Gold Coast
Port Adelaide

Benefitted hugely:
Collingwood
Geelong
Richmond
Hawthorn

:think:
Agree with all except Horks, just don’t see giving up F1, F2 and F3 for a good, not elite, 29yo KPD is that brilliant,

Interestingly Blues rated biggest winners on the Age article I posted the link for

Just ok? That’s an A grade off season, the best this club has had overall in over 20 years in terms of bringing in multiple players that improve the best 18. Also kept pick 4.
100% AND importantly got good non SA lads to nominate us for the first time in so so long - esp Peatling where we beat out 6 other clubs. Sets an excellent precedent and who else can we knock off next year now

Barass is elite imo.
Ok that’s fair enough and I don’t really feel strongly enough about “elite” vs “very good” after this post.

I was just basing it on the fact he has averaged 15 games per year across his career (many years with Weagles in finals) so obviously had a fair share of injuries, has NEVER been AA, normally finished 7-10th in Eagles B&F with the exception of 4th in 2020 and winning it in 2022 (7th and 9th in the last 2 years).

Just feel he has been a very good player but his best is now past him and might only have 2-3 years left in his career as 30 next year. Will definitely help Horks though - just felt they gave up quite a lot but clearly they are trying to “win now”

Last edited:
Ok that’s fair enough and I don’t really feel strongly enough about “elite” vs “very good” after this post.

I was just basing it on the fact he has averaged 15 games per year across his career (many years with Weagles in finals) so obviously had a fair share of injuries, has never been AA, normally finished 7-10th in Eagles B&F with the exception of 4th in 2020 and winning it in 2022 (7th and 9th in the last 2 years).

Just feel he has been a very good player but his best is now past him and might only have 2-3 years left in his career as 30 next year. Will definitely help Horks though - just felt they gave up quite a lot but clearly they are trying to “win now”
Even 3 years of 'pretty good' Barass is big for the Hawks.

Did you listen intently when Tyler Welsh's name was put to him?

Sounded like it's not an absolute done deal?
Sorry what interview and is this available?

Welsh is interesting with such a fall from grace. I had asked you whether you were surprised by such a likely downgrade in his likely draft position and keen for your feedback. Hopefully it’s not another James Sellar big body bully type situation

So do we all just move along to the draft thread now or do we stay in here arguing about whether Reid is any good?
With Reid offered Pies Footy Boss, a HUGE promotion for the nations biggest club, where are the bedwetters about Reidy now (inc Rowey The Clown).

5 first 18 players, with at least 2 elite, traded in over 4 years. Not too many clubs have done that.

Sorry what interview and is this available?

Welsh is interesting with such a fall from grace. I had asked you whether you were surprised by such a likely downgrade in his likely draft position and keen for your feedback. Hopefully it’s not another James Sellar big body bully type situation
The short interview reidy did at the end of the trade period at marvel

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Reid offered Pies Footy Boss, a HUGE promotion for the nations biggest club, where are the bedwetters about Reidy now (inc Rowey The Clown).

5 first 18 players, with at least 2 elite, traded in over 4 years. Not too many clubs have done that.
I’m not a massive Reid fan, whilst it’s not easy to attract to a bad side is very easy to attract when you have money and picks to play with.
Let’s see how he goes when we are flying, if he’s still here.

I’m not a massive Reid fan, whilst it’s not easy to attract to a bad side is very easy to attract when you have money and picks to play with.
Let’s see how he goes when we are flying, if he’s still here.
Fair enough. But do you acknowledge the biggest club in the land offering him a big promotion means that he IS rated by key people in the industry?

Fair enough. But do you acknowledge the biggest club in the land offering him a big promotion means that he IS rated by key people in the industry?
Yeah that’s a tough one they’ve offered him a promotion, but a different role.
So they obviously rate some of his skills, do they rate him as a list manager though?

So they obviously rate some of his skills, do they rate him as a list manager though?
I imagine they'd have to rate his performance to give him a promotion

It's not what we do, but good clubs do

Did you listen intently when Tyler Welsh's name was put to him?

Sounded like it's not an absolute done deal?
Yes, I heard that. My initial reaction was he is talking him down (it is in the Crows interests to do so). Also said they will be talking with the family soon. I expect they will lay on the line their expectations regarding discipline, commitment and culture, as well as a vision of where they expect the club to be, and asking Tyler if he is willing to take t his on board and to be a part of this.

almost impossible to imagine they offer him a PROMOTION if they havent rated highly his performance in his current lower level role

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back