Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

This juxtaposition you (attempt) to pull off between old-school, knockabout Aussie tradie who swears a lot… and postmodern, enlightened male feminist, is really fascinating. I’m certainly tuning in for more.
One look at the Sack Hinkley threads suggests that we aren't exactly becoming less primitive lol.

This juxtaposition you (attempt) to pull off between old-school, knockabout Aussie tradie who swears a lot… and postmodern, enlightened male feminist, is really fascinating. I’m certainly tuning in for more.
You might want to look up the history of the trade union movement and its support for equality for the lgbtiq community.. it was at the forfront of it.. back in the 70’s… including the mighty BLF construction union..

Its yet another reason why the god bothering hard right christian conservatives hate the union movement.. it exposed them for their bible based hateful bullshit.

One of the most famous knockabout larrikins to ever live in this country, who was a massive trade unionist, was the late great Bob Hawke..

Bob was well know for not copping rascism, sexism, intolerance and homophobia in any form..

Whats with you thinking all larrikin knockabout construction workers are to be instantly labelled racist, sexist homophobes anyway?..

You might want to look up the history of the trade union movement and its support for equality for the lgbtiq community.. it was at the forfront of it.. back in the 70’s… including the mighty BLF construction union..

Its yet another reason why the god bothering hard right christian conservatives hate the union movement.. it exposed them for their bible based hateful bullshit.

One of the most famous knockabout larrikins to ever live in this country, who was a massive trade unionist, was the late great Bob Hawke..

Bob was well know for not copping rascism, sexism, intolerance and homophobia in any form..

Whats with you thinking all larrikin knockabout construction workers are to be instantly labelled racist, sexist homophobes anyway?..
Phew, good to know that it was only Keating that described Asia as that place you fly over on your way to Europe

Lmao Bob Hawke and Paul Keating would be considered far-right today by the people you align yourself with.

Phew, good to know that it was only Keating that described Asia as that place you fly over on your way to Europe
I thought that's how he described Darwin...

I thought that's how he described Darwin...

Said it about Darwin too!! didn't know that

He says that Keating once described Australia as 'the arse-end of the world', thus implying that Keating (unlike Hawke) is not a true Australian patriot. Keating is now the champion of Australian relations with Asia. It was not always so, according to Hawke. In the Cabinet anteroom, a minister complained about the stomach troubles that had struck him on a mission to Asia. 'Serves you right', said Keating. `They're the places you fly over on your way to Europe'.

And what was he supposed to do anyway?
I mean, if we want to get all legal eagle about it, maybe Toby should ask the AFL where in his contract it stipulates his responsibility for the conduct of others.

Ya know, safe workplace and all...

What?… that we’ve become more educated, more ‘modern’ and as such… less ignorant and primative?
I find the assumption that today's attitudes represent an enlightened point of view quite offensive...

Not to mention hilarious.

I mean, if we want to get all legal eagle about it, maybe Toby should ask the AFL where in his contract it stipulates his responsibility for the conduct of others.

Ya know, safe workplace and all...

It’s like the “Good Samaratin law” in the Seinfeld finale.

Parody has become reality.

1729143859765.gif
1729143871735.gif
1729143883295.gif
1729143895567.gif
1729143912928.gif
1729143930055.gif
1729143943027.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m old and I truly dislike this full on “woke” world we are entering - kids identifying as cats and drinking from bowls geez back in my day we would have bashed them, talking about my teaching days… ‘joke’ settle.

I also hate the growing victim movement [not actual victims of dv, sexual harassment etc.] but this growth of “oh my parents were so mean to me” - “oh I’ve now discovered I’m dyslexic adhd anxiety filled I just never knew”

However if blokes getting paid double the wage of a Director of Nursing or a school principal make poor decisions then they need to be hit in the pocket -too many of them believe they are above the law/normal people and act accordingly. A few years back one of our own was rather disgusting to a girlfriend of mine at an Adelaide roof top bar - she still tells the tale - he simply believed he was superior to those around him and obviously his partner.

Now with the Giants fiasco it could be that they got rotten drunk and even though it was a “private function” they would have interacted with the pub staff quite easily they could have offended/annoyed one or more of them over the day/night and that may have led to someone making their behaviour public.

Even though I’m old school I acknowledge it’s 2024 and things have changed geez I used to sit in dad’s lap in the HG from Unley oval and help him drive home pretty sure that would be frowned upon now.

These guys are young and they know what is right and wrong they must engage brain - also perhaps they all need designated thinkers from the clubs overseeing them and calling the shots when things get too loose.

My rant, I need to go and feed the cat and his sister.

I'd personally be cancelled if I did it and that footage was made public.

Whether or not Toby Greene or other players should be sanctioned for "doing nothing to stop it" depends on how much responsibility they hold for the event. Does the captaincy apply in that setting? Not sure.

I think it's rough to assume you're liable for others lack of brain cells.
It’s called leadership. As the leader of the player group he’s still responsible for upholding club standards even out of season. It’s part of the responsibility of the captaincy role.

If I had staff members playing up at a staff xmas party and I, as the Manager sat by idly and did nothing I would be getting my arse dragged before HR, same as the people who were acting up.

This is not being woke, this is just common sense and the way how things work these days, to suggest that footballers doing this is any different to any other work function is just ignorant.

If I had staff members playing up at a staff xmas party and I, as the Manager sat by idly and did nothing I would be getting my arse dragged before HR, same as the people who were acting up.

This is not being woke, this is just common sense and the way how things work these days, to suggest that footballers doing this is any different to any other work function is just ignorant.
Am I missing something it was mad Monday not a staff function?

Yeah, because you were their boss. Greene last I looked is not his team mates boss

Here's the thing. If you want to align a football club with a standard workplace, and you want to apply the same rights and obligations for players, coaches etc with those of managers and employees, you're opening up a whole can of worms.

The standard AFL contract is not the same as an employment contract. Toby Greene would not have a position description for "Captain".

The owners of the establishment are the ones required to provide a safe workplace. If I go to a pub, I'm not responsible for the workplace obligations of the employer of bar staff. So, as far as I'm concerned, the owners of the establishment are at fault here, because they should have ejected any player they felt caused problems, just the same as they would any other patron.

I mean, that's not being "anti woke" that's just using my brain and applying logic.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back