Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

In what way?..in an advice capacity or physically restraining them
If he wasn't telling them to pull their heads in, when they overstepped the line (and it must have been overstepped by a loooong way given the size of the suspensions being handed out), then that's on him.

If he told them to stop, and they chose to ignore him, then that's on them (and he should have the fine rescinded).

If he wasn't telling them to pull their heads in, when they overstepped the line (and it must have been overstepped by a loooong way given the size of the suspensions being handed out), then that's on him.

If he told them to stop, and they chose to ignore him, then that's on them (and he should have the fine rescinded).
If they think he was a bad leader then he can be removed from a leadership position, no fine 😃

You’d rather we return to the thinkings of the 1950’s eh Feenix?….
I think enlightenment would result in balance and perspective. Not hysteria and a complete lack of resilience. So no, I don't think we've progressed at all.

What i find weird about this discussion is that some of 'anti-woke' people now want the staff to be punished instead, because they complained.

Is that not hypocrisy over the 'moral outrage'?
Really? Some snowflakes must be easily triggered.

$20k fine...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, actually it’s not. Obviously you’ve never captained any type of serious sporting team
I did at junior level does that count 😂 and you have a point that a captain organises things and might say come on fellas if something got out of hand so yes sorry Vader. I think the way he said accountable got me, certainly he's not accountable in any financial sense lol

Still bar staff there mate. And security. And ushers. Lighting and sound techs. Do "safe workplace" requrements not apply in thos cases?
Actually, it has been the case in the UK (maybe in Aus too) that staff have refused to work certain events because they are offended by the scheduled speakers / performers. Maybe they claimed the content would be upsetting, or "harmful", but really it's just about trying to shut down the event because they disagree with the speakers.

I don't think venue staff have a particular right to not be offended.

I think enlightenment would result in balance and perspective. Not hysteria and a complete lack of resilience. So no, I don't think we've progressed at all.
I'll go further on this Bearded Clam considering you put modern "enlightened" culture on a pedestal.

People should realise that the moral outrage culture of the past 10 years is one step before fanatism and fundamentalism. Does anyone recall Charlie Hebdo? Where multiple innocent people were killed because a newspaper dared to publish a satirical cartoon featuring Muhammed. That's the extreme version of "woke culture".

There is a very good reason why TV shows like the Simpsons and South Park are so successful. It's because humour, even dark humour, is a fundamental human coping mechanism. It allows us to laugh at the absurd, the sickening and the tragic and in doing so reduce the threatening nature of the subject. Dark humour and satire has been around for 100s of years... why? Because it serves a purpose.

A bloke depicting Hayne and the woman by dressing up and acting out with a blow up doll is not condoning sexual violence. The theme of the night was "troubled couples" and when that context is placed around the actions it's plain to see the satirical element, albeit dark. Glorifying sexual violence would be if the guy did the same thing at a "things I like to do most" themed party.

And therein lies the problem with modern culture. There is no room for context, no nuanced thinking. It's all outrage and hurt feelings at a drop of a hat.

I recently saw a comedian making jokes about a cerebral palsy sufferer in the crowd. Her response to the jokes? "Thanks for including me". Even she could understand the context and laugh at the humour. It's a pity people with normal functioning brains have so much trouble doing the same.

Best of luck Marco, but this is very good for us

Development since he got here has been mostly subpar
It's not likely to get better under Godden.

He'll be trying to get Boyle into the AFL side lol.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back