for Peatling to four years (link)
  • Twomey claims the Peatling decision is down to Adelaide, GWS and Western Bulldogs (link)
  • Graham Wright, who we are chasing as a head of football, is also being chased by Carlton for a CEO position (link)
  • Kymbo says the Peatling decision is down to Adelaide or GWS (link)
  • Poster claims Peatling has decided to stay in Sydney (link)
  • Poster claims our offer for Peatling is the best in terms of dollars by far (link)
  • We've landed Murray Davis from the Brisbane Lions as coaching director (link)

Rumor summary October 3

• Free agency lodgements for Cumming to Adelaide and Himmelberg to Gold Coast will go through tomorrow (link)
  • James Peatling has chosen Adelaide (link)

Last edited:

Oh No Fire GIF
We ordered 4 pizzas

So let me guess, the bloke who is offering his share tips to help secure new recruits is whinging about the quality of my posting?

“Share tips”? 30% guaranteed return is not a tip, it’s a gift. He’s so close too, nearly nailed it, just a touch of fine tuning and he’s there. You need to know the sheer level of intellect that you’re engaging with here, outside Carmo and Amacca, we’re all out of our depth.

Yep agree

And his game never had much nuance or class so when he lost that he was in strife

He was pure grunt, heart and energy. Once it became difficult and cognitive, like beating a tag, he was all at sea. His lowered disposal count failed to impact and average players could match or exceed whatever positive outcome he was providing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whys everyone beefing in here lol
Because no one is sure how to handle news that isn’t bad.

Therefore we must make each other feel bad.

Keep up.

Ladies [jen] and gentlemen can we please take just a moment and roll around in the utter joy that is our last ten or so days? Like really revel in it like my Heeler when he finds something dead…

Alex Neal Bullen - great get [and a great catholic lad]
Cumming - eyes on target - bang acquired -upgrade on someone
Peatling - other clubs keen including his home club -we stole him -bang
Davis - never heard of him but he’s not from SA so we sold him something - nice

So come on let’s get a full Nicksy love fest going and drop the heat and aggression for a few hours this is the most joy in relation to AFC I’ve felt since before 19th August 2023 - “ it was right in front of me”

2025 is looking a great deal better right now, this could change but right now — wooooohhhooooooo!

First half of 2017 he looked like being a top 10 level midfielder, then completely fell away to just being a very good player.
To naked eye is just looked like he wasn't completely invested in being that player.
And didn't deserve the money he took from us.

Maybe it was his body, but for a while there I don't think he was giving it everything.

I’d question how hard he worked against a tag. I remember Macca saying he found it difficult early but learned to work harder and take opponents where he didn’t think they wanted to go. Sloane just kept standing stationary at stoppages hoping things would go his way. He never took himself to a wing to gut run the tagger into oblivion. He just kept turning up to every stoppage and standing there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back